• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Conference Alignment

Started by sevenof400, August 24, 2014, 03:33:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chaoslord

I just today realized that the FS schools replaced Siloam and VB in the 7A/6A West. Well, now it's just straight 7A West. Interesting! Gonna be a heck of a time watching all those schools battle it out.

I got in touch with the CAC AD to ask about the lack of bid. He said it was bad timing and that other events just meant they wouldn't have the staff to do it. Didn't say a thing about Burns being unavailable so it looks like I was wrong about that.

Hope has a complex like VHSCoach2 mentioned but the last time I was there it was pretty poor quality. If the fields have gotten in better shape I think it'd be interesting for them to get a chance to host it. That said, I'm pulling for Harrison to win the bid because otherwise the closest playoff game to me will be 3 1/2 hours! We'll find out tomorrow evening.

chaoslord

VHSCoach2

Congratulations to all of the winning schools in all classifications!

The 5A Tournament should be interesting. As chaoslord pointed out, the complex at Hope wasn't in the best shape for a while. Things must have turned around or are currently turning around.

It's also interesting that the 7A Boys (Cabot) and Girls (Bryant), and the the 6A (Searcy) Tournaments are, pretty much, centrally located with seemingly easy access for folks to be able to check those out.  Hopefully we hear something on the 4A location soon.

Go Postal

January 15, 2015, 08:08:11 pm #53 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:19:48 pm by Go Postal
It looks like there could be a possibility for some great Spring sports in the Goblin Nation once again this year...

BASEBALL
Region, May 8-11
Class 4A
North: Dover, Huntsville at Harrison Parks, Lincoln
Class 3A
Region 3: Bergman at Harrison Parks
Class 1A
Region 1: Lead Hill at Harrison Parks
State, May 14-16
Class 5A: Harrison
Class 4A: Heber Springs, Gosnell, Ashdown, Huntsville at Harrison Parks
Class 3A: Genia Central, Smackover, Bergman at Harrison Parks
Class 1A: Armorel, South Side Bee Branch & Nemo Vista, Taylor, Lead Hill at Harrison Parks

SOFTBALL
Region, May 8-11
Class 4A
North: Dover, Huntsville at Harrison Parks, Lincoln
Class 3A
Region 3: Bergman at Harrison Parks
Class 1A
Region 1: Scranton, Lead Hill at Harrison Parks

State, May 14-16
Class 5A: Hot Springs Lakeside, Harrison
Class 4A: Heber Springs, Brookland, Gosnell, Mena, Ashdown, Monticello, Huntsville at Harrison Parks
Class 3A: Bergman @ Harrison Parks
Class 1A: Armorel, South Side Bee Branch, Scranton, Viola, Lead Hill at Harrison Parks

SOCCER
State, May 14-16
Class 5A: Harrison (soccer complex & stadium), Hope

TRACK AND FIELD
State, May 4-9
Class 5A: Harrison (stadium), Morrilton – May 7

Good Luck to all schools that made a bid.  Yes, the travel might be far between towns but that is the nature of living in the "Natural State".  I have been all over the World and have resided in many places, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else but Arkansas.

Quote from: chaoslord on January 15, 2015, 05:45:50 pm
Searcy and Hope are the winners
Dang it.  I have some annual leave to burn this year and might be able to get off during soccer playoffs.  I might have to go to Searcy, since it is closer, but I have never been to Hope and always enjoy watching the Goblins/Lady Goblins (or any 5A West team and DeQueen) play or could use it to go to finals in closer Fayetteville.

chaoslord

January 26, 2015, 07:35:02 am #54 Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:39:00 am by chaoslord
We had our soccer referee meeting yesterday and, apart from a slide about the New England Patriots and a bunch of questions related to that whole thing, the most interesting thing to come out of it was hearing that Harrison and Huntsville supposedly did go in as a combined 5A/4A bid. When 5A went to Hope it sunk that. [E: Thought someone asked about a combined bid earlier in the thread, which is why I brought this up. Skimming through I didn't see it. Hm. Guess it's all in my head.]

I was also told by the assignor at Showcase of the South that Burns Park will close down 30 days before Regionals, which would be the 18th. That means Burns could host 4A, so if I was a betting man that's where I'd imagine it will end up being.

March 2nd is almost here, y'all  ;D

Arbitro

Quote from: chaoslord on January 26, 2015, 07:35:02 am
We had our soccer referee meeting yesterday
I was there too.  Sorry I missed you.

chaoslord

Quote from: Arbitro on January 26, 2015, 12:08:49 pm

Oh man! I should have sent you a message to see if you were going. That was my first time attending. I usually work Showcase instead. I was the person on the second row who responded when our liason asked "Does anyone know whats happening in Northwest Arkansas?"

I'll probably see you at tournament time since I can't go to Harrison or stay here in NWA like I have for literally every post season game I've worked before now.

Arbitro

Quote from: chaoslord on January 26, 2015, 02:38:32 pm
Quote from: Arbitro on January 26, 2015, 12:08:49 pm

Oh man! I should have sent you a message to see if you were going. That was my first time attending. I usually work Showcase instead. I was the person on the second row who responded when our liason asked "Does anyone know whats happening in Northwest Arkansas?"

I'll probably see you at tournament time since I can't go to Harrison or stay here in NWA like I have for literally every post season game I've worked before now.
I didn't think about it either.  I was mostly quiet, except when I asked the first presenter to clarify the fact that any injured player needed to leave the field when the clock was stopped for the injury - whether or not they were going to be replaced.
Until the tournament, though for all I know I'll end up in Hope...

Lionheart88

I was there as well.  Spoke to Arbitro, as he knows.  I was the one who asked why mouthpieces have to be red and can't be white.

Sir Alex

Quote from: chaoslord on January 26, 2015, 07:35:02 am
We had our soccer referee meeting yesterday and, apart from a slide about the New England Patriots and a bunch of questions related to that whole thing, the most interesting thing to come out of it was hearing that Harrison and Huntsville supposedly did go in as a combined 5A/4A bid. When 5A went to Hope it sunk that. [E: Thought someone asked about a combined bid earlier in the thread, which is why I brought this up. Skimming through I didn't see it. Hm. Guess it's all in my head.]

I was also told by the assignor at Showcase of the South that Burns Park will close down 30 days before Regionals, which would be the 18th. That means Burns could host 4A, so if I was a betting man that's where I'd imagine it will end up being.

March 2nd is almost here, y'all  ;D

Harrison and Huntsville did not go in to bid together.  There is no logical way you could host both tournaments on four fields, well at least not the first day.  Glad to see someone south of Pulaski County getting the 5A.  HOPEfully they put on a good tournament. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas