• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not a fan of the 4A team dropping down to 3A per AAA Classifications.

Started by WarriorFan, February 23, 2019, 09:00:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

birddawg1986

Quote from: ZoneBuster on February 23, 2019, 11:22:36 pm
There's not enough private schools to warrant them being their own class. As far as 4A teams dropping down, it doesn't seem that there are that many making a difference. Baptist has been up and down these past few years.
Private schools have no place in AAA championship events. They can travel out of state like W Memphis Christian does. I don't have issues with schools dropping and like one poster stated with more 2A schools dropping football or playing 8 man in the next few years it's going to get wild

54Bearkatz2014

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 03, 2019, 10:43:36 am
Private schools have no place in AAA championship events. They can travel out of state like W Memphis Christian does. I don't have issues with schools dropping and like one poster stated with more 2A schools dropping football or playing 8 man in the next few years it's going to get wild

Any schools can play out of state opponents. That's not just a private school thing.

HorseFeathers

Maybe we can kick out public's that abuse school choice as well 🤷

Ctucker

I haven't looked at the girls brackets but on the boys side there is not 1 private school in the finals so what's the big problem! Don't see a lot of dominating by private schools if they are cheating they are not very good at it!

ozarkmtnsman

There are some private schools that do a little recruiting as well as some public schools.
Always have always will. More often or not it's the Dad that moves little Johnny or Susie to a school (public and private) so that they may have the chance to win a championship.  We have school choice in Arkansas.  Any Dad can have their son attending ICC next school year if they so choose. 

Ctucker

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on March 03, 2019, 12:19:43 pm
There are some private schools that do a little recruiting as well as some public schools.
Always have always will. More often or not it's the Dad that moves little Johnny or Susie to a school (public and private) so that they may have the chance to win a championship.  We have school choice in Arkansas.  Any Dad can have their son attending ICC next school year if they so choose. 
. I think even with school choice I'd you don't make legit move you have to sit a year don't see many kids willing to do that!

SouthpawSensation

Note to this poster ... West Memphis Christian isn't a AAA member. Therefore, it doesn't have to abide by AAA guidelines.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on March 03, 2019, 01:22:26 pm
Note to this poster ... West Memphis Christian isn't a AAA member. Therefore, it doesn't have to abide by AAA guidelines.

I think he's advocating just booting all the private schools out of AAA

2fe

Private schools have no place in AAA championship events. They can travel out of state like W Memphis Christian does.

That's some Grade A fact checking on your part.  There were literally 3 public schools playing a baseball tournament in Louisiana this past weekend.

birddawg1986

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on March 03, 2019, 01:22:26 pm
None of the private schools should be AAA members.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 03, 2019, 02:12:43 pm
None of the private schools should be AAA members.

Why? If you say recruiting, then we have to boot out half the public schools 🤷 To much success? We have to boot out more public schools 🤦

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 03, 2019, 02:16:16 pm
Why? If you say recruiting, then we have to boot out half the public schools 🤷 To much success? We have to boot out more public schools 🤦

Just BECAUSE!  ;)

Arkiesoccer

Quote from: 2fe on March 03, 2019, 02:12:04 pm
That's some Grade A fact checking on your part.  There were literally 3 public schools playing a baseball tournament in Louisiana this past weekend.

Pine Bluff football teams of the 90s played a home and home with Neville, LA.  Not like public school teams going out of state is anything new.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas