• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations Batesville Lady Pioneers, 4A State Champions

Started by NEASportsFan1, March 07, 2019, 11:45:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEASportsFan1

I wanted to take a minute to congratulate a coach and a team that battled expectations that were set early in the year to get a state title win. These teenage girls did not allow the pressure to break them, instead they rose to the challenge and got the job done. Around Batesville, everyone knew expectations were high for this years team. These talented  seniors have done a tremendous job of representing our town and school. Mix in a great, dedicated coach and you have a recipe for success. So happy Coach Fowler finally gets his hands on some much deserved hardware. Great game plan against a great team.

JessieP

So proud of these girls. They never wilted under the pressure or when their coach suffered a stroke. They are a family and now state champs.

Intelligentsia

What fun watching these young ladies over a number of years, the three senior starters from early elementary.  They leave it all on the court!!  Those three seniors have been runner up in volleyball two years in a row, so it's nice they've finally achieved a championship, even if in a different sport.   

MDXPHD

Very well said. They had one goal on their mind and that was a state championship. Any other tournament wins or big victories were just an added bonus. Batesville has produced some very athletic girls coming through their programs for about 15 straight years now so it's nice to finally get a title in basketball. We've won 7 straight xc and 5 straight track and field, some softball, so close in volleyball for several years now (if VV would calm down a little).

The state championship is the biggest win of the year, obviously, but that win over Nettleton and their 4 D-1 players have as a close second.

Haigwood has her best game of the year in the championship. She deserved to end it that way. She will be a low key asset that's hugely missed next year.

RedWolf275

Congrats to Coach Stan Fowler and Batesville! He deserves a title and he had the team to get it done. Higgenbottom is smooth as silk and has to be near the top of the best sophomores in the state.

FridayNightCoach

First time I've ever seen a 5a school win a 4a state championship. Curious if Southside Batesville is getting a trophy too for the players that transferred over to Batesville? Gotta give them some credit since the players left the school out to dry. 

NEA Razorback olfan

FridayNightCoach

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 08, 2019, 09:28:12 am
Congrats to Coach Stan Fowler and Batesville! He deserves a title and he had the team to get it done. Higgenbottom is smooth as silk and has to be near the top of the best sophomores in the state.
"Deserves" I wonder if hes happy with a 4a state title with a 5a team? The coaches at Southside Batsville needs credit for those two starters they developed for Batesville. Not that impressive. Might as well let Marion play Clarendon for the 2a boys state championship while we are at it. Maybe my boys could beat Marion. I hope the AAA doesn't continue to let teams drop classifications. Its not classy, and for sure not impressive.

JessieP

Quote from: FridayNightCoach on March 08, 2019, 01:22:54 pm
"Deserves" I wonder if hes happy with a 4a state title with a 5a team? The coaches at Southside Batsville needs credit for those two starters they developed for Batesville. Not that impressive. Might as well let Marion play Clarendon for the 2a boys state championship while we are at it. Maybe my boys could beat Marion. I hope the AAA doesn't continue to let teams drop classifications. Its not classy, and for sure not impressive.

If their coaches were developing them they may still be at SS. There have been many stupid whines on these boards but yours may be the stupidest. I mean your post was powerful stupid.

RunninJoe

The pettiness/jealousy/ignorance is strong with this one. Batesville has the State Champion trophy. Nobody else. Batesville EARNED it. Plus, the AAA didn't "let" anybody drop a classification. The AAA made the decision - not Batesville. You have NO CLASS to come here and spout off trying to take something away from the STATE CHAMPIONS.

Gravelbar

Izzy was at Batesville as a youngster someone said---then moved south and then back to her original starting point. Might look into that for sure.

The_Pioneer

The truly upset is strong from south of the White River....

JessieP

Quote from: Gravelbar on March 08, 2019, 02:00:27 pm
Izzy was at Batesville as a youngster someone said---then moved south and then back to her original starting point. Might look into that for sure.

That is 100% true, she simply returned home. What the moron FridayNightRoach didn't bring up is the 3 or 4 players every year who get their feelings hurt at Batesville and run to the teet across the river in football. Another small tidbit that might interest FNR is that Batesville is a 4A school, for years they were playing up a classification.

Pioneerman68

Lol, real classy, maybe you should do some homework before you decide to run your mouth . Congrats to the lady Pioneers on a great season!!!! well deserved State Champions

NEASPORTSFAN

Fowler gets a ring, and so do all of those girls. Also, none of them are as big of a douchebag as you are, so they have that going for them. What a loser, coming on here trying to discredit a state champion. You do realize this team beat the #1 ranked team in 5A by double digits right? Total dbag.

MDXPHD

Guys - why don't y'all just jump in the boat with him?! He's obviously fishing and he's caught quite a few! I am not biting though. ;D

Lumberjackfan1978

Intelligentsia

Those girls improved as a result of good AAU experience, effective summer camps not associated with the school system, and most of all, hard work on their own!!  The absence of school practice/game-time improvement at Southside is precisely why they transferred back to their HOME district to play under an outstanding man and Coach, Stan Fowler.  Why don't you spend more time with your sweet daughter and and grandchildren, Coach?  They'd love to have you leave your current state of bitterness and just be a happy, positive influence. 

Leadbelly

Developing? Really? You BSS people need to shut your pie holes. Obviously the BSS coaches couldn't finalize the products. If you're coaches developed the talent then something went wrong in their process of the finalized product! You BSS people have been whining and complaining for decades about playing Batesville because BSS is just as good or better and how you would beat Batesville. Well you're getting your shot now so STHU. Worry about beating who is on the schedule, because you obviously cant do that in Basketball?
Big Daddy Brogden and his BBM money couldn't even buy you guys one! You have done everything you can to be a force, a power, a dominating Horde in basketball AND YOU HAVE FAILED MISERABLY! Go cry on someone elses parade because you don't have a clue what your taking about!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas