• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westside vs. Star City

Started by The Chosen 1, February 25, 2019, 09:16:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog92

J12 grow up.  I didn't say the refs beat us heck we should have won the game even with us having 30+ fouls to yalls 15!! Westside is a good team!!   Now then take your pacifier out of your mouth so your mother can give you your bottle and put you to bed!!!   Night night little one!!

FoxandHound34

Y'all get a Tech for calling a timeout too??

J12

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 27, 2019, 10:53:28 pm
J12 grow up.  I didn't say the refs beat us heck we should have won the game even with us having 30+ fouls to yalls 15!! Westside is a good team!!   Now then take your pacifier out of your mouth so your mother can give you your bottle and put you to bed!!!   Night night little one!!

Thanks for the dub.

I'm old enough to remember when Johnny T actually had good teams up here in our neck of the woods.

;)

Sigmund Sauer

I'm not a fan of Westside, all I know is what I read here. I pull for the 4A-4 teams. However, before I quit watching the cluster of a broadcast, I certainly felt the calls heavily favored Star City, especially a couple possession calls that seemed obvious. Also, before I left I also saw the comments by some of the Star City fans, some were deleted by the site mods. One was prob the most classless post I've seen here and that speaks volumes. I'm sure the outspoken here surely do not represent most good folk of SC though. Here's to a great game  Friday, I'm hoping the Apaches come in with a better game plan than SC and knock Westside out of this. I can assure you if it doesn't go my way I won't be blaming the refs or their race, culture, religion, political affiliation or BMI on the outcome!  ;D

J12

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 28, 2019, 08:27:19 am
I'm not a fan of Westside, all I know is what I read here. I pull for the 4A-4 teams. However, before I quit watching the cluster of a broadcast, I certainly felt the calls heavily favored Star City, especially a couple possession calls that seemed obvious. Also, before I left I also saw the comments by some of the Star City fans, some were deleted by the site mods. One was prob the most classless post I've seen here and that speaks volumes. I'm sure the outspoken here surely do not represent most good folk of SC though. Here's to a great game  Friday, I'm hoping the Apaches come in with a better game plan than SC and knock Westside out of this. I can assure you if it doesn't go my way I won't be blaming the refs or their race, culture, religion, political affiliation or BMI on the outcome!  ;D

Good stuff here.

Last year at Brookland, you guys had a gentleman doing radio broadcast for girls and boys games. Will that be done this year and if so, is there an online feed for it?

Sigmund Sauer

J12

February 28, 2019, 09:43:43 am #56 Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 09:47:42 am by J12
Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 28, 2019, 09:24:06 am
Yeah, he does a great job. Radio stream: http://www.riverhitskwkk.com/

Thank ya. Good luck to both teams tomorrow

Bulldog92

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 28, 2019, 08:27:19 am
First of all 30+ fouls called on Star City to 15 or so called on West Side does not heavily favor Star City in no way form or fashion. In your post you said early in the game it favored us wrong again, 15 fouls to 4 at the half. I no where in my comment said that the refs lost the game for us, we didn't have a good night. I would venture to say none of you have seen us play and all of your opinions are just on what you saw last night and that's understandable. I never said we didn't foul that many times!!  What I did say Sigmund was that if you think that West Side only had four fouls worthy of being called in the first half I would love to sit down with you and watch the film with you. I have talked to a few folks from yalls area that watch plenty of basketball and asked them if they have seen the short sticky guy with the perfect hair that's struts around the court. They started laughing and telling me stories about him so it's not just Star City fans complaining.  He teched our coach up for hollering "you missed that call" and while west side was shooting the free throws the other ref told him he shouldn't have gotten a tech!!!   The calls were bad,and like I have said all year, they have been bad everywhere. Good Luck to west Side the rest of the way!! 

J12

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 28, 2019, 10:01:50 am
First of all 30+ fouls called on Star City to 15 or so called on West Side does not heavily favor Star City in no way form or fashion. In your post you said early in the game it favored us wrong again, 15 fouls to 4 at the half. I no where in my comment said that the refs lost the game for us, we didn't have a good night. I would venture to say none of you have seen us play and all of your opinions are just on what you saw last night and that's understandable. I never said we didn't foul that many times!!  What I did say Sigmund was that if you think that West Side only had four fouls worthy of being called in the first half I would love to sit down with you and watch the film with you. I have talked to a few folks from yalls area that watch plenty of basketball and asked them if they have seen the short sticky guy with the perfect hair that's struts around the court. They started laughing and telling me stories about him so it's not just Star City fans complaining.  He teched our coach up for hollering "you missed that call" and while west side was shooting the free throws the other ref told him he shouldn't have gotten a tech!!!   The calls were bad,and like I have said all year, they have been bad everywhere. Good Luck to west Side the rest of the way!!

Westside*.   One word.

Bulldog92

J12 apparently you knew who I was talking about.

J12

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 28, 2019, 11:46:01 am
J12 apparently you knew who I was talking about.

My comprehension skills are impeccable

jmc21

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 28, 2019, 10:01:50 am

It's amazing what happens the foul count when one team comes down and jacks up 3s within 5 seconds on each possession and their opposition had two guys that Star City couldn't guard with two people.

If you don't run an offense, you don't get fouls called for you. If you can't play defense, you foul more.

Also, one team played 6 guys the whole game where the other team was running in subs on every dead ball. A lack of conditioning will get you. When you get tired, you foul more. Fouling is a product of being weak minded defensively.

Bulldog92

Not sure you watched much of the game but you have the right to your opinion!!

J12

Hahah. Rumor has it Johnny T told some folks he was going to beat Westside by 30 because they didn't play defense.

Oh. The irony.

He did have a sweet blue jacket though. And inevitably when he coaches  at another school that has blue as their colors, he can reuse it.

jmc21

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 28, 2019, 04:22:19 pm
Not sure you watched much of the game but you have the right to your opinion!!

I watched the whole thing... well, when the SC fourth grade media class got the game in the camera shot, anyway.

J12

Quote from: jmc21 on February 28, 2019, 04:00:14 pm
It's amazing what happens the foul count when one team comes down and jacks up 3s within 5 seconds on each possession and their opposition had two guys that Star City couldn't guard with two people.

If you don't run an offense, you don't get fouls called for you. If you can't play defense, you foul more.

Also, one team played 6 guys the whole game where the other team was running in subs on every dead ball. A lack of conditioning will get you. When you get tired, you foul more. Fouling is a product of being weak minded defensively.

Fouling negates what? Hustle!

Bulldog92

Guys move on y'all won the first round game against a team that made it to state for the first time in six years. We never said we were anything special just a bunch a boys that worked hard under a new coach that started with them in the summer. There was plenty of hustle on both ends.
Sad thing is you arrogant egotistical fans from WestSide have not given credit one time to our boys. I have t said anything negative about your kids or you coach yet y'all get on here and want to make fun of the way the play and what our coach wore!!!  Very pitiful sportsmanship, guess that makes your school and community happy!!!  Good luck to the WestSide team maybe you can teach some of your fans a lesson!!! 

J12

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 28, 2019, 05:10:36 pm
Guys move on y'all won the first round game against a team that made it to state for the first time in six years. We never said we were anything special just a bunch a boys that worked hard under a new coach that started with them in the summer. There was plenty of hustle on both ends.
Sad thing is you arrogant egotistical fans from WestSide have not given credit one time to our boys. I have t said anything negative about your kids or you coach yet y'all get on here and want to make fun of the way the play and what our coach wore!!!  Very pitiful sportsmanship, guess that makes your school and community happy!!!  Good luck to the WestSide team maybe you can teach some of your fans a lesson!!!

I said I LIKED his jacket!

Waco

Quote from: jmc21 on February 28, 2019, 04:30:44 pm
I watched the whole thing... well, when the SC fourth grade media class got the game in the camera shot, anyway.

Clearly I should have watched Westside's broadcast of the game instead.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas