• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over all State Champion

Started by Gray lizard, February 20, 2019, 10:09:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

It has not been played in several years.  I think Dardanelle girls were the last team to win it.  What was the reason to end it?  Would anyone like to see it come back?

54Bearkatz2014

I wish they would as much basketball as kids play now a days, they would like the exposure. Not to mention Arkansas has been trying to up their competitve level and I think this would help big time! What would be really awesome to see is to take the runner up and winner from each division, since there are only 6 classifications now, and do a tournament! It's be great to see some possible rematches. I know it kinda goes against overall state champ. But you could call it something different, such as champions league tournament? It would create a lot of very competitive matchups that normally wouldn't meet.

athletic supporter

1992 was the last year. They ended it because it meant all but one team ended their season with a loss. I would LOVE to see it return

sevenof400

Quote from: athletic supporter on February 20, 2019, 04:32:42 pm
1992 was the last year. They ended it because it meant all but one team ended their season with a loss. I would LOVE to see it return

It is long overdue to bring back the overall championship.

Lumberjackfan1978

Gray lizard

I feel it is the one team sport that the small school can pull the upset over the large school. Not going to happen often but it can happen.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 21, 2019, 08:00:52 am
I feel it is the one team sport that the small school can pull the upset over the large school. Not going to happen often but it can happen.
I agree it can happen

Radiotalker

Gray lizard

beach bum

Bring it back... Strange things can happen in basketball in a one game scenario. Heck, remember that year Clarendon beat the 5A and 6A state champ only to be bounced in the 1st round of 2A state. It sure would create a crazy storyline at least every few years you would think.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas