• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westside vs. Star City

Started by The Chosen 1, February 25, 2019, 09:16:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chosen 1

What are your thoughts about Westside and Star City?

J12

MR.GOMAB

At first glance I thought it would be a blowout. But after looking at a few things...This is going to be a track Meet and I agree with J12..First to 100 will win.

Former, Coach Jacobs

Two top notch teams and coaches going to battle. Westside will try to do what Westside does. Johnny T will have 4 days to prepare and he will have Star City more than ready. This has a chance to be the best first round game in Magnolia!

Blue Racer

If Westside plays like they did from first of season through mid season they will win but lately they have been very inconsistent. I'm hoping they get there mojo back. If they do look out.

J12

Quote from: Blue Racer on February 25, 2019, 11:15:29 am
If Westside plays like they did from first of season through mid season they will win but lately they have been very inconsistent. I'm hoping they get there mojo back. If they do look out.

Felkins is the key to Westside being average or a potential state championship team. Felts has been drawing double teams since the start of conference play. And you know what you're going to get from him.

What you saw Felkins do at Highland is what will have to happen moving forward to win this week.

Westside has a legit 3 point shooter with Mac and strong post play with Sharwz & Rockers.

Felkins was all state last year, so he can definitely get the job done.

Blue Racer

Quote from: J12 on February 25, 2019, 11:23:39 am
Felkins is the key to Westside being average or a potential state championship team. Felts has been drawing double teams since the start of conference play. And you know what you're going to get from him.

What you saw Felkins do at Highland is what will have to happen moving forward to win this week.

Westside has a legit 3 point shooter with Mac and strong post play with Sharwz & Rockers.

Felkins was all state last year, so he can definitely get the job done.
You are correct. Hoping Westside has 4 more wins left in their tank.

LRRandy

How many wins does Westside have in their last 5 or 6 games?

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 25, 2019, 12:24:19 pm
How many wins does Westside have in their last 5 or 6 games?

7. We beat Brookland by 30 and that counted for 4 wins.

J12

February 25, 2019, 04:45:21 pm #9 Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 04:48:45 pm by J12
I stand corrected. This game will be streamed live by Star City. So my assuming that last years games at Brookland couldn't be because of AAA was incorrect.

Westside is hosting a watch party for fans who can't attend. Elementary cafeteria.

Thank you, Star City! Thank you, AAA!

http://starcitybulldogs.com/broadcasts

Bulldog92

AAA doesn't let you do it for free so quit thanking them!!!

J12

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 25, 2019, 05:22:54 pm

Wow. Ok. Chill. 

Thanks to some people and not to all? Don't care. Glad it's being streamed.

Bulldog92

J12

February 25, 2019, 05:35:00 pm #13 Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 05:38:03 pm by J12
Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 25, 2019, 05:31:28 pm
You something else J12!!!

This is true too

All seriousness, thank you. It's much appreciated.  I'm sure AAA isn't cheap.

WestsideFan17

It ought to be a good game. Predictions anyone? My Prediction: Westside by 6. Hope Westside can gain some momentum heading into the next round.

Sports Guru

beach bum

J12

Quote from: J12 on February 25, 2019, 04:45:21 pm
I stand corrected. This game will be streamed live by Star City. So my assuming that last years games at Brookland couldn't be because of AAA was incorrect.

Westside is hosting a watch party for fans who can't attend. Elementary cafeteria.

Thank you, Star City! Thank you, AAA!

http://starcitybulldogs.com/broadcasts

You sure you paid AAA? Not working.

Sigmund Sauer

J12

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 27, 2019, 09:00:40 pm
Maybe when it starts?

It was on. Showed end of the girls game. 404 error now on the broadcast page.

Sigmund Sauer

Yeah, not working for me either then.

J12

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 25, 2019, 05:22:54 pm

Who do I thank then?

Sigmund Sauer

Sigmund Sauer

Star City running down taking stupid shots. Very undisciplined team early.

J12

Star City = no shot clock neeeed.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: J12 on February 27, 2019, 09:17:58 pm
Star City = no shot clock neeeed.
Yeah, so far they barely make it past half court before throwing up a 3 attempt. Act like the clock is under 2 seconds every time they get the ball.

J12

I'm assuming shots are going in or not. Camera folks here are a little shaky

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: J12 on February 27, 2019, 09:23:00 pm
I'm assuming shots are going in or not. Camera folks here are a little shaky
Yeah, I'm out. A live broadcast of the half court line isn't much fun to watch. Westside has this easily from what I've seen.

J12

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 27, 2019, 09:29:14 pm
Yeah, I'm out. A live broadcast of the half court line isn't much fun to watch. Westside has this easily from what I've seen.

Star City needs to ask AAA for a refund. Whoever is behind the camera can't get it last halfcourt, and it's worked about 50% of the time.

MR.GOMAB

Oh nahhhh not here man 🤦🏾‍♂️

LRRandy

HorseFeathers

SCDawgs

No, I've just seen some things over the years. Same common theme.

LRRandy

Quote from: SCDawgs on February 27, 2019, 09:56:06 pm
No, I've just seen some things over the years. Same common theme.
sounds like you've seen a lot of losing and you search for scapegoats

LRRandy

RunninJoe

Does anyone have a score update? I gave up on the live feed.

HorseFeathers

Last I seen was Westside leads 46-35 Midway thru 3rd....Jeremy Muck is updating on twitter

Frank Abagnale Jr.

54-45 basically at the end of the third. Westside up.

SCDawgs

No, LRRandy, what I've seen are teams who play a certain way the entire season, and all of a sudden, they get to state, and it gets called differently than it's been called all year long. Going back to the early '90s.  People south of Little Rock know this. Your screen name explains why you don't.
And I'm not even saying it's intentional, but it happens. 

Bulldog92

Refereeing is terrible and if anyone disagrees we can watch the film together!!! 

Frank Abagnale Jr.

10 point game with 2 min left.

SCDawgs

Bulldog92, I explained why earlier, but my post got deleted . . .
But in that same post, I gave credit to Westside, who has a heckuva good team.

Frank Abagnale Jr.

J12

J12

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 27, 2019, 10:16:54 pm
Refereeing is terrible and if anyone disagrees we can watch the film together!!!

As long as what you're trying to watch happened somewhere around halfcourt. 😂

LRRandy

Quote from: SCDawgs on February 27, 2019, 10:10:32 pm
No, LRRandy, what I've seen are teams who play a certain way the entire season, and all of a sudden, they get to state, and it gets called differently than it's been called all year long. Going back to the early '90s.  People south of Little Rock know this. Your screen name explains why you don't.
And I'm not even saying it's intentional, but it happens.
my map says Monticello is south of Little Rock. They knocked my sons team out of the final four on the way to winning a state championship. Seems that southern team was talented enough to overcome uneven refereeing. My only run in with Star City boys basketball was a game we played them at a Heber Springs holiday tournament. Most of their starters were sent home the day of our game because of using an illegal substance the night before. That's what I remember.

jmc21

LRRandy and J12 being on the same side of things was not what I expected in this thread.

J12

Quote from: jmc21 on February 27, 2019, 10:42:37 pm
LRRandy and J12 being on the same side of things was not what I expected in this thread.

He's finally coming around.

Bulldog92

I'm not taking anything g away from Westside team they are good. But when our 00 goes up for a layup and their #10 knocks his arms and the ball to his knees one on one and there is a no call. Come on guys that stuff is t even close to being funny!!  The sad thing is as bad as the refs were and as bad as we shot we still o my lost by 6. The little sawed off ref with the perfect hair is absolutely the worst ref I have seen all year. Good luck to West side the rest of the way.

J12

February 27, 2019, 10:46:31 pm #49 Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 10:48:32 pm by J12
Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 27, 2019, 10:43:54 pm
I'm not taking anything g away from Westside team they are good. But when our 00 goes up for a layup and their #10 knocks his arms and the ball to his knees one on one and there is a no call. Come on guys that stuff is t even close to being funny!!  The sad thing is as bad as the refs were and as bad as we shot we still o my lost by 6. The little sawed off ref with the perfect hair is absolutely the worst ref I have seen all year. Good luck to West side the rest of the way.

You something else Bulldog92!!!

You and an ole NEA can PM about how both of ya lost to Westside. Discuss poor officiating and such.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas