• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats the gas price in your town?

Started by Lions84, October 03, 2005, 10:20:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

2.05 in Houston Missouri
2.15 in Salem missouri

Walter

I filled up at Russellville at pilot for 2.09, We are around 2.14 here at Sardis.

Lions84

$2:08-2:15 down here in Cleburne Texas

Lions84

bleudog

$1.969 in Ruston, LA Saturday
$2.139 in El Doradeaux

Lions84

Longfellow

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on February 15, 2017, 01:57:24 pm
$2.05 in Russellville today

I do miss those River Valley prices.... I believe it is about 2.15 area here in NWA which is about a normal difference.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on February 15, 2017, 03:28:29 pm
I do miss those River Valley prices.... I believe it is about 2.15 area here in NWA which is about a normal difference.

It's 2.15 in Hector...The second highest in pope county...Right behind the metropolis of Tilly

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 15, 2017, 04:32:30 pm
It's 2.15 in Hector...The second highest in pope county...Right behind the metropolis of Tilly

I figure you are selective like I am with your stations. I try to avoid filling in the smaller towns when I am driving through a lot of them for my job. I used to make sure to fill up selectively in Russellville. Those people in the hills of Mountain View, Melbourne, and others sadly don't even have that choice. They just have to take what they can get.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on February 15, 2017, 05:30:45 pm
I figure you are selective like I am with your stations. I try to avoid filling in the smaller towns when I am driving through a lot of them for my job. I used to make sure to fill up selectively in Russellville. Those people in the hills of Mountain View, Melbourne, and others sadly don't even have that choice. They just have to take what they can get.

I'm selective as in....Cheapest I drive by everyday haha....Only fuel I don't burn in my car is shell....It starts misfiring for some reason

But your right....When I go trout fishing I fill up before heading north

Lions84

$1:87 at the Wal mart in Burleson Texas.

HorseFeathers

From this weekend...
2.00 in Greenbrier
2.15 in mountain view
2.02 in Clinton

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 21, 2017, 04:37:35 pm
From this weekend...
2.00 in Greenbrier
2.15 in mountain view
2.02 in Clinton

Pretty country right there.... I call that a good day in my book if you got to drive that today.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on February 21, 2017, 06:15:16 pm
Pretty country right there.... I call that a good day in my book if you got to drive that today.

Took a back roads trip to Mt Vernon for their district finals.(on Friday)...Google sent me across one dirt road for that one...And up through Clinton/mountain home/ norfork on Saturday for the 1a-2N district finals...As far as the country ..

beach bum

February 21, 2017, 07:12:37 pm #5415 Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:16:27 pm by beach bum
Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 21, 2017, 06:32:24 pm
Took a back roads trip to Mt Vernon for their district finals.(on Friday)...Google sent me across one dirt road for that one...And up through Clinton/mountain home/ norfork on Saturday for the 1a-2N district finals...As far as the country ..

That is pretty awesome and it has been so warm out there you probably were able to roll the windows down some haha. I have always enjoyed scoreboard watching on those 1A teams in that part of the state just east or west of Hwy 65 and also the 1A schools down in the southwest part of the state too. I love those dirt roads in the Ozarks too. A simple 15 mile stretch can take forever if you don't have the right vehicle is the problem. As long as you got a good truck or jeep as I bet you do it is perfect.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on February 21, 2017, 07:12:37 pm
That is pretty awesome and it has been so warm out there you probably were able to roll the windows down some haha. I have always enjoyed scoreboard watching on those 1A teams in that part of the state just east or west of Hwy 65 and also the 1A schools down in the southwest part of the state too. I love those dirt roads in the Ozarks too. A simple 15 mile stretch can take forever if you don't have the right vehicle is the problem. As long as you got a good truck or jeep as I bet you do it is perfect.

Ford Taurus with not so good tires 8). Tire was a good one...The gas companies do a good job of maintaining the roads in their neck of the woods well at least in Conway county

Lions84

Lions84

HorseFeathers

Paid 1.99 in poplar bluff...

Seen 2.25 in Belleville Illinois

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 21, 2017, 06:22:55 pm
Paid 1.99 in poplar bluff...

Seen 2.25 in Belleville Illinois

Seeing the general area you were cruising about you might have just the info I need to help me out with my trip I am taking this summer. We are driving all the way to Boston before we fly out, and because I have been to every state in the eastern US except Kentucky I am taking a funky route that goes through Poplar Bluff then hitting a diagonal towards Lexington. What I was wanting to know is how fast is the speed limit is on Hwy 60 or 160 in Missouri in the southeast part there and is it 4 lanes some of it instead of the old 2 lane highway? You definitely seemed to have taken a slightly different way then I will end up trekking, but how are the highways right above the Arkansas/Missouri line there cause it looks like I will be hitting a lot of the same highway for a bit you did.

HorseFeathers

March 21, 2017, 09:40:53 pm #5421 Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:29:42 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: beach bum on March 21, 2017, 06:53:23 pm
Seeing the general area you were cruising about you might have just the info I need to help me out with my trip I am taking this summer. We are driving all the way to Boston before we fly out, and because I have been to every state in the eastern US except Kentucky I am taking a funky route that goes through Poplar Bluff then hitting a diagonal towards Lexington. What I was wanting to know is how fast is the speed limit is on Hwy 60 or 160 in Missouri in the southeast part there and is it 4 lanes some of it instead of the old 2 lane highway? You definitely seemed to have taken a slightly different way then I will end up trekking, but how are the highways right above the Arkansas/Missouri line there cause it looks like I will be hitting a lot of the same highway for a bit you did.

67 is 4 Lane most of the way through Missouri...(merges with I-55 at festus south of St Louis.)...Think it was all 65 mph speed limit except in a few places where it doesn't bypass towns closer to I-55 dropped to 55 at the slowest that I noticed....I may have been speeding quite a bit today..

60 is mostly divided 4 Lane from republic to West plains(never had a reason to go beyond west plains)...There are some stoplights outside of Springfield though(rogersville and Seymour). I think the speed limit is 60-65 for at least Springfield to West plains(approx 100 miles).

Hope that helps

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 21, 2017, 09:40:53 pm
67 is 4 Lane most of the way through Missouri...(merges with I-55 at festus south of St Louis.)...Think it was all 65 mph speed limit except in a few places where it doesn't bypass towns closer to I-55 dropped to 55 at the slowest that I noticed....I may have been speeding quite a bit today..

60 is mostly divided 4 Lane from republic to West plains(never had a reason to go beyond west plains)...There are some stoplights outside of Springfield though(rogersville and Seymour). I think the speed limit is 60-65 for at least Springfield to West plains(approx 100 miles).

Hope that helps

Ok awesome... It sounds like I can still make some decent time for it being non interstate travel then for the first bit of my travel. Funny you say you were speeding cause I am not even a fast driver, but sometimes it is hard to not speed on highways like that. I appreciate the info and will be definitely taking that route the way there.

HorseFeathers

Seen 3.34 on Illinois side of Mississippi River.... Not sure where we were...Let wife use her iPhone to map a way back to hotel......And it picked some rough neighborhoods to drive thru...

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 22, 2017, 06:49:31 pm
Seen 3.34 on Illinois side of Mississippi River.... Not sure where we were...Let wife use her iPhone to map a way back to hotel......And it picked some rough neighborhoods to drive thru...

Man there are seriously some bad places on the other side of the river in Saint Louis. I did not know until the other day how bad East Saint Louis truly was in the 1980's until I watched a documentary about the drug problems in the 80's.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on March 24, 2017, 09:33:25 pm
Man there are seriously some bad places on the other side of the river in Saint Louis. I did not know until the other day how bad East Saint Louis truly was in the 1980's until I watched a documentary about the drug problems in the 80's.

Yeah.... I mentioned getting lost in E St Louis once to my uncle (he lived here in the 60's & 70's) and he told me that was a good way to shot....

Lions84

East St Louis has had a bad rep since the 1970's !  Gas down here $1.97 and up.

HorseFeathers

2.03 in Dover
Paid 1.99 in Rogersville Missouri saturday

bleudog

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 25, 2017, 08:13:04 am
Yeah.... I mentioned getting lost in E St Louis once to my uncle (he lived here in the 60's & 70's) and he told me that was a good way to shot....

"This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. You're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna have fun.."

Lions84

$2:18 in Cleburne Texas and $2:12 down in Brownwood where the kid attending college.

Redwolves8526

Prices going up for you guys in your neck of the woods? Diesel has gone up almost 20 cents in NEA over the past few weeks!

HorseFeathers

Maynard G Krebs

Neighborhood WalMart on 70w in hot springs 1.99

HorseFeathers

Paid 1.85 in nowata Oklahoma Saturday
2.15 in Russellville today

Lions84

Brownwood TX was $2:04 last Saturday and we are $2:11 in Cleburne Texas today.

ricepig

$1.49/gal with a $.50/gal discount @ Kroger today.

bleudog

$2.029 in Minden, LA this afternoon.

Longfellow

Lions84

HorseFeathers

beach bum

In Iceland the gas was the equivalent of roughly $7.75 per gallon. Obviously, they are measuring their gas in liters however. Luckily the vehicle we had was getting about 50-55 mpg for the 5 days we drove it around. Most of the eastern U.S. was sitting right around $2.30 on my drive up to Boston. The highest I saw was a stop on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in central PA where the sign read "next gas location in 80 miles"...... They were definitely jacking up the price at $2.69

Walter

Paid 1.87 in Bryant the other day. First time in a while it has been under 2.00

bleudog

Quote from: beach bum on June 09, 2017, 05:28:08 pm
In Iceland the gas was the equivalent of roughly $7.75 per gallon. Obviously, they are measuring their gas in liters however. Luckily the vehicle we had was getting about 50-55 mpg for the 5 days we drove it around. Most of the eastern U.S. was sitting right around $2.30 on my drive up to Boston. The highest I saw was a stop on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in central PA where the sign read "next gas location in 80 miles"...... They were definitely jacking up the price at $2.69

Not to turn this into a political discussion and I would assume Iceland is a limited resource country, but any idea what the tax burden per gallon of gas is in Iceland?

Does Iceland have an income tax structure similar to US?  Does Iceland have a minimum wage?

beach bum

Quote from: bleudog on June 15, 2017, 09:15:28 am
Not to turn this into a political discussion and I would assume Iceland is a limited resource country, but any idea what the tax burden per gallon of gas is in Iceland?

Does Iceland have an income tax structure similar to US?  Does Iceland have a minimum wage?

They are paid a minimum of what is almost exactly $20 in USD, but yes I did see where the highest bracket of earners are taxed at whopping 47% rate. The "lower" earners are still hit at 37% so the taxes are very high for all. I do not know how much of that gas is from the tax portion, but I can only imagine it is a lot like mainland Europe. I have never seen a place be so environmentally conscious cause when I went to put my stuff in the trash each time they had 6 or 7 separate bins for it to be recycled in its respective spot. The system they have seems to be working because they are only 1% in size of our population and seem to have a government they can trust. With the scenery and the peoples' way of life it really felt like I was on a different planet. You are certainly right though that with their tax system, inability to have its own resources, and being so environmentally protective it cranks that gas price up. As an interesting side note all they sold there was diesel or 95 octane. I am not sure at a gas pump here in the US you can find anything above 93 octane and most regular gas is sitting at 87 or 89. I was kind of amazed when I saw the 95 octane...

Longfellow

HorseFeathers

Lumberjackfan1978

HorseFeathers

Seen 1.99 in hot springs yesterday..

2.11 in Hector
2.07 in Russellville

Lions84

bleudog

Saw $1.939 in Minden, LA on Sunday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas