• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westside vs Pottsville

Started by WestsideFan17, February 28, 2019, 12:03:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who yall got for this matchup?

Westside
5 (22.7%)
Pottsville
4 (18.2%)
Westside 5+
5 (22.7%)
Pottsville 5+
8 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 02, 2019, 12:03:43 pm

WestsideFan17

Pick em Westside vs Pottsville. Predictions as well are welcome.

The Chosen 1

February 28, 2019, 12:05:07 pm #1 Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 12:07:06 pm by The Chosen 1
What are your thoughts about Westside vs. Pottsville??

WestsideFan17

Quote from: The Chosen 1 on February 28, 2019, 12:05:07 pm
What are your thoughts about Westside vs. Pottsville??

I think that Westside has a chance against Pottsville especially if they play how we all have seen them play in the past. If #23 can stay consistent and #35 can keep it up the good work, Westside can stay alive in this wild matchup.

Gray lizard

Should be a great game. I look for the length of Pottsville to give Westside problems.  The North has played well to this point in State. I am thinking it is a little stronger than I first thought.

Blue Racer

I know Westside has what it takes to win. But it will be a tough one just depends on how Westside matches up with Pottsville. Hoping the 3's are falling for Westside and the defense is unbreakable. Westside by 8

Gray lizard

Pottsville's length gives a lot of teams problems.  They get after it on D and do a great job covering the 3 point shooters.  They go 8 deep with out any loss of talent. I feel they are a team that can make the run.  I felt the 4-4A was down this year until I watched them sweep the North region. This make me feel Pottsville was even strong than I had thought.  Of course with all that said It is basketball and anything can happen.

J12

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 28, 2019, 01:11:25 pm
Pottsville's length gives a lot of teams problems.  They get after it on D and do a great job covering the 3 point shooters.  They go 8 deep with out any loss of talent. I feel they are a team that can make the run.  I felt the 4-4A was down this year until I watched them sweep the North region. This make me feel Pottsville was even strong than I had thought.  Of course with all that said It is basketball and anything can happen.

Pottsville and Westside matched up 2 years ago in the state tournament. Westside lost and got down 15+ points in the 2nd half before making it close late in 4th.

Unless much has changed in regards to playing styles, both should know each other well enough.

Keys are going to be Westside's ability to guard behind the arc and if Westside gets production besides Felkins and Felts.

If anyone other Warrior scores 15 or more, Westside wins.

pridgehog

February 28, 2019, 01:32:38 pm #7 Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:23:31 am by pridgehog
Pottsville by 12

J12

February 28, 2019, 03:28:05 pm #8 Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 07:10:15 pm by J12
Quote from: pridgehog on February 28, 2019, 01:32:38 pm
Pottsville will play Mills for the State Championship. I expect Pottsville to do what they did to Warren two years ago which is eat them down. Felts will have a season low.

Aware. You posted this twice.

Cough cough. 25 points. Cough.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 28, 2019, 03:28:05 pm
Aware. You posted this twice.
man, weesides not even going to get to play Mills.

beach bum

Such a great game here...

Pottsville stout defense vs. Westside's couple players who can light it up.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 28, 2019, 06:12:16 pm
man, weesides not even going to get to play Mills.

Awww. You're back. Missed ya buddy.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 28, 2019, 06:20:20 pm
Awww. You're back. Missed ya buddy.
Pottsville has some players and their coach has beaten you before. Nice run.

beach bum

That portion of the bracket with.... Pottsville vs Westside, as well as Magnolia vs Blytheville is so hard to predict. With Magnolia on its own court you even have to throw them in the mix with these other 3 teams with any of them to have a chance to make the finals. The other side of the bracket is dull compared to the competitiveness of these 4 teams being so close.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 28, 2019, 06:23:27 pm

I don't think they're a SHOE in though. We'll see.

Sigmund Sauer

Not at all convinced by Magnolia. Morrilton played very poorly compared to the other 3 times I've seen them, yet kept it close the whole game.

millsalum

Quote from: pridgehog on February 28, 2019, 01:32:38 pm
Pottsville will play Mills for the State Championship. I expect Pottsville to do what they did to Warren two years ago which is eat them down. Felts will have a season low.

A little bold, ain't it? They gotta make it past Westside FIRST, THEN, they have to make it past Blytheville/Magnolia, one of which is on their home court.

beach bum

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 28, 2019, 06:35:23 pm
Not at all convinced by Magnolia. Morrilton played very poorly compared to the other 3 times I've seen them, yet kept it close the whole game.

I was thinking the same thing. If this tourney was played anywhere else Magnolia would have been bounced in the 1st round..... They'll live and die by the other team's ability to stay poised playing them on their home court. If Magnolia's opponent can stay poised on the road they can easily beat them. If a team gets a little rattled and causes them to shoot poorly it will keep Magnolia in their games.

MR.GOMAB

Lol Keep sleeping on Magnolia....Who played poor compared to how they usually play. Didn't shoot the ball well to me..Ford could have easily scored 40 but struggled from the line tonight unusually. He and the team will be better tommorow night vs a good Blytheville team.

StevenGlen

My prediction is a fun up and down the court game.  It would not at all surprise me to see this game with scores in the 80's for both teams.  Each squad can play tough defense, shoot the 3 and run the floor.  I happen to know the Apache radio guy can talk pretty fast if he needs to, and I think he will need to in this game.

Gray lizard

Safe travel to all the Indians on the road today.  Going to be a trail of tears for some of them on the way home.  Looking forward to a great game tonight.

WestsideFan17

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 01, 2019, 09:36:03 am
Safe travel to all the Indians on the road today.  Going to be a trail of tears for some of them on the way home.  Looking forward to a great game tonight.

You talking about the Warriors?

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: WestsideFan17 on March 01, 2019, 10:15:19 am
Pretty clear he is referring to both teams. Each has a Native American based mascot. Therefore, no matter the outcome one will face a trail of tears in route back home after the game. I'll send a bill for my services here.

WestsideFan17

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on March 01, 2019, 10:20:06 am
Pretty clear he is referring to both teams. Each has a Native American based mascot. Therefore, no matter the outcome one will face a trail of tears in route back home after the game. I'll send a bill for my services here.

What's your rates?  :)

Gray lizard

Quote from: WestsideFan17 on March 01, 2019, 10:15:19 am
No It is basketball and anything can happen.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: WestsideFan17 on March 01, 2019, 10:22:14 am
What's your rates?  :)
Cheeseburgers and tacos are always acceptable forms of payment. I hear there's a good burger joint in Magnolia.  ;D

Gray lizard

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on March 01, 2019, 10:24:23 am
Cheeseburgers and tacos are always acceptable forms of payment. I hear there's a good burger joint in Magnolia.  ;D
Name of good burger joint?  I might need to eat while there.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 01, 2019, 10:26:05 am
Name of good burger joint?  I might need to eat while there.
The Flying Burger

Mr.Magnolia06

Lol what good burger joint I live in magnolia and still haven't found that burger joint

Gray lizard

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on March 01, 2019, 10:40:31 am
Lol what good burger joint I live in magnolia and still haven't found that burger joint
Is that a bad review or a directional mishap?

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on March 01, 2019, 10:40:31 am
A lot of the locals from 4-4A country have checked in at that one on social media and really talked highly of it.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on March 01, 2019, 10:44:31 am
A lot of the locals from 4-4A country have checked in at that one on social media and really talked highly of it.
That is good enough for me.

J12

YouTube link for the game. I believe this is accurate. Westside SD posted it out on Facebook.

https://youtu.be/TKXVLQnTlho

WestsideFan17

Quote from: J12 on March 01, 2019, 03:42:49 pm
YouTube link for the game. I believe this is accurate. Westside SD posted it out on Facebook.

https://youtu.be/TKXVLQnTlho

This is correct ^ watch live

J12

I'm going to go ahead and say there's going to be over 6 players fouling out in this game.  The whistles definitely work.

WestsideFan17

Quote from: J12 on March 01, 2019, 05:57:18 pm
I'm going to go ahead and say there's going to be over 6 players fouling out in this game.  The whistles definitely work.

Ain't that the truth.

Sigmund Sauer

Wow, Swartz has 5 fouls and they forgot 2 of them, he's still in! What?

J12

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on March 01, 2019, 06:35:56 pm
Wow, Swartz has 5 fouls and they forgot 2 of them, he's still in! What?

In refs defense, they've called a bunch of fouls.

WestsideFan17

WestsideFan17

Westside- 62  Pottsville- 60

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 28, 2019, 06:23:27 pm

Nice run for your boys over in 3A as well. Funny, I was ready for Osceola to shut down the high pri powered Prep train. Couldn't hold up your end of the bargain.

J12

Sigmund Sauer

Couldn't get the shots to fall in the 4th. Good luck to Westside or whoever else has to face Mills in Hot Springs!

J12

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on March 01, 2019, 07:20:30 pm
Couldn't get the shots to fall in the 4th. Good luck to Westside or whoever else has to face Mills in Hot Springs!

Thanks. Pottsville played very well as usual. Maybe McClellan can get them tomorrow night.

RedWolf275

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats Westside, great game!

Gray lizard

Good luck to Westside. They played a great game.
Shame on the score table keepers and and the refs for not assigning fouls to correct players.
Not a excuse Pottsville needed overcome and adjust to the calls. The lady that keeps.the book for Westside knows what I am referring to.

J12

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 01, 2019, 08:38:53 pm
Good luck to Westside. They played a great game.
Shame on the score table keepers and and the refs for not assigning fouls to correct players.
Not a excuse Pottsville needed overcome and adjust to the calls. The lady that keeps.the book for Westside knows what I am referring to.

It's been a little shaky tonight for magnolia. From the refs to the security there. One thing to bid it and win it, another to actually run a good tournament.

JessieP

Watched the game from start to finish, Westside had an awesome stream, very high quality. The guy with the grey hat and the enormous head was a tad annoying. Felts is all he's advertised, complete all around player. Pottsville may be the worst 3 point shooting team ever, at least tonight they were. My goodness it became hard to watch. They threw up so many airballs the bench stood and cheered when they clanked against the rim. Some may say Westside went to the foul line a lot but there is a pretty good explanation for that, they were getting clobbered in the lane. 

J12

Quote from: JessieP on March 01, 2019, 09:00:47 pm
Watched the game from start to finish, Westside had an awesome stream, very high quality. The guy with the grey hat and the enormous head was a tad annoying. Felts is all he's advertised, complete all around player. Pottsville may be the worst 3 point shooting team ever, at least tonight they were. My goodness it became hard to watch. They threw up so many airballs the bench stood and cheered when they clanked against the rim. Some may say Westside went to the foul line a lot but there is a pretty good explanation for that, they were getting clobbered in the lane.

Not here to rub it in or repeat and repeat but the quality of basketball played all around in 3/4A, East of Little Rock isn't rivaled.

You look at a team like Brookland or Valley View who didn't make it out regionals; they beat this Pottsville team by 5-10 easily.

IF Blytheville can overcome the home team tonight, all this talk is backed up with another clean sweep into the semifinals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas