• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats Batesville.....

Started by Yellowcake, February 23, 2019, 11:03:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowcake

It was a good game. Maybe we can run 'em again in Hot Springs.

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on February 23, 2019, 11:03:52 pm
It was a good game. Maybe we can run 'em again in Hot Springs.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Livewire

Not having kept up with girls teams outside the East, who do you see challenging Batesville? Will the East dominate the tournament?

JessieP

Quote from: Livewire on February 24, 2019, 10:54:57 am
Not having kept up with girls teams outside the East, who do you see challenging Batesville? Will the East dominate the tournament?

The two names I keep hearing are Pea Ridge or Berryville.

Ball girl

Quote from: Livewire on February 24, 2019, 10:54:57 am

North is loaded. Farmington, Harrison, berryville.

Frank Abagnale Jr.

Harrison, Berryville, and Farmington could all challenge Batesville. I also think PA and Brookland have proven they can. DeQueen May be a team to sneak up on the north and east teams, but I haven't had a chance to see them play.

Bulldog92

Where can I purchase my Batesville 2019 State Champions shirt??

User870

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 24, 2019, 04:56:34 pm
Where can I purchase my Batesville 2019 State Champions shirt??

I can't get you one of those yet, but I can probably get you a regionals champion shirt if you're interested. You think I could get a Brookland third place shirt? Or maybe a Brookland first round state tourney shirt?

Bulldog92

its not hard to figure out that I'm not from Brookland!  I've got plenty of regional championship shirts folded up and put away so y'all can keep those too. Good luck to all the teams

User870

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 24, 2019, 05:44:29 pm
its not hard to figure out that I'm not from Brookland!  I've got plenty of regional championship shirts folded up and put away so y'all can keep those too. Good luck to all the teams

Ohh just a strong second team you always chime in about?

JessieP

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 24, 2019, 05:44:29 pm

It may not be hard to figure out you're not from Brookland but your infatuation with everything Batesville is perplexing. Years ago did a Pioneer girl break your heart? Did someone from Batesville cut you off in traffic? There's no way to know for sure but it is quite obvious. I have never seen one Batesville backer claim we would win it all. We may be good but we know we can be beat.

Bulldog92

I am not infatuated about Batesville just asked a few questions that seemed to have got you and coiple other Batesville fans stirred up. The only thing I have said about Batesville was about the "Stall Game" that beat y'all and  one of y'all demanded that a coach get fired for doing his job. That is the most ignorant post I have ever seen on FF but everyone has their opinion. Y'all have a safe trip down to SW Arkansas. Good luck in State!! 

Frank Abagnale Jr.

Bulldog92, do you like Star City's draw in the tournament? Pretty tough road for a one seed - even with the bye.

J12

Quote from: Frank Abagnale Jr. on February 24, 2019, 08:01:52 pm
Bulldog92, do you like Star City's draw in the tournament? Pretty tough road for a one seed - even with the bye.

Girls or boys?

Bulldog92

It's definitely a tough draw!!  Don't know much about Clarksville but they have good size and can shoot. But having Batesville and Brookland to possibly go through, yeah tough is a very good description!!  Star City is battle tested and have played some really good teams some of which are in the state tournament including PA. All of us have gotten better since the first of the year.  It is the State Tournament and what has happened up until this point you can roll down the window and throw it out it's the.  I believe There will be some really good games this week. Wish I could come watch more but my employers probably wouldn't be to happy with me, LOL!!   Here's to great games, good refereeing and safe travels!!

Frank Abagnale Jr.

February 24, 2019, 08:31:07 pm #15 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 08:34:02 pm by Frank Abagnale Jr.
Quote from: J12 on February 24, 2019, 08:12:40 pm
Girls or boys?

I was talking about girls - my apologies. I thought he/she would know since Batesville was brought up. But since you asked, do you think Westside has an easy two seed in Star City?

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 24, 2019, 08:15:45 pm
It's definitely a tough draw!!  Don't know much about Clarksville but they have good size and can shoot. But having Batesville and Brookland to possibly go through, yeah tough is a very good description!!  Star City is battle tested and have played some really good teams some of which are in the state tournament including PA. All of us have gotten better since the first of the year.  It is the State Tournament and what has happened up until this point you can roll down the window and throw it out it's the.  I believe There will be some really good games this week. Wish I could come watch more but my employers probably wouldn't be to happy with me, LOL!!   Here's to great games, good refereeing and safe travels!!

That's very true. I believe there are about 5/6 teams that can win it all on the girls side and it won't be a surprise if they do. It's not like 1A and everyone knows ICC boys will roll through everyone. Even 2A girls with Melbourne might not be too interesting. But we play the games for a reason!

87DAWG

February 25, 2019, 12:15:00 am #16 Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 12:17:47 am by 87DAWG
Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 11:13:23 am
The two names I keep hearing are Pea Ridge or Berryville.
[/qu

Clarksville beat Pea Ridge and has their spot!

JacketFan

Quote from: Frank Abagnale Jr. on February 24, 2019, 04:46:29 pm
Harrison, Berryville, and Farmington could all challenge Batesville. I also think PA and Brookland have proven they can. DeQueen May be a team to sneak up on the north and east teams, but I haven't had a chance to see them play.
I watched the PA girls team twice this year, and they are really good, they will kill you from the 3 point line if they are left uncontested out there, good luck to all teams.

casper07

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 06:05:37 pm
It may not be hard to figure out you're not from Brookland but your infatuation with everything Batesville is perplexing. Years ago did a Pioneer girl break your heart? Did someone from Batesville cut you off in traffic? There's no way to know for sure but it is quite obvious. I have never seen one Batesville backer claim we would win it all. We may be good but we know we can be beat.
i messed with a girl from batesville once. Wasn't all that impressed. Neat town though. I like that hill where you can see the whole town and go down this hilly curve into the city. Mark Martin is from there right?

HogCall11

I cannot wait to watch the Farmington/Batesville game. I think they play the same tempo. Should be interesting to see who comes up with the Win. Both teams have lots of talent.

JessieP

Quote from: casper07 on February 25, 2019, 12:39:53 pm
i messed with a girl from batesville once. Wasn't all that impressed. Neat town though. I like that hill where you can see the whole town and go down this hilly curve into the city. Mark Martin is from there right?

That's Ramsey Mountain and yes, Mark Martin is from Batesville. Mark Martin, Rick Monday and Ryan Mallett are all from Batesville although Mallett moved out young. But our real claim to fame the real jewel in our crown is the Batesville Ramada. It's there that a couple books have alleged Hillary Clinton would meet Vince Foster for trysts. If we have to live with that visual in our heads so do you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas