• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reional semifinals

Started by yesteryearman, February 22, 2019, 10:40:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yesteryearman

Which #1 seeds will lose in the semifinals?    I predict:

In girls, St Paul, Mammoth Spring and in boys Hilcrest and Timbo......

The best finals games......

Girls.....Viola/Norfork, Wonderview/MTVE,

Boys....Cty Line/Jasper, Kirby/Nevada

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

Seems like everyone is super sure that Kirby is going to beat Dermott from reading the threads... that is fine to me but why? Lets not forget Dermott's 25 ish win streak. are there injuries or issues I am not aware of?

yesteryearman

Quote from: Jackmerius Tacktheratrix on February 22, 2019, 10:44:15 am
Seems like everyone is super sure that Kirby is going to beat Dermott from reading the threads... that is fine to me but why? Lets not forget Dermott's 25 ish win streak. are there injuries or issues I am not aware of?

For some reason Dermott is just not playing as well as they were earlier.........they may have peaked early or the level of competition is certainly better lately.......Kirby, as always, is extrememly well coached and can hit three's from everywhere......I really see them beating Dermott by 10 or so.......Kirby will have the crowd and when they starting raining in three's I'm just not sure if Dermott will have the heart to stay with it......that's the way I see it.   Right now Nevada is playing better than Dermott.....

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

Okay, just wondering. That is highly disappointing considering they were considered to be ICC's best competition for most of the season.  :(

yesteryearman

Quote from: Jackmerius Tacktheratrix on February 22, 2019, 11:09:39 am
Okay, just wondering. That is highly disappointing considering they were considered to be ICC's best competition for most of the season.  :(

I said in an earlier thread, month or so ago that  I thought Kirby could actually give ICC a better game than Dermott or Nevada.  I kind of got off of that when Dermott was playing really well, and Nevada's sophomores really starting coming on.  But after watching Dermott vs Nevada in district and seeing Kirby in regionals, I'm back on Kirby again.   Just too well coached, such good shooters, Dermott not playing as well and Nevada's sophomores might start playing like Sophs again......But all three are really close, don't discount Bradley......at end of the day 99% chance that ICC will get the trophy.

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 22, 2019, 11:22:01 am
I said in an earlier thread, month or so ago that  I thought Kirby could actually give ICC a better game than Dermott or Nevada.  I kind of got off of that when Dermott was playing really well, and Nevada's sophomores really starting coming on.  But after watching Dermott vs Nevada in district and seeing Kirby in regionals, I'm back on Kirby again.   Just too well coached, such good shooters, Dermott not playing as well and Nevada's sophomores might start playing like Sophs again......But all three are really close, don't discount Bradley......at end of the day 99% chance that ICC will get the trophy.

So in your opinion
1. ICC (not even close)
2. Kirby
3. Nevada
4. Dermott
5. The rest of the field

Is that accurate?

D6Bound

I'd wait until after the game before I threw Dermott under the bus.

yesteryearman

Quote from: D6Bound on February 22, 2019, 11:56:34 am
I'd wait until after the game before I threw Dermott under the bus.

Just saying that right now I think Kirby will beat Dermott.  Even if that happens Dermott won't be "under the bus".  They will be in it on their way to Brockwell.....and then, anything can happen.  Dermott could get it back together, tonight, or up there and make a run to the finals.   Who will be fodder for ICC is wide open, especially, in my opinion, among Dermott, Kirby, Nevada........the rest of the field probably feels differently....it will play out on the court.  Just right now, today, I think Kirby will outshoot Dermott to get to the regional finals.  If they met again somehow at state, it could be different.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Jackmerius Tacktheratrix on February 22, 2019, 11:39:49 am
So in your opinion
1. ICC (not even close)
2. Kirby
3. Nevada
4. Dermott
5. The rest of the field

Is that accurate?

Yep, right now......could change on a dime among 2, 3, 4 though

Woodrow1

February 22, 2019, 02:12:47 pm #9 Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:16:36 pm by Woodrow1
Quote from: yesteryearman on February 22, 2019, 12:16:44 pm
Yep, right now......could change on a dime among 2, 3, 4 though

I'll guarantee you there are teams from region 2 and 3 that are in the top 2-5 spots. 

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 22, 2019, 02:12:47 pm
I'll guarantee you there are teams from region 2 and 3 that are in the top 2-5 spots. 
It's fine that you think that, but I don't think you could make a case for multiple "teams," ... maybe one team. Also it is very likely that County Line is deserving of the 5 spot but we shall see.

BlueBird4Life

Quote from: Jackmerius Tacktheratrix on February 22, 2019, 02:28:29 pm
It's fine that you think that, but I don't think you could make a case for multiple "teams," ... maybe one team. Also it is very likely that County Line is deserving of the 5 spot but we shall see.

Timbo, MVE, Concord, Western Grove, Calico Rock, and Hillcrest are all gonna be a tough matchup for anyone except ICC.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas