• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girl's 1A State Championship: Wonderview vs Rural Special

Started by J.D., March 02, 2019, 07:34:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D.

March 02, 2019, 07:34:20 pm Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 11:44:44 am by HorseFeathers
Notes, thoughts, predictions?

Best of luck!

Just gonna add some Notes to J.D's Post

Wonderview
State Champs: 2012, 2018
Runner ups: 2014, 2015, 2017

Rural Special
Runner ups 2001, 2004, 2005

BasketballNeverStops

Rural carries hot streak into next weekend, wins by 10.

BW2015

Hard to vote against Rural Special with the way they have been playing lately.  Rural by double digits over the defending champions!

87DAWG

Seasoned vets on Wonderview! Don't know either team good enough to make a prediction. Wonderview has swept the series so does the 'beat a team 3 times' difficult apply here? Especially with the way Rural is playing. Only seen Rural play 2 times. Wonderview once. Asking for a friend?

87DAWG

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: 87DAWG on March 02, 2019, 08:45:37 pm
Seasoned vets on Wonderview! Don't know either team good enough to make a prediction. Wonderview has swept the series so does the 'beat a team 3 times' difficult apply here? Especially with the way Rural is playing. Only seen Rural play 2 times. Wonderview once. Asking for a friend?
wonderview is 4 and 0 against them this year but anything can happen. Should be a great game. District 5 was a beast this year in girls

jeremiahjohnson

Bluekatz12

Score gets above 70,  Rural Special brings home the Gold!

jeremiahjohnson

Quote from: Bluekatz12 on March 02, 2019, 09:01:49 pm
Score gets above 70,  Rural Special brings home the Gold!

Are we talking combined score? I am not a Wonderview fan, but no way Rural is putting up 70 on that defense.

Batman44

I've only seen two games for each team. If Rural plays like they did these last two games, I believe they will leave with a W.

HorseFeathers

How many coaches have rings in boys and girls....I'll get the obvious one out of the way.. Hutchcraft at guy

Woodrow1

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 02, 2019, 11:22:49 pm
How many coaches have rings in boys and girls....I'll get the obvious one out of the way.. Hutchcraft at guy

Lindle Blevins. Won with boys at violet hill and with girls at mt pleasant.

arstatechamp13

I'll take Rural. Should be a great game. Hope it goes up and down.

HorseFeathers

March 03, 2019, 11:07:56 am #13 Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 11:14:54 am by HorseFeathers
Found out that Benny Harris at Bradley, and Steven Wyatt won a boys at Delta and a girls at county line

Motownsportsfan

SackAttack

Does Richey get a ring if Wonderview wins?? Serious question!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on March 03, 2019, 11:19:27 am
Does Richey get a ring if Wonderview wins?? Serious question!!

Idk, but he looked sick last night

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 03, 2019, 11:28:07 am
Idk, but he looked sick last night
Wouldnt anyone be under the same circumstances?? Serious question again!! Looking forward to gobblerfire and motownsportsfan take on that!! No polically correct responses either

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on March 03, 2019, 11:36:23 am
Wouldnt anyone be under the same circumstances?? Serious question again!! Looking forward to gobblerfire and motownsportsfan take on that!! No polically correct responses either

Idk that I would have been there in a wonderview shirt at all

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: SackAttack on March 03, 2019, 11:36:23 am
if it were up to me he would. I hope he does.

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 03, 2019, 11:45:06 am
Dont know him at all but I'm thinking he must be at his core a great human being unlike the decision makers! Hats off to him

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 03, 2019, 11:47:19 am
if it were up to me he would. I hope he does.
Then man up and express that to the powers that be!! IF Sack had a dog in the hunt Sack surely would!! Do you have a dog in the hunt??

RedWolf275

BannerMountainMan

Will for sure be pulling for Rural Special, with the way they treat coaches at Wonderview they do not deserve to win.

HorseFeathers

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 03, 2019, 11:45:06 am
Is he still working at Wonderview?

Motownsportsfan

Motownsportsfan

Did Greer's Ferry not do the same exact thing?  Remove him from coaching. I feel for coach but I also know how hard these Girls have worked to win a championship. Win lose or draw coach squires has put us in to position to have a chance. I think Cornett is an excellent coach at Concord but on the girls side I heard lots of complaints. Having 1 coach for all teams is a disservice to all involved so I expect us to hire for the girls for next year. We have underclassmen with parents on the school board so maybe they can have input on the next hire. Good luck to Rural Special. I like how hard their girls play. A fun team to watch.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 03, 2019, 02:24:25 pm
Will for sure be pulling for Rural Special, with the way they treat coaches at Wonderview they do not deserve to win.
BannerMan according Sacks sources which are usually correct not all coaches employed there are held to the greater standard of ethics and what's right!!

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: SackAttack on March 03, 2019, 03:31:18 pm
BannerMan according Sacks sources which are usually correct not all coaches employed there are held to the greater standard of ethics and what's right!!
The same could be said about surrounding coaches who have competed in our conference. I've heard some stories

Kkbrad

riccoar

Quote from: Kkbrad on March 03, 2019, 04:43:12 pm
Richey resigned. No longer employed by Wonderview.
Kinda what I was wondering since I drove by his place and saw him at his place on a school day. That's why I asked.

Turkeykiller

Wonderview by 8 . Rural Special is a very good team but i think Wonderviews defense will be  the difference .

SackAttack

Quote from: riccoar on March 03, 2019, 05:32:41 pm
Kinda what I was wondering since I drove by his place and saw him at his place on a school day. That's why I asked.
Just sad really!! But the end justifies the means in some circles!!

riccoar

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 03, 2019, 03:27:07 pm
Did Greer's Ferry not do the same exact thing?  Remove him from coaching. I feel for coach but I also know how hard these Girls have worked to win a championship.

Removed from coaching Jr. High and High School Girls ONLY.  He was still a coach of other sports.  Shane Davis received the same treatment.  Removed from Jr. High and High School Boys, but put towards other sports.  Both were still coaching and employed by Westside.  Richey finished the year and then took the WV job in the off season.

I've heard of the trumped up reason why Wonderview took the reigns from him.  Which was nothing more of an excuse by over-controlling people believing his way would not get the result they wanted, so they found a way to move him out.

Lot of people felt Richey was not the coach to take WS to a higher level as well, but he was at least allowed to coach hid team, his way, and finish his season.

Wonderview is gonna find itself in a world of difficulty finding someone to take that job in a sea of toxicity like that.

BlueBird4Life

Quote from: Woodrow1 on March 03, 2019, 09:24:40 am
Lindle Blevins. Won with boys at violet hill and with girls at mt pleasant.

The G.O.A.T.!

SackAttack

Quote from: riccoar on March 04, 2019, 07:10:38 am
Removed from coaching Jr. High and High School Girls ONLY.  He was still a coach of other sports.  Shane Davis received the same treatment.  Removed from Jr. High and High School Boys, but put towards other sports.  Both were still coaching and employed by Westside.  Richey finished the year and then took the WV job in the off season.

I've heard of the trumped up reason why Wonderview took the reigns from him.  Which was nothing more of an excuse by over-controlling people believing his way would not get the result they wanted, so they found a way to move him out.

Lot of people felt Richey was not the coach to take WS to a higher level as well, but he was at least allowed to coach hid team, his way, and finish his season.

Wonderview is gonna find itself in a world of difficulty finding someone to take that job in a sea of toxicity like that.
Sack himself speaks in Sackinese but riccoar puts this out there in plain English in the most succinct manner worthy of Hall of Fame status!! Folks Sack wants y'all to read paragraphs 2, 3, and 4 at least 83 times and let it digest before the excuses come rolling in!! Several others been steamrolled this year as well and likely to be more! Sack would be walking around with a very heavy very heavy coat on to assuage the various left field knife backside attacks! Sack has heard about karma!! Riccoar I defer to you my good man!! Sack didn't say it better riccoar said it all

Motownsportsfan

Don't know what"other sports" he was relegated too but at Wonderview we have basketball 48 weeks a year and baseball/softball 4 weeks. That's it. Y'all got bowling or something? It wasn't gonna work.Period. This game has nothing to do with Sup's vs Sup's or Principals vs Principals but 5 girls vs 5 girls on the hardwood. This team was seasoned and ready to be right where they are at. I'm gonna say Ritchie probably wouldn't approve of people re hashing this especially from folks who act like they care about his feelings.

mv_fan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 03, 2019, 02:24:25 pm
What does that have to do at all with the girls battling for the state title? Not a thing. The girls shouldn't be held accountable for anything out of their hands.

ErnestTBass

Quote from: riccoar on March 04, 2019, 07:10:38 am

So what actually happened here?? If I'm reading this right something about this whole process is fishy!! Coach was reassigned right before district under the guise of " just doing what's right"! Who hired him? Who recommended him?? Who interviewed him?? Where does the buck stop?? Did they people that recommended him interviewed him vetted him also replace him?? Is this right in our modern era?? Didnt his hiring require a school board vote?? Hmmmm

mv_fan

Our girls should have been here. Great season though.

HorseFeathers

March 04, 2019, 11:12:02 am #41 Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 01:14:05 pm by HorseFeathers
I know I've commented on it too, but let's try to keep it tame and to the game guys

riccoar

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 04, 2019, 10:40:55 am
Don't know what"other sports" he was relegated too but at Wonderview we have basketball 48 weeks a year and baseball/softball 4 weeks. That's it. Y'all got bowling or something? It wasn't gonna work.Period. This game has nothing to do with Sup's vs Sup's or Principals vs Principals but 5 girls vs 5 girls on the hardwood. This team was seasoned and ready to be right where they are at. I'm gonna say Ritchie probably wouldn't approve of people re hashing this especially from folks who act like they care about his feelings.
Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Golf, Cross Country, and Fishing.

Missco

Wow, Wonderview, sound's like a real classy school system.

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Missco on March 04, 2019, 01:10:21 pm
Wow, Wonderview, sound's like a real classy school system.
It is a very good school. Very proud my kids attend it. Now let's go get us another ring Lady Daredevils. Go Green

NewToTheLake

Wonderview wins by 8

The coaching change late in season didn't  look good for the school but has has not impacted the girls performance yet. Will be interesting to see how the people there that are used to the success handle not being as good after this season. This senior class should be the last of their dominant run.

ErnestTBass

Quote from: NewToTheLake on March 04, 2019, 07:49:09 pm
Wonderview wins by 8

The coaching change late in season didn't  look good for the school but has has not impacted the girls performance yet. Will be interesting to see how the people there that are used to the success handle not being as good after this season. This senior class should be the last of their dominant run.
Who will run them through the paces of off season when their boys coach turns his full attention to the boys program!! Off season pretty dadgum important on years when talent drops considerably!! Cue an underclass man parent comment in 3-2-1 GO

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: NewToTheLake on March 04, 2019, 07:49:09 pm
Wonderview wins by 8

man what a run it has been. 2nd to none in 1 A girls. The talent will drop off some but the girls will still be ok. The Jr class lost in championship of district to MVE by a couple in finals of jr high district. We had a 6 foot girl who played last year as a 9th grader who didn't play this year. If she comes back it will help.

HorseFeathers

If it wasn't for Nemo and an 0-fer night against Bay, we might be talking 6 titles in 8 years...

Motownsportsfan

Those Nemo girls had a whole lot of heart. Tough to beat. I think Bay caught us off guard. They were gritty too. This Rural Special group is very talented as well. I really like their team. I think this is our last year of being dominant tho. I hope I'm wrong. Coach Simon was the hardest worker I've ever seen. He practiced year around which I didn't understand but I do know. He will be missed. I think our girls program will reflect it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas