• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ashdown v Drew Central Thurs @ 7:30

Started by hogdiggity, March 03, 2019, 04:58:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogdiggity

Bbal789

I got Ashdown, will be a close game but they will get revenge for the regional championship

Blast from the Past

I'll take Ashdown by 10. Too many ways to beat you.

Partsman

Ashdown by 15. Both teams played tough in district but one of Ashdown's best player sat out. Hope they have different Refs than the last game.

urban legend2

After watching the 3A tourney, I'd give Ashdown the nod, but Drew Central played with an edge all last week. I know Wilkerson didn't play in the first meeting, and he's going to at least give the Panthers 12-15 points. But Ashdown has got to stay outta foul trouble, and vice versa. I'd imagine it'll be called tightly.

birddawg1986

March 04, 2019, 08:41:16 pm #5 Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:45:02 pm by birddawg1986
Very impressed with Ashdown starting 5. Love the tuff PG #2 who leads and can shoot. #21 is undersized for a post player but 2 points are almost guaranteed everytime. #12 does a little bit of everything and can flat out play. On short note Coach James Smith Marked Tree team played in the state championship 30 years ago this weekend. I'll take the Panthers by 7.

501Arkansas

I'm going with DC just because they made it here last year. Ashdown is good and number 2 is a dog as well

DC83

Drew Central by 1, that's all it takes and they Win the close ones.

CTEPirateFan

Of course I'm going for DC. It's time to add a fourth boys state championship trophy to the trophy case. Unfinished business has been the mantra all season and it's time to take care of it.

ISU7

With #12 back I'm taking Ashdown by 8 8)
good luck to both teams.

501Arkansas

Good luck to both teams that has beaten Osceola in the semifinals the last two seasons lol Drew Central last season and Ashdown this season. Hope to play you guys next year lol May the best team win. I will be in the building with my purple and gold on that will have Seminoles on it lol Good luck young men!!

Partsman

Ready to go watch Ashdown bring this trophy to the south.

teachers pet

Where do you think Drew Central is? It will be in the south no matter who wins!

Hogman2018

Texarkana is rooting for you boys at Ashdown!! Bring it home

Hogman2018

Quote from: teachers pet on March 07, 2019, 09:24:01 am
Where do you think Drew Central is? It will be in the south no matter who wins!
In the East!

54Bearkatz2014

Quote from: Hogman2018 on March 07, 2019, 10:22:11 am
In the East!

LOL you are kidding right? Drew Central is in Monticello. If you can get on and post to this site you can use google! At least be close!

teachers pet

March 07, 2019, 12:14:48 pm #16 Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:48:40 pm by teachers pet
Monticello is in the southeast and Ashdown in the southwest Google boy!

WorkOrder

Quote from: teachers pet on March 07, 2019, 12:14:48 pm
Monticello is in the southeast and Ashdown in the southwest smart boy!

So both are south

Partsman

March 07, 2019, 01:14:43 pm #18 Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:48:22 pm by Partsman
Bringing it to the southwest then. I know where Drew Central is but they aren't leaving with it.

JacketFan

This team is playing for there coach tonite, this game is fixin to be out of reach, DC has to make some major adjustments at the half to even get back in this game

couch-coach06

Partsman

smallybells

Boy, this has gotten ugly. Ashdown is just too much physically for DC.

501Arkansas

Embarrassing, I thought this game was going to be a good and close one smh

501Arkansas

hogdiggity

DC shouldnt e same court with Ashdown

couch-coach06

Quote from: hogdiggity on March 07, 2019, 09:19:00 pm
DC shouldnt e same court with Ashdown

Your right because ashdown should be in 4a lol congrats too the Panthers ! Glad too see the title come too SW Arkansas!

Partsman

hogdiggity

Quote from: couch-coach06 on March 07, 2019, 09:23:35 pm

Your right because ashdown should be in 4a lol congrats too the Panthers ! Glad too see the title come too SW Arkansas!

Lol. DC can get another years use out of the unfinished business shirts

501Arkansas

Quote from: hogdiggity on March 07, 2019, 09:40:13 pm

Lol. DC can get another years use out of the unfinished business shirts
😂

501Arkansas

LRRandy

Congratulations Ashdown. State champions. Great season.

Bbal789

Ashdown showed they were the most complete team in 3a this year. Guard play was incredible, Lamar Wilkerson is a stud, and the defense caused many turnovers. Solid year by the panthers.

Kind of wished we could have watched them play Baptist and Mcbride in the championship and that would have been an exciting state championship type game.

Hasbeen92

Congrats Panthers great season every senior wants to go out that way

hogdiggity

March 08, 2019, 07:18:41 am #34 Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 07:32:05 am by hogdiggity
Quote from: 501Arkansas on March 07, 2019, 09:57:51 pm
Anybody have the stats?
not complete stats but this tells the story:

Ashdown's starters were a combined 21 of 36 from the floor. Overall, the Panthers were 25 of 42 from the floor and 14 of 15 from the free-throw line. Drew Central was guilty of 18 turnovers; Ashdown made 12 steals.

DC could not handle pressure.  0 for them scored 3 points I think, he could not get away from Wilkerson to get a free look.

Ashdown=9=27=18=15=—=69

Drew Central=9=9=8=14=—=40

ASHDOWN (69): Hunter 4-8 2-2 12, Nutt 6-7 5-5 18, Wilkerson 4-8 2-2 12, J. Smith 7-10 1-1 15, Nelson 2-3 0-0 4, Dunn 1-2 2-2 4, D. Smith 1-1 0-0 2, TOTALS 25-42 14-15 69.

DC (40): Barnard 2-6 1-1 5, Trantham 1-5 3-4 6, Shead 1-7 8-11 10, Eubanks 6-9 3-3 15, Williams 0-2 2-2 2, Chavis 1-2 0-0 2, TOTALS 11-34 17-21 40.

3-point goals: ASH-Hunter 2, Wilkerson 2, Nutt; DC-Trantham. Team fouls: Ashdown 17, Drew Central 16.

PirateFan4Life

Kinda sad that Ashdown had to play in a lower class to win a title. IF YOU ARE A 4A SCHOOL PLAY IN A 4A CONFERNCE FOR ALL SPORTS.

501Arkansas

Quote from: PirateFan4Life on March 08, 2019, 10:40:12 am
Kinda sad that Ashdown had to play in a lower class to win a title. IF YOU ARE A 4A SCHOOL PLAY IN A 4A CONFERNCE FOR ALL SPORTS.
It's not their fault

HorseFeathers

Well, with this argument they should be in 3a for football, seeing as they are a 3a school in everything but football....🤦

KOJACK

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 08, 2019, 11:00:24 am
Well, with this argument they should be in 3a for football, seeing as they are a 3a school in everything but football....🤦
Not true. By numbers they are a 4A school. They became 3A when aaa catered to the big schools and did away with 7A in basketball and spring sports.

hogdiggity

Nobody in Ashdown asked to be put in 3A.  Make yourself feel better however you need.  Baptist Prep would have dusted you too.

Jimbo Morphis

Losing with class? Quit whining

hogdiggity

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 08, 2019, 11:00:24 am

One of the many failings of the AAA.  There is absolutely no reason to have a 6A classification in football.  There are very few teams in it.  From my understanding they caved to NW Ark schools not combining the two classifications somehow. 

Ashdown is a mid to bottom level 4A school per enrollment, from the proposal a few years ago to get rid of the 6A we would have become 3A in everything.  The NWA schools would not vote for it if included football.  So the AAA took football out to appease them.  I would prefer to be 1 classification in every sport.  Don't care if it is 3A, 4A, or whatever.  Our 4A conference is huge, We have one School within an hour of us, everything else is towards Little Rock.  We do a LOT of traveling in 7-4A, I know some of the other conferences are spread out too.  Makes no sense to me.  Everything the schools and AAA are supposed to do are supposed to put kids first.

PirateFan4Life

Not whining or blaming Ashdown. Ashdown was by far the better team just saying based on their record of playing 3a teams they shouldn't be in 3 A when the AAA had them listed as a 4 A school. I believe they could have won the 4 A state also.

jay nelvin

birddawg1986

DC looked rattled the whole game. Not sure they could have beaten Osceola or Prep

Hasbeen92

Quote from: KOJACK on March 08, 2019, 11:19:34 am
Not true. By numbers they are a 4A school. They became 3A when aaa catered to the big schools and did away with 7A in basketball and spring sports.
They are 4A in football  That has 6 classifications 2A-7A  they are 3A basketball that has 6 classifications 1A-6A also but has more teams because class 1A doesn't play football I don't understand why this scenario is so mind blowing to so many people their is a enrollment  cut off for each classification regardless of the sport so what every class any team plays in that is their classification with the exception of private schools which have a multiplier but I'm not sure your ready for that explanation

HorseFeathers

Their isn't an enrollment cut off, each class has a pre determined amount of teams.

The multiplier as you are talking about on private schools hasn't existed in a while either. All private schools with an enrollment over 75 in 9-11 play up a class

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas