• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Central Region @ Quitman

Started by spursfan, February 17, 2019, 04:35:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigger

Rackjack74

Pangburn by 12 ish on a melee of technical fouls... :o

STATGUYQHS

Regional Semifinals 2/22/2019
4:00 Girls
Bigelow
England

5:30 Boys
England
White County Central

7:00 Girls
Quitman
Poyen

8:30 Boys
Quitman
Pangburn

Good Luck to all!

Go Bulldogs!

keohog

England Girls lost by 3. England Boys up 35-24 at half.

keohog

keohog

Rackjack74

Ctucker

Congrats England! Sorry it's late just got home didn't have phone!

Rackjack74

HoopKing

Does he always press other teams with the clock running?  His best player was still out there at the final buzzer.  I know it's postseason basketball but they are kids he does that to

Ctucker

Quote from: HoopKing on February 22, 2019, 08:29:10 pm
Does he always press other teams with the clock running?  His best player was still out there at the final buzzer.  I know it's postseason basketball but they are kids he does that to
Tournament time put on your big boy pants!

HoopKing

It's called class!  We all know he is a great coach with a great team but sometimes enough is enough.  They are kids. It's high school.  Not college or NBA.  That's my only point.  Why embarrass kids.  There is absolutely no justification for that. I don't have a dog in the fight.  With that being said. Go Bigelow!

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Ctucker on February 22, 2019, 08:35:16 pm
Tournament time put on your big boy pants!

Or just leave them out there to increase chance of injury, burn their legs more, etc. I'm all for pouring it on teams, but once that clock starts running in the 4th back off. What more do you have to prove at that point?

HoopKing

Rackjack74

Ctucker

Wow y'all our sensitive! I wouldn't worry about what he does with his team that's his responsibility not yalls and before anybody says anything no I'm not from Quitman I'm from WCC !

YSpanther

February 22, 2019, 09:10:35 pm #66 Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 09:14:55 pm by YSpanther
Quote from: HoopKing on February 22, 2019, 08:29:10 pm
Cobra Kai shows no mercy.  yes, sensei.

Rackjack74

Question...is it classy to come into someone else's house and haul off and knock the fire out of a scorers table, that cost thousands, yelling and screaming at a fellow coach?  Then refuse to shake his hand after the game because you lost?  The press was stopped when the subs came in. I'm curious and beginning to believe that we're looking at different definitions of class here.

Ctucker

Quote from: Rackjack74 on February 22, 2019, 09:22:47 pm
Question...is it classy to come into someone else's house and haul off and knock the fire out of a scorers table, that cost thousands, yelling and screaming at a fellow coach?  Then refuse to shake his hand after the game because you lost?  The press was stopped when the subs came in. I'm curious and beginning to believe that we're looking at different definitions of class here.
I would say no and i hope it wasn't our school

TheBaldingEagle

Quote from: Rackjack74 on February 22, 2019, 09:22:47 pm

Who did this? Poyen coach? Or issue from some previous matchup?

YSpanther

Quote from: TheBaldingEagle on February 22, 2019, 09:39:22 pm
Who did this? Poyen coach? Or issue from some previous matchup?
Yes, inquiring minds are curious

Rackjack74

That will be him...everyone seems to have missed that whole episode.

Rackjack74

TheBaldingEagle

Quote from: YSpanther on February 22, 2019, 09:41:13 pm
Yes, inquiring minds are curious

I didn't get to attend tonight.  I saw the fiasco at the end of the cms pangburn game.  Just wondering if things got fun again tonight?  Any more details on what happened and why?

mrknowitall

Quitman's coach continued to press when poyen subbed. If you didn't see that then you weren't watching. Poyen's coach slapped the top of the scorers table to get the coaches attention. Pretty sure Quitman did the same thing to Carlisle earlier in the week! If you want to call "bad sportsmanship" look at your coach Quitman! Not saying it's his job to call the dogs off, but don't be a jerk and then want the opposing coach to come shake your hand! You make your bed, lay in it! By the way,

BW2015

Quote from: mrknowitall on February 22, 2019, 10:01:14 pm
Quitman's coach continued to press when poyen subbed. If you didn't see that then you weren't watching. Poyen's coach slapped the top of the scorers table to get the coaches attention. Pretty sure Quitman did the same thing to Carlisle earlier in the week! If you want to call "bad sportsmanship" look at your coach Quitman! Not saying it's his job to call the dogs off, but don't be a jerk and then want the opposing coach to come shake your hand! You make your bed, lay in it! By the way,

🏆 Here's your participation trophy.  Sorry but I thought this was high school regional tournament and not a peewee game where we had to let everyone play and score! 🙄

Cheek

Coach Hooten is trying to get back to Hot Springs.  They are playing well, and I am sure he does not want to take his foot off the gas. I have watched his teams over the years and they don't have slow down in their play book.  I am just glad we don't have to play them tomorrow.

Cheek

Quote from: BW2015 on February 22, 2019, 10:12:29 pm
🏆 Here's your participation trophy.  Sorry but I thought this was high school regional tournament and not a peewee game where we had to let everyone play and score! 🙄

It  is Carlisle posters and not Poyen who started complaining about the  Quitman Coach.

mrknowitall

Read my post. I didn't say he should let up, or definelty didn't say anyone needed a participation trophy...i simply said you aren't gonna get many hand shakes from the opposing coach when you do that!

Rackjack74

He hit the front of the scorers table that is a huge LCD display that you can program to scroll anything across, and was yelling very rude statements at the opposing coach. In basketball the losing coach always controls when the subs go in. The press was backed off when the subs were put in. If he wanted the heat off earlier then he should have hollered "uncle" quicker. If you wait till a running clock then you'll be pressed till then. All I'm saying is it's hypocritical to call the one out and overlook the other.

STATGUYQHS

2/23/19 Championship Saturday

Consolation Games
12:00-England VS Poyen (G)
1:30-WCC VS Quitman (B)

Championship Games
6:00-Bigelow VS Quitman (G)
7:30-England VS Pangburn (B)

LeftyWorld

Any chance for a live stream of the championship games?

STATGUYQHS

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: LeftyWorld on February 23, 2019, 11:37:36 am
Any chance for a live stream of the championship games?
only ones for sure are the Quitman teams on lakeareasports.com

STATGUYQHS

STATGUYQHS

STATGUYQHS

End of 1st Qtr Boys
White County 19
Quitman 7

STATGUYQHS

Halftime Boys
White County 29
Quitman 19

STATGUYQHS

End of 3rd
White County 40
Quitman 28

STATGUYQHS

FInal Boys
White County 58
Quitman 46

HoopKing

Why is quitman the home team?  This is a AAA postseason tournament not a home game.   If you are hosting a tournament do it right.  They should be in the visiting locker room , visiting bench and black uniforms.  Bigelow is in the top of the bracket.

old.dole

STATGUYQHS

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: HoopKing on February 23, 2019, 06:03:17 pm
Why is quitman the home team?  This is a AAA postseason tournament not a home game.   If you are hosting a tournament do it right.  They should be in the visiting locker room , visiting bench and black uniforms.  Bigelow is in the top of the bracket.

Doesn't the team that presses until the end of the game even when winning by 30 get the home locker room?   

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: HoopKing on February 23, 2019, 06:03:17 pm
Last time I checked you win a basketball game on the court not which dressing room your in.

STATGUYQHS

Halftime Girls
Quitman 17
Bigelow  15

STATGUYQHS

Ctucker

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 23, 2019, 06:22:33 pm
Doesn't the team that presses until the end of the game even when winning by 30 get the home locker room?   
does it matter it ain't like they get last at bat!lol

STATGUYQHS

BW2015

Quote from: Ctucker on February 23, 2019, 07:06:31 pm
does it matter it ain't like they get last at bat!lol

Exactly what I was thinking! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas