• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LR Mills vs. JB Westside

Started by millsalum, February 21, 2019, 09:22:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

millsalum

Mills has played one of the toughest schedules in the state of Arkansas. They come into this game with a record of 24-4. They're led by seniors Kevin Cross, Branton McCrary, and Orion Virden. They play an up-tempo, run and gun style of ball that leaves the opposition in the dust.

Westside comes in with a 21-5 record, led by senior Avery Felts, an ASU signee. They've played a respectable schedule as well. I don't know what type of ball they play, but it's obviously been working pretty well for them.

If Westside wants to win, they have to stop Cross, McCrary, and Virden. No way around that. Any one of those kids can take over a game in a heartbeat. They also have to slow the game down. Mills is not the team you wanna have a scoring fest with, because they can make you look silly.

If Mills wants to win, it looks like they have to make Westside play through players not named Felts and Felkins. Those two accounted for 49 of 68 points against E-STEM. They also have to limit three point shots from the Warriors. That hurt them on Wednesday night, as they let Brookland drain 12 shots from beyond the arc.

I'm interested to see who (if anybody else) steps up for Westside, and I'm interested to see how Mills will bottle up Avery Felts.

Looking forward to a great, injury free contest from both squads!

NEA Razorback olfan

Blue Racer

What are you drinking? It could happen anybody can be beat I just don't think it will be by 30 I will take a 1 point win.

Gray lizard

NEA Razorback olfan

JessieP

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 22, 2019, 08:43:22 am
Mills can't guard Felts

Really? Southside did, Brookland did, Nettleton did. Felts is a great player make no mistake but maybe we should pump the breaks a tad. He was recruited by ASU, that's an incredible honor but it's not exactly Duke now is it? 90% of Westside's offense is 2 players. A good balanced team can overcome 2 players. It will be a great game and Westside is probably a slight favorite but face it, if Felts tried to walk across water he would get wet.

Frank Abagnale Jr.

Mills by 8. Westside just doesn't have what it takes this year.

Frank Abagnale Jr.

Quote from: JessieP on February 22, 2019, 09:21:59 am
Really? Southside did, Brookland did, Nettleton did. Felts is a great player make no mistake but maybe we should pump the breaks a tad. He was recruited by ASU, that's an incredible honor but it's not exactly Duke now is it? 90% of Westside's offense is 2 players. A good balanced team can overcome 2 players. It will be a great game and Westside is probably a slight favorite but face it, if Felts tried to walk across water he would get wet.

Going out on a limb here and saying NEA was being facetious. Seems like he and that J12 kid don't get along and I'm sure it's a shot at him - as was his 30+point win prediction.

LRRandy

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 22, 2019, 08:43:22 am
Mills can't guard Felts
I know that you are just trolling but as talented as #10 is he can be stopped. Don't let him get to the basket. Baptist Prep held him to a season low last year by playing a zone that focused on keeping him from penetrating. He is very quick with the ball and finishes well at the rim. Keep him from driving and getting to the foul line and live with his three point shooting percentage. That's how you stop him.

User870

Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2019, 09:38:37 am
I know that you are just trolling but as talented as #10 is he can be stopped. Don't let him get to the basket. Baptist Prep held him to a season low last year by playing a zone that focused on keeping him from penetrating. He is very quick with the ball and finishes well at the rim. Keep him from driving and getting to the foul line and live with his three point shooting percentage. That's how you stop him.

Yeah but J12 will say you guys got lucky or cheated or something. Cus Westside is the best. Even thought Southside and brookland beat them this year.

RedWolf275

J12

Quote from: User870 on February 22, 2019, 10:06:33 am
Yeah but J12 will say you guys got lucky or cheated or something. Cus Westside is the best. Even thought Southside and brookland beat them this year.

Right. Took a lot of cheating to mercy rule Brookland again.

Hope this is a good game. Westside has a tall task ahead of them. More than anything it should let you know how they stack up with the "best". Pressure should be off for both teams now.

Good luck to all.

Bulldog92

Quote from: Frank Abagnale Jr. on February 22, 2019, 09:23:43 am
Going out on a limb here and saying NEA was being facetious. Seems like he and that J12 kid don't get along and I'm sure it's a shot at him - as was his 30+point win prediction.
Amazing that you picked up J12 being a kid!  Thatygood stuff right there, LOL!!!

Livewire

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 22, 2019, 08:19:49 am
Westside by 30 +

Wasn't that the point spread for the last Westside/Brookland game?

LRRandy

Quote from: Livewire on February 22, 2019, 11:02:31 am
Wasn't that the point spread for the last Westside/Brookland game?
OUCH. That had to sting.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2019, 11:19:37 am
OUCH. That had to sting.
Not as much as having that 3 yr home winning streak snapped by your rival!!

Livewire

Mills is extremely talented but Brookland certainly found a way to pressure them with the barrage of 3 pointers. Westside is capable of hitting 3's as well! Everyone touts Felts/Felkins, and rightly so, but Kessler Mack is also a legitimate 3 point shooter, as is Adonis Thomas coming off the bench. Swartz and Rocker staying out of foul trouble will be key and will be a difficult task with Cross and company.
Looks like a couple great games tonight! I wouldn't be surprised if these 4  don't play each other again in a couple weeks.
Good luck to all the 4a-3
Go Warriors!

WestsideFan17

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 22, 2019, 12:07:18 pm

Mercy Rule... but it'll be a good game though boys.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: WestsideFan17 on February 22, 2019, 12:26:23 pm
Mercy Rule... but it'll be a good game though boys.
Westside is going to mercy rule Mills?

WestsideFan17

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 22, 2019, 12:28:49 pm
Westside is going to mercy rule Mills?

No, Westside Mercy Ruled Brookland... again. Not my prediction for Mills game.

WestsideFan17

My prediction is Westside by 2.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: WestsideFan17 on February 22, 2019, 12:33:19 pm
My prediction is Westside by 2.
Don't tell J12 , but I hope Westside pulls it out, I always root for our local teams, Westside included.

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 22, 2019, 12:44:37 pm
Don't tell J12 , but I hope Westside pulls it out, I always root for our local teams, Westside included.

Thanks. But our bandwagon is full.

millsalum

Does anybody mind offering insight on how Westside beat Brookland so badly last week? Strange, seeing how they split in the regular season...

Blue Racer

It was one of those nights that everything went great for Westside and bad for Brookland. It looked like Brookland got rattled early and never recovered.

LRRandy

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 22, 2019, 12:07:18 pm
I don't know. Some teams are going to state and some teams.....well.......are not

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2019, 02:01:08 pm
I don't know. Some teams are going to state and some teams.....well.......are not

That is true , your boys and our Girls
Along with Blytheville, boys
Batesville, and Highland girls
The 4A-3 is well represented!

cannon

Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2019, 02:01:08 pm

EASY!!!!  I'm just finishing my social sensivity therapy over getting voted off the island last night. I haven't even started my grief counseling over the fact that our boys sucked it up in the second half and blew their ticket to state because I wasn't there to bring it home from the stands.

Too soon, bro.

J12

Quote from: cannon on February 22, 2019, 02:26:20 pm
EASY!!!!  I'm just finishing my social sensivity therapy over getting voted off the island last night. I haven't even started my grief counseling over the fact that our boys sucked it up in the second half and blew their ticket to state because I wasn't there to bring it home from the stands.

Too soon, bro.

You need to mention in your email to AAA, that their actions directly resulted in outcome of the contest. Cite emotional distress and overall gross negligence exhibited. I'll co-sign if ya want.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on February 22, 2019, 02:26:20 pm

Too soon, bro.

First round is on me Cannon!!

cannon

Quote from: J12 on February 22, 2019, 02:37:05 pm
You need to mention in your email to AAA, that their actions directly resulted in outcome of the contest. Cite emotional distress and overall gross negligence exhibited. I'll co-sign if ya want.

Wait a minute!  Intentional infliction of emotional distress and a logical nexus between gross negligence and ascertainable damages . . . forget the letter, I smell the makings of a class action lawsuit. I could have Valley View declared default state champs by a court of competent jurisdiction. That'll show em.

J12

Quote from: cannon on February 22, 2019, 03:27:07 pm
Wait a minute!  Intentional infliction of emotional distress and a logical nexus between gross negligence and ascertainable damages . . . forget the letter, I smell the makings of a class action lawsuit. I could have Valley View declared default state champs by a court of competent jurisdiction. That'll show em.

Whoa whoa. Runner up at best.

millsalum

NEA Razorback olfan

February 22, 2019, 06:39:56 pm #33 Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 07:46:02 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: millsalum on February 22, 2019, 06:23:41 pm
This one is aging pretty well  ;)

Westside fought back

millsalum

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 22, 2019, 06:39:56 pm
Westside fought back

Indeed they did. Made it close at the end, but Mills came out on top.

The Comets set the tone early on, and it benefited them in a big way. A 19 point first quarter is way better than the 6 point first quarter we had on Wednesday.

Felts and Felkins did what was expected of them. Westside will be a tough 3/4 seed. Wouldn't be surprised if the Comets and the Warriors meet again next week in Magnolia, or in Hot Springs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas