• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atkins vs Mtn View

Started by Hitman Warrior23, March 04, 2019, 11:25:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitman Warrior23

Who do you have?

Atkins run this state tournament is so impressive.
More hope then logic I'm going with their size and defense to win this one.

54Bearkatz2014

Mountain View wins. Shipman goes out a state champ.

RedWolf275

I'm also going with Mountain View by 6

athletic supporter

If Atkins can stay out of foul trouble, Red Devils by 8. If they get in foul trouble, Yellowjackets by 3

urban legend2

Kind of a tough one to call. The Mt. View team that showed up Saturday would've given the heavyweights in 5A and 6A a challenge. I do think if Atkins comes out and gets Handie going early, it'll be interesting. They played with a lot of confidence all week in Osceola, and they've go to to the same in this last one. Cox, the sophomore guard, went down with an ankle injury late in the semifinal so I'm not sure what her status will be. Mt. View is definitely the favorite though.

1-Adam-12

Super impressed with the way Atkins has been playing the past couple of weeks.  Dillard has been a real handful for a lot of teams and Handie has really come on.  Not to mention the very talented guards.  Their length is a problem for a lot of teams.

And the best may yet be ahead.  Four of their top six are sophomores.

501Arkansas

If MT.View shoot that ball like they did in the semifinals against Trumann, I'll say MT.View by 10+

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on March 05, 2019, 06:46:12 am
Super impressed with the way Atkins has been playing the past couple of weeks.  Dillard has been a real handful for a lot of teams and Handie has really come on.  Not to mention the very talented guards.  Their length is a problem for a lot of teams.

And the best may yet be ahead.  Four of their top six are sophomores.

Very much agree.  Their defense against the three has gotten better for sure.   But the inside game i feel will be the difference.  If the bigs like mentioned stay out of foul trouble.  Should be hard to stop

athletic supporter

One of the things that I think gives Atkins a good chance to win Saturday is the fact they don't rely on the 3 as heavily as a lot of teams. They will pound it inside and also settle for mid-range jumpers. They definitely aren't the favorite, but they are MY favorite team playing this weekend. 😎😊😈

ISU7

Atkins by 6
Good luck to both teams 8)

smallybells

Got to stick with the 3A-4 on this one even though they are rivals any other time. Atkins by 5.

Basketballfan13

friscokid

Atkins is a football school, Mountain View is a basketball school. Advantage Mountain View. (Doesn't matter boys or girls.)

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: friscokid on March 08, 2019, 01:26:03 pm
Atkins is a football school, Mountain View is a basketball school. Advantage Mountain View. (Doesn't matter boys or girls.)

hmm not certain that it matters, when it comes to that. MY OPINION they are both basketball schools if they are in the title game.

friscokid

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on March 08, 2019, 02:24:48 pm
hmm not certain that it matters, when it comes to that. MY OPINION they are both basketball schools if they are in the title game.
True, and I remember when Atkins boys won state in 1995. Atkins lost 5 times to Keith Carter and Perryville that year, then Perryville got upset by Star City in the opposite state semifinal. But that Atkins team was led by 3 star players (Warren, Malone, Shepherd) who never touched the gridiron after junior high if at all. A definite outlier.

biglion1985

I remember seeing that atkins game on YouTube. Who was Atkins playing that year?

athletic supporter

Quote from: biglion1985 on March 08, 2019, 04:38:32 pm
I remember seeing that atkins game on YouTube. Who was Atkins playing that year?

Star City

biglion1985

Ok thanks for the info that was an exciting game

razorsharp94

Who are Atkins starters through the tournament?

athletic supporter

Atkins 16
Mtn. View 14
End of 1st

Ale Handie with 2 fouls in the first 1:12

Football4ever

AllStarSportsFan

Mountain View won by 11.  Sorry I don't remember the score.

athletic supporter

ISU7

Congrats Mt View from region 3 8)

athletic supporter

Congrats to the Yellowjackets!

badcat

Congratulations Lady Yellowjackets.  😉

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas