• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A South Regional @ Mena

Started by ~WPS~, February 16, 2019, 08:36:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

February 22, 2019, 05:55:03 pm #100 Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:25:32 pm by ~WPS~
Boys

Star City 40
Fairview 31

Halftime

Greatdane6

WPS huh??? Star City they should be playing Camden huh 

MR.GOMAB

Star City vs Camden Fairview. We play at 8:30

~WPS~

Boys

Star City 71
Fairview 51

End 3rd

mossflyer

Correct.

Star City 71
Camden Fairview 51

End of 3

~WPS~

February 22, 2019, 06:25:15 pm #105 Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:28:56 pm by ~WPS~
Sorry I can't keep up with the 8-4A teams. Y'all play too fast. Lol

~WPS~

Boys

Star City 92
Camden Fairview 71

Final

Greatdane6

Now I did see that Star City is better than what everybody think. They really have everything and really don't have a real weakness

~WPS~

How is SC the 4 seed? Are they just now peaking or have they been inconsistent? Because for 2 games they look unbeatable.

~WPS~

Girls

Star City 21
Nashville 12

End 1st

Greatdane6

Now against the last two opponents they matchup well with that style of play especially a fast paced game. They our battle tested and was good last year there weakness is against a team that has a Half court offense that will make them work. And hold them / limited them to a half court team. That's make them score in the half court and they can score in the half court but no fast breaks no easy baskets

The Great One

Quote from: Greatdane6 on February 22, 2019, 07:19:50 pm
Now against the last two opponents they matchup well with that style of play especially a fast paced game. They our battle tested and was good last year there weakness is against a team that has a Half court offense that will make them work. And hold them / limited them to a half court team. That's make them score in the half court and they can score in the half court but no fast breaks no easy baskets
Plus if your making shots that also keeps them in more of a half court game... I'm not sure what Fairview was from 3 tonight but Nashville was 3 for 22 from 3 so that's alot of fast break opportunities for star city...

~WPS~

Girls

Star City 30
Nashville 24

Halftime

SCDawgs

WPS, they're peaking at the right time. Brand new coach, and he's been building this thing all year.

MR.GOMAB

Star City is solid...They played Magnolia good the second time we played them at their house.

Greatdane6

I agreed with SCDawgs They are peaking the kids are finally buying in. They are battle tested I watched them vs Monticello at Star City and they had them beat, really out played them but they didn't know how finish and The billies forced the game into OT where they were Dead. Ended up losing by 8. They much better now.

~WPS~

Girls

Star City 53
Nashville 32

End 3rd

Greatdane6

Even though they are playing well The Winner Between (Magnolia vs Monticello) will slow them Down and make them score in the Half court.

~WPS~

Girls

Star City 61
Nashville 36

Final

Greatdane6

SCDawgs

This Star City team reminds me of the '91 or '92 version that didn't win the regular season title, but got better and better as the year went on, and rolled to a state championship. This year's version is Nolan's "40 minutes of heck" in reverse. Instead of the defensive end, they attack the other way. Every possession, they're attacking the basket. There's no such thing as working the clock, it doesn't matter what the score is or what quarter it is. They're going straight for the throat, and it's working.

~WPS~

Boys

Magnolia 16
Monticello 14

7:00 2nd

~WPS~

Boys

Monticello 25
Magnolia 19

Halftime

~WPS~

Boys

Magnolia 35
Monticello 35

End 3rd

Quote from: SCDawgs on February 22, 2019, 08:45:20 pm
This Star City team reminds me of the '91 or '92 version that didn't win the regular season title, but got better and better as the year went on, and rolled to a state championship. This year's version is Nolan's "40 minutes of heck" in reverse. Instead of the defensive end, they attack the other way. Every possession, they're attacking the basket. There's no such thing as working the clock, it doesn't matter what the score is or what quarter it is. They're going straight for the throat, and it's working.

That was 1990. Big John Edwards, Fluff Muckelroy, Melvin Matthews, Morcie Hawkins, the Shelton Twins, Chuck Bolen, Steve Scott, et al. They were awesome. Lost to Eudora twice in the regular season, again in the district tournament, then beat Eudora in the Regional Finals and the State Finals.
SC girls won it that year as well. Mike Bradshaw coached both teams most of that year because the boys coach, Coach Smith, had a heart attack. Coach Smith recovered in time for the tournament season and both teams won the championship in their home gym.
Both were the best teams in SC history... at least in my lifetime.

~WPS~

Boys

Monticello 58
Magnolia 55

Final

Mr.Magnolia06

If any of y'all was at the game magnolia got cheated not just saying it ,,,,,how u not T up Monticello they had 6 men on the court when #11 for Monticello hit a 3 shot shouldn't count and magnolia should have got free throws ,,,, correct me if I'm wrong

Billie Blue

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on February 22, 2019, 10:04:35 pm
If any of y'all was at the game magnolia got cheated not just saying it ,,,,,how u not T up Monticello they had 6 men on the court when #11 for Monticello hit a 3 shot shouldn't count and magnolia should have got free throws ,,,, correct me if I'm wrong
I wasn't there but can't take away from this game could have went either way but I was listening to it on the radio and during the second half magnolia had 1 foul against them and Monticello 7 if magnolia would have made more of there free throws it would have been a different story but both teams played well you can't take that away from either team maybe we will meet again at state

Greatdane6

Ohhhh lawdddd here come the BirdBox Card lol

Greatdane6

Nawl it was the great game like I said it was the best game of the whole Regional Tournament but about that Magnolia at one point was up by 7 with 3 minutes left make your free throws and you win the game by 4 but going 1-2 1-2 missing the front end of a 1 &1 can't do that.

Greatdane6

And I hate that the refs missed that call and it should have been a Tech but i always said this too Don't Put it in The Refs Hands because if you do, That means you didn't do enough to Win!!!!!

HORNET-MAN

I watched the Game make your Free Throws down the stretch you Win..And yes it was a missed called on the 3 pointer

ltb759

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on February 22, 2019, 10:04:35 pm

Monticello had 6 players come out of the timeout after the made 3 pointer with 9 seconds left. Kid stepped off the floor about a second after the ball was inbounded. 

Bearcat45

I went back on video but only counted five players on floor when he hit three and yes have to make free throws too though  Tough one to lose 

Bearcat45

I double checked one more time and only seen five players out there  hmmmmm

Mr.Magnolia06

How do you add pictures on here or video I got it,,but ok

Greatdane6

Girls 3rd Place Game Warren vs Nashville at 12:00
Boys 3rd Place Game  Camden Vs Magnolia. At 1:30
Girls Championship Game  Star City vs De Queen at 6:00
Boys Championship Game Star City vs Monticello at 7:30

Bulldog92

Been a long time since both Star City teams were in the Regional Finals!!!  Just hope we keep it going good luck to both teams tomorrow!!! 

scrapdig

I watched the Magnolia/Monticello game as a neutral observer.  Refs were awful.  Magnolia had several clean swipes that were called fouls.  BS fouls on Ford cost them the game along with really bad coaching.  I bet 30% of the possessions when Ford is on the floor he doesn't touch the ball.  Ford has to have the ball. That being said I'm a little surprised he has high D1 offers already.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: scrapdig on February 23, 2019, 09:51:37 am
I watched the Magnolia/Monticello game as a neutral observer.  Refs were awful.  Magnolia had several clean swipes that were called fouls.  BS fouls on Ford cost them the game along with really bad coaching.  I bet 30% of the possessions when Ford is on the floor he doesn't touch the ball.  Ford has to have the ball. That being said I'm a little surprised he has high D1 offers already.

THANK YOU!! I've never been one to blame the refs because Magnolia could have still won if they made their free throws. BUT the refs were horrible and the missed call with 6 players on the floor was mind blowing. Ford is a GREAT player and I've yet to understand why he is not the focal point of the offense. He is just a Freshman he can only get better. The same goes for Garland #23. Most of his offers have came from his performance on the AAU scene.

scrapdig

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 23, 2019, 12:20:40 pm
THANK YOU!! I've never been one to blame the refs because Magnolia could have still won if they made their free throws. BUT the refs were horrible and the missed call with 6 players on the floor was mind blowing. Ford is a GREAT player and I've yet to understand why he is not the focal point of the offense. He is just a Freshman he can only get better. The same goes for Garland #23. Most of his offers have came from his performance on the AAU scene.
Need a new coach man. 

Bearcat45

Been some bad refs all over. Sucks when they end up dictating a game and the outcome.  Not fun to to be on the losinng end of bad officiating.  Because you are always left to womder how the game would have come out if the officiating was good. I bet Magnolia will do well in the State tourney

scrapdig

Quote from: Bearcat45 on February 23, 2019, 02:16:52 pm
Been some bad refs all over. Sucks when they end up dictating a game and the outcome.  Not fun to to be on the losinng end of bad officiating.  Because you are always left to womder how the game would have come out if the officiating was good. I bet Magnolia will do well in the State tourney
I'm saying one and done

MR.GOMAB

Magnolia will face the loser between Pottsville and Morrilton next Thursday in Magnolia at 2:30 in the first round of the State Tourney.

~WPS~

3rd Place Games

Girls
Warren 42
Nashville 39

Boys
Magnolia 68
Fairview 47

MR.GOMAB

February 23, 2019, 03:51:34 pm #146 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 03:54:13 pm by MR.GOMAB
Winner of the Regional Finals tonight will have a first round bye and face the Winner of #3 LR McClellan and the 4th Seed from the North Region (Ozark or Dardenalle) on the 28th in Magnolia in the Quarterfinals of the State Tourney at 8:30pm.

The Looser will face Westside in the first round of the State Tourney in Magnolia @ 8:30 on 2/27.

MR.GOMAB

Camden will face the 3 seed from the North Region (Ozark or Dardenalle) @ 2:30 on 2/27 in Magnolia in the first round of the State Tourney.

scrapdig

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 23, 2019, 02:50:19 pm
Magnolia will face the loser between Pottsville and Morrilton next Thursday in Magnolia at 2:30 in the first round of the State Tourney.
pottsville would be a very tough matchup for Magnolia.  I think they can beat Morrilton

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: scrapdig on February 23, 2019, 04:07:20 pm
pottsville would be a very tough matchup for Magnolia.  I think they can beat Morrilton

Agreed!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas