• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team Summer Camps

Started by chandler, March 07, 2019, 10:09:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chandler

Do y'all have any suggestions on a good, somewhat inexpensive, boys team camp (or at least an individual camp that will group your team together)? I've been looking into UCA and Missouri State, but both are so expensive ($300-$400 per player).

Arkiesoccer

That is about the going rate (somewhat on the lower end as well) for college camps - especially if you are thinking residential for 3-4 days.   Depending on what level/age the boys are and what you are wanting to get out of a camp, challenger camps have a "team" option that a lot of the non classic clubs use here in AR and for the money, they aren't too bad.

sssuperpantherfan2

Bigger camps usually draw big crowds and the D2 & D3, NAIA coaches help run the camps. You can look into D2, D3 and NAIA camps for about a 1/3 of the cost or less.

chandler

Do you have any D2, D3 or NAIA camps that you could recommend?

Ranger20

You have to identify what you want from it most to determine what is likely to best and most affordable. The least expensive team camp my kids have been involved with has been when the coach brought a college coach or A/B licensed coach in house and conducted a week of training. Each kid had to chip in only $35-50 and it also gave the team coach an opportunity to learn some things, too.

sssuperpantherfan2

Quote from: chandler on March 10, 2019, 10:24:30 am
Do you have any D2, D3 or NAIA camps that you could recommend?

Your best bet is to go to the college web site and find the women's soccer page, they will have the coaches listed with contact info, usually email. Send a request for camp information and they will get back with you. Arkansas colleges recruit late but don't wait till the last minute, start as early as you can. Get to know the coaches by doing a campus visit.  I always ask what positions they are looking to fill with your kids graduation year. Some coaches will travel to games to watch players, last weekend we spoke to Lyons and Hendrix coaches at the Bentonville Tournament.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas