• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A South Regional @ Mena

Started by ~WPS~, February 16, 2019, 08:36:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatdane6

The Great One: And I think you maybe right On Bauxite Vs A Monticello team that really doesn't play to their Potential trying to run a Offense instead of unleashing their real talent. It can be Boring to Watch a team that Struggles in the Half Court And Steady trying to run a half court set!!!!. If Bauxite can keep them as a Stand-Still Offense And They make this So Call Great Coach to burn Quick timeouts  then They have a Great Chance. (And Bauxite maybe the Only Team to Come Out if there 7-4A. Cuz I hate doing this But Camden Winning their Game.

The Great One

The Great One

Mr.Magnolia06

Ford dropped 23 in a 62-46 win over mena

Bearcat45

Congrats to Magnolia. They are very talented and should win the region and do well at State especially playing at their house.  Good luck the rest of the way.

GO BEARCATS!!! Great season for you guys. Hated to see it end.

Mr.Magnolia06

Mena is a very  good team it was a treat to get to see them in person best 3 point team I have seen all year

Bearcat45

Wish this game would have happened on Saturday night though. 😟

wait4it

Bulldog92

Quote from: Bearcat45 on February 18, 2019, 05:25:46 pm
I really wish the refs were on Mena's side.  That is the most ridiculous thing Ive seen on here and ive now seen that several times, so obviousy you guys that think that have not ever come to watch a game in Mena.  The refs are terrible all over the place and its no different here. The refs are sent to us so there is not any home cooking. There was a female ref that was reffing the bauxite game at Bauxite and she had no clue what she was doing and geez she was here reffing one of the district games last week.  HORRIBLE so I can promise you there is no home cooking going on over here in Mena like a few ppl seem too think.  Lets hope the refs Wednesday night are good and they call a good game.

I thought the refs during the two Star City games tonight called a fairly even ballgame. They let both sides play ball!!  Hope it stays that way through Saturday!!  None of the refs seemed to want to be seen they just did their job. Y'all don't know how hard it was for me to type this post, LOL!!!  I'm usually beating them up,😂!!!

Bearcat45

I agree I watched all the games and the officiating was the best I have seen all season.  Its a lot more fun when you feel as if they want to call a fair game and know what theyre doing out there.

MR.GOMAB

Great game last night vs a really good shooting Mena team. I was there and the atmosphere was great! #2 for Mena started off on the bench to start the game and had 14 points in the first 2 quarters. Ford was the primary defender on him the entire game and held him to one point after halftime. #1 for Mena was good as well. Ford finished the night with 23 points, 4 rebs and 2 assist. Roach had 13 and Garland had 11 (missed two quarters due to foul trouble). Great game overall for the Panthers!

Waiting on the winner of Bauxite and Monticello?

Who has the best chance at winning? What does Bauxite have?

Bearcat45

I agree it was a great game great atmosphere. Magnolia was tough but #2 Harvey actually was 3 for 5 in the first half with 8 points (2 threes) and 2 for 11 in the second half with 6 poonts (2 threes) and had plenty of good looks with whomever was guarding him but just couldnt get them too fall.  I dont know that it was as much the defense as it was him missing the shots.  If you were at the game you had to of seen that. Taking nothing away from the Ford kid but Harvey missing shots didnt have anything to do with Fords defense it was more of him just not hitting the shots when he normally is knocking them down with anyone in his face.  He has been chased all season whether man on man or being boxed and he still knocked them down, but last night just wasnt his night. 

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Bearcat45 on February 21, 2019, 10:04:12 am
I agree it was a great game great atmosphere. Magnolia was tough but #2 Harvey actually was 3 for 5 in the first half with 8 points (2 threes) and 2 for 11 in the second half with 6 poonts (2 threes) and had plenty of good looks with whomever was guarding him but just couldnt get them too fall.  I dont know that it was as much the defense as it was him missing the shots.  If you were at the game you had to of seen that. Taking nothing away from the Ford kid but Harvey missing shots didnt have anything to do with Fords defense it was more of him just not hitting the shots when he normally is knocking them down with anyone in his face.  He has been chased all season whether man on man or being boxed and he still knocked them down, but last night just wasnt his night.

Yes I do stand corrected he did score 6 after halftime.

wait4it

Whoa that Magnolia team may be foreal. Handles Mena in their floors by 16. Who ever plays them next better be ready. Magnolia makes deep run. Mark it down.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: wait4it on February 21, 2019, 02:22:22 pm
Whoa that Magnolia team may be foreal. Handles Mena in their floors by 16. Who ever plays them next better be ready. Magnolia makes deep run. Mark it down.

Praying for a healthy deep run!!! We play the winner of Bauxite and Conference foe Monticello on tomorrow night. Whomever is may be they will be ready. State Tourney will be fun at home!!

Mr.Magnolia06

My thoughts,, I think all the 4A-8 boys going to make it to the state tournament in this order
#1 magnolia
#2star city
#3monticello
#4Camden

Once again my thoughts, anything can happen

~WPS~

Girls

Warren 18
Bauxite 12

Halftime

~WPS~

~WPS~

Boys

Fairview 16
Arkadelphia 4

End 1st

~WPS~

Boys

Fairview 32
Arkadelphia 20

Halftime

Mr.Magnolia06

~WPS~

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 21, 2019, 06:36:37 pm
Fairview 53-36, 5 min left

Wow...Looking like a all 8-4A semi finals..Depending in the Cello and Baucite game tonight.

~WPS~

Boys

Camden Fairview 65
Arkadelphia 53

Final

Mr.Magnolia06

I'm 1 game away from been right about all 4A-8 boys moving on,,i

~WPS~

Girls

Nashville 13
Fairview 9

End 1st

~WPS~

Girls

Nashville 28
Fairview 20

Halftime

~WPS~

This entire tournament is being live streamed by Mena on Facebook. Search for "Mhs Livestream"

~WPS~

Girls

Nashville 40
Fairview 31

End 3rd

~WPS~

Girls

Nashville 57
Camden Fairview 52

Final

~WPS~

Boys

Monticello 12
Bauxite 7

End 1st

~WPS~

Boys

Monticello 17
Bauxite 11

Halftime

~WPS~

Boys

Monticello 36
Bauxite 19

End 3rd

Greatdane6

Looks Like it will be a Complete Sweep for the  8-4A  Monticello third Quarter lift the Billies
To State.

~WPS~

Boys

Monticello 54
Bauxite 38

Final

Billie Blue

MR.GOMAB

Greatdane6

MrGOB should have been the Championship game this is just as good

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Greatdane6 on February 21, 2019, 09:58:40 pm
MrGOB should have been the Championship game this is just as good

We wanted this matchup!! We owe them one.

Billie Blue

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 21, 2019, 10:02:38 pm
We wanted this matchup!! We owe them one.
We could say the same thing you beat us on our home court and we beat you on yours and know a neutral site should be a good game just wish it was the championship game Kudos to the 8-4A winning all their games

Sports Guru

Quote from: Billie Blue on February 22, 2019, 06:12:37 am
We could say the same thing you beat us on our home court and we beat you on yours and know a neutral site should be a good game just wish it was the championship game Kudos to the 8-4A winning all their games

This is going to be the best game of the tournament honestly. Magnolia has been great all year. Monticello got it going with a streak of wins late in the season.

I'm gonna say Panthers 78 Billies 77 in Overtime

Mr.Magnolia06

I think your right,, going to be the best game,,I think it's going to come down to free throws, whoever make the most,I got magnolia 67-62

scrapdig

Quote from: Bearcat45 on February 20, 2019, 10:29:45 pm
Congrats to Magnolia. They are very talented and should win the region and do well at State especially playing at their house.  Good luck the rest of the way.

GO BEARCATS!!! Great season for you guys. Hated to see it end.
No size will cost them eventually

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on February 22, 2019, 12:18:41 pm
This is going to be the best game of the tournament honestly. Magnolia has been great all year. Monticello got it going with a streak of wins late in the season.

I'm gonna say Panthers 78 Billies 77 in Overtime

Looking forward to another good one tonight from the Panthers!

MR.GOMAB

~WPS~

Girls

De Queen 11
Warren 8

End 1st

~WPS~

Girls

De Queen 25
Warren 20

Halftime

~WPS~

Girls

De Queen 37
Warren 28

End 3rd

~WPS~

~WPS~

February 22, 2019, 05:38:58 pm #99 Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:25:42 pm by ~WPS~
Boys

Star City 19
Fairview 14

End 1st

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas