• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A South Regional @ Mena

Started by ~WPS~, February 16, 2019, 08:36:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

February 16, 2019, 08:36:03 pm Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:29:51 am by ~WPS~
Boys Bracket

2/20 - Wednesday
Game 2: (1st-7) Nashville vs (4th-8) Star City - 5:30
Game 4: (1st-8) Magnolia vs (4th-7) Mena - 8:30

2/21 - Thursday
Game 6: (2nd-8) Camden Fairview vs (3rd-7) Arkadelphia - 5:30
Game 8: (2nd-7) Bauxite vs (3rd-8) Monticello - 8:30

2/22 - Friday
Game 10:  Star City vs Camden Fairview - 5:30
Game 12:  Magnolia vs Monticello - 8:30

2/23 - Saturday
3rd Place:  Camden Fairview vs  Magnolia - 1:30
Championship:  Star City  vs  Monticello - 7:30

Boys State Seeding
1.  Monticello
2.  Star City
3.  Magnolia
4.  Camden Fairview

Girls Bracket

2/21 - Wednesday
Game 1: (1st-7) De Queen vs (4th-8) Monticello - 4:00
Game 3: (1st-8) Star City vs (4th-7) Mena - 7:00

2/22 - Thursday
Game 5: (2nd-8) Warren vs (3rd-7) Bauxite - 4:00
Game 7: (2nd-7) Nashville vs (3rd-8) Camden Fairview - 7:00

2/23 - Friday
Game 9:  De Queen vs Warren - 4:00
Game 11:  Star City vs Nashville - 7:00

2/24 - Saturday
3rd Place:  Warren  vs  Nashville - 12:00
Championship:  De Queen  vs  Star City - 6:00

Girls State Seeding
1.  Star City
2.  De Queen
3.  Warren
4.  Nashville

wait4it

I see Mena went from 1-seed in district tournament to being the 4-seed in the regional tournament. What happened?

OrangeCrush.

February 18, 2019, 09:07:26 am #2 Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 09:14:56 am by OrangeCrush.
There really isn't any difference between the top 4 teams in the 7-4A. They've all beaten each other throughout the year. In fact all 4 teams are 4-4 against the top 4. Nashville just happens to be the hottest team right now.

MR.GOMAB

Surprised me too! Didn't know we would play Mena in the first round. Conference was pretty dead even over there. Magnolia va Mena un two days!

Former, Coach Jacobs

Did Monticello have some kids get injured at the end of the season? I see Camden and Warren beat them back to back by 10+, their last two games.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Former, Coach Jacobs on February 18, 2019, 09:30:43 am
Did Monticello have some kids get injured at the end of the season? I see Camden and Warren beat them back to back by 10+, their last two games.

No they didn't I couldn't believe that they lost those games either!

oldscribe

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 18, 2019, 09:22:29 am
Surprised me too! Didn't know we would play Mena in the first round. Conference was pretty dead even over there. Magnolia va Mena un two days!
Youuuu Knowwww your chances of advancing were greatly diminished when Mena ended up in fourth place....

Bearcat45

Had some disruption with one of the starters last week and he was out for Menas first district tourney game and heard he ran him on game day pretty hard Saturday morning.  Hopefully the ship will be upright come Wednesday night. 

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: oldscribe on February 18, 2019, 12:17:36 pm
Youuuu Knowwww your chances of advancing were greatly diminished when Mena ended up in fourth place....

You think Magnolia's chances of advancing are diminished?? Lol..

oldscribe

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 18, 2019, 02:24:19 pm
You think Magnolia's chances of advancing are diminished?? Lol..

Didn't say Magnolia would be defeated but if you were 100 percent sure of a win, that percentage is much less now. History and geography lessons!!!

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: oldscribe on February 18, 2019, 03:08:37 pm
Didn't say Magnolia would be defeated but if you were 100 percent sure of a win, that percentage is much less now. History and geography lessons!!!

I gotcha! Oh it has already been discussed of what to expect playing Mena in Mena and how things work up there. Magnolia will be ready.

Bearcat25

I may be wrong but I got Mena with the upset Wednesday night over Magnolia...I think its going to be a heck of a game!!

wait4it

Bearcat25

First round predictions girls and boys?

Bearcat45

I really wish the refs were on Mena's side.  That is the most ridiculous thing Ive seen on here and ive now seen that several times, so obviousy you guys that think that have not ever come to watch a game in Mena.  The refs are terrible all over the place and its no different here. The refs are sent to us so there is not any home cooking. There was a female ref that was reffing the bauxite game at Bauxite and she had no clue what she was doing and geez she was here reffing one of the district games last week.  HORRIBLE so I can promise you there is no home cooking going on over here in Mena like a few ppl seem too think.  Lets hope the refs Wednesday night are good and they call a good game. 

MR.GOMAB

February 18, 2019, 06:57:50 pm #15 Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 07:00:34 pm by MR.GOMAB
Magnolia by 12..Heard #2 can shoot it for Mena so Ford or Roach will gladly take that assignment. Magnolia has a stingy defense overall. And offensively they are fun to watch.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: Bearcat45 on February 18, 2019, 05:25:46 pm
I really wish the refs were on Mena's side.  That is the most ridiculous thing Ive seen on here and ive now seen that several times, so obviousy you guys that think that have not ever come to watch a game in Mena.  The refs are terrible all over the place and its no different here. The refs are sent to us so there is not any home cooking. There was a female ref that was reffing the bauxite game at Bauxite and she had no clue what she was doing and geez she was here reffing one of the district games last week.  HORRIBLE so I can promise you there is no home cooking going on over here in Mena like a few ppl seem too think.  Lets hope the refs Wednesday night are good and they call a good game.
I'll agree with you on that. Refs in the 7-4A this year have been the worst I've ever seen. I swear half of them haven't actually read a rule book.

Bearcat45

Im hoping for a good game from both teams and hope the officiating doesnt play a part in how it all plays out.  I hate these two teams are playing the opening game against one another. 

Mr.Magnolia06

Long as magnolia bring their defense I think we should be good,,,they can't take it easy at all from the videos I have seen Mena can shot ur lights out from the 3point line,,,,,but magnolia play a lil bit faster and better defense,, should be a nice game,,# Panther nation

~WPS~

February 18, 2019, 10:54:09 pm #19 Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 11:08:04 pm by ~WPS~
BOYS PREVIEW

(1st-7) Nashville  vs  (4th-8) Star City
Nashville Scrappers
Record:  14-9
Conf. Record:  9-6
vs. 7-4A Top 4:  4-4
PPG Scored:  58.0
PPG Allowed:  53.3
Key Players:  Jamarta Gilliam

Star City Bulldogs
Record:  14-11
Conf. Record:  6-6
vs. 8-4A Top 4:  1-5
PPG Scored:  67.8
PPG Allowed:  63.6
Key Players:  Dee Williams

Common Opponents
Mena  (Nashville: W 68-55, L 62-50, W 59-57) (Star City: L 68-59)

The Matchup
Nashville is led by senior guard Jamarta Gilliam. Gilliam averages near 20 ppg on the season and can score in a variety of ways. Gilliam does well driving to the basket and is also the best 3 point shooter on the team.  Nashville looks to push the pace on missed shots. In the half-court, Nashville allows Gilliam to isolate and drive, and also uses an inside out game for open looks from deep.  Star City plays a fast paced, quick shooting offensive style. They are led by sharp-shooting senior Dee Williams. Williams is excellent from long range. The Bulldogs also have good size inside. Star City has the size advantage, while speed should be equal. Star City will have a chance to score big points in the paint. Star City usually mixes it up on defense. This game should come down to who controls the paint and boards, and which team gets more help for their stars.

WPS' Prediction:  Nashville by 5

(2nd-8) Camden Fairview  vs  (3rd-7) Arkadelphia
Camden Fairview Cardinals
Record:  12-11
Conf. Record:  8-4
vs. 8-4A Top 4:  3-4
PPG Scored:  65.1
PPG Allowed:  62.5
Key Players:  Jalen Moore & Qwaishawn Thompson

Arkadelphia Badgers
Record:  11-9
Conf. Record:  9-5
vs. 7-4A Top 4:  4-5
PPG Scored:  55.7
PPG Allowed:  59.0
Key Players:  Victor Tademy & Javonte Brown

Common Opponents
Malvern  (Fairview: L 55-50) (Arkadelphia: W 82-71, W 74-56)

The Matchup
Fairview is led by high flying seniors Moore and Thompson. These two present matchup problems for most opponents. The Cardinals want to spread the floor and attack the rim on offense. Defensively they play man with possibly the most athletic team in the regional. Arkadelphia goes as Victor Tademy goes. The junior leads the team on offense and can score from anywhere. Javonte Brown is one of many threats from deep. The Badgers like to shoot the 3 and will take any open look. They lack a true post player and inside game. Defensively they base out of a 2-3 zone. Fairview holds the edge in overall speed and athleticism. Arkadelphia likes to play fast, but may not want to get into a track meet with Fairview. Arkadelphia's ability to get hot from 3 gives them a chance. This game comes down to whether Arkadelphia can slow down Fairview's star duo and can knock down enough 3's.

WPS' Prediction:  Fairview by 8

(1st-8) Magnolia  vs  (4th-7) Mena
Magnolia Panthers
Record:  18-4
Conf. Record:  11-1
vs. 8-4A Top 4:  6-1
PPG Scored:  63.1
PPG Allowed:  48.8
Key Players:  Derrian Ford, Colby Garland, Markeveon Strickland

Mena Bearcats
Record:  19-8
Conf. Record:  10-4
vs. 7-4A Top 4:  5-4
PPG Scored:  63.2
PPG Allowed:  55.1
Key Players:  Conner Harvey & Brock Strother

Common Opponents
Star City  (Magnolia: W 43-30, W 71-67) (Mena: W 68-59)

The Matchup
Magnolia is a great team with many talented players. Magnolia has a great freshman duo of Ford and Garland. Ford runs the offense and Garland is a very good shooter. Strickland is another good shooter from outside. Magnolia likes to play fast in transition and thrives on points off turnovers. On defense they primarily play man. The Panthers do lack size and a true post player.  Mena a lot of times is the Conner Harvey show. Harvey can go for 30+ any night. He is a threat to score as soon as he crosses half court. The Bearcats usually have help for Harvey with various players that can hit from 3. Mena has a good post man in OBU football signee Brock Strother. Strother's size could cause matchup problems in Magnolia's man defense. Mena likes to take the 3 and work it in and out of the post. On defense, Mena usually goes to a 2-3 zone. This game could be closer than expected if Magnolia can't contain Harvey, if Strother can play big in the paint, or if Mena is hot from 3. Magnolia's combination of athleticism and skill may be too much for Mena to handle. Playing in front of the home crowd will no doubt give Mena some help.

WPS' Prediction:  Magnolia by 12

(2nd-7) Bauxite  vs  (3rd-8) Monticello
Bauxite Miners
Record:  16-13
PPG Scored:  54.7
PPG Allowed:  50.6
Key Players:  Max Chenault

Monticello Billies
Record:  15-8
vs. 8-4A Top 4:  3-3
PPG Scored:  57.6
PPG Allowed:  51.7
Key Players:  Shannon Strickland & Keshaun Pippen

Common Opponents
None

The Matchup
Bauxite is led by junior guard Max Chenault. Chenault is an excellent shooter that can go for 30+ any game. Bauxite has a couple of decent players inside that they will go to. The Miners can score a number of ways on offense, but they like the 3. On defense they will usually go to a 2-3 zone. Monticello is led by juniors Strickland and Pippen. Strickland is a good shooter and Pippen is a quick PG that can drive and score. Monticello likes to play fast and get up shots, and defensively will play both man and a 1-3-1 zone. Monticello struggled at the end of conference play and it will be interesting to see if they can right the ship. This game could be as simple as how Monticello defends Chenault. This should be a good game and pretty even matchup.

WPS' Prediction:  Monticello by 4

~WPS~

There's the annual WPS preview. Enjoy and feel free to add your thoughts and predictions.

As you'll see I'm temporarily buying the 8-4A hype even though I'm not 100% sold on it. Honestly I could see all 4 games going either way. There's a lot of unknown as usual because it's hard to predict how teams will matchup.

As far as the girls, I have zero knowledge on the 8-4A so if anyone wants to send me some info on those teams I'd be glad to do a girls preview.

3 Dollar

Predictions:

Girls:
1.  Star City
2.  DeQueen
3.  Bauxite
4.  Camden Fairview

Boys:
1.  Magnolia
2.  Nashville
3.  Monticello
4.  Arkadelphia

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 18, 2019, 10:54:09 pm
BOYS PREVIEW

(1st-7) Nashville  vs  (4th-8) Star City
Nashville Scrappers
Record:  14-9
PPG Scored:  58.0
PPG Allowed:  53.3
Key Players:  Jamarta Gilliam

Star City Bulldogs
Record:  14-11
PPG Scored:  67.8
PPG Allowed:  63.6
Key Players:  Dee Williams

Common Opponents
Mena  (Nashville: W 68-55, L 62-50, W 59-57) (Star City: L 68-59)

The Matchup
Nashville is led by senior guard Jamarta Gilliam. Gilliam averages near 20 ppg on the season and can score in a variety of ways. Gilliam does well driving to the basket and is also the best 3 point shooter on the team.  Nashville looks to push the pace on missed shots. In the half-court, Nashville allows Gilliam to isolate and drive, and also uses an inside out game for open looks from deep.  Star City plays a fast paced, quick shooting offensive style. They are led by sharp-shooting senior Dee Williams. Williams is excellent from long range. The Bulldogs also have good size inside. Star City has the size advantage, while speed should be equal. Star City will have a chance to score big points in the paint. Star City usually mixes it up on defense. This game should come down to who controls the paint and boards, and which team gets more help for their stars.

WPS' Prediction:  Nashville by 5

(2nd-8) Camden Fairview  vs  (3rd-7) Arkadelphia
Camden Fairview Cardinals
Record:  12-11
PPG Scored:  65.1
PPG Allowed:  62.5
Key Players:  Jalen Moore & Qwaishawn Thompson

Arkadelphia Badgers
Record:  11-9
vs. 7-4A Top 4:  4-5
PPG Scored:  55.7
PPG Allowed:  59.0
Key Players:  Victor Tademy & Javonte Brown

Common Opponents
Malvern  (Fairview: L 55-50) (Arkadelphia: W 82-71, W 74-56)

The Matchup
Fairview is led by high flying seniors Moore and Thompson. These two present matchup problems for most opponents. The Cardinals want to spread the floor and attack the rim on offense. Defensively they play man with possibly the most athletic team in the regional. Arkadelphia goes as Victor Tademy goes. The junior leads the team on offense and can score from anywhere. Javonte Brown is one of many threats from deep. The Badgers like to shoot the 3 and will take any open look. They lack a true post player and inside game. Defensively they base out of a 2-3 zone. Fairview holds the edge in overall speed and athleticism. Arkadelphia likes to play fast, but may not want to get into a track meet with Fairview. Arkadelphia's ability to get hot from 3 gives them a chance. This game comes down to whether Arkadelphia can slow down Fairview's star duo and can knock down enough 3's.

WPS' Prediction:  Fairview by 8

(1st-8) Magnolia  vs  (4th-7) Mena
Magnolia Panthers
Record:  18-4
Conf. Record:  11-1
vs. 8-4A Top 4:  6-1
PPG Scored:  63.1
PPG Allowed:  48.8
Key Players:  Derrian Ford, Colby Garland, Markeveon Strickland

Mena Bearcats
Record:  19-8
Conf. Record:  10-4
vs. 7-4A Top 4:  5-4
PPG Scored:  63.2
PPG Allowed:  55.1
Key Players:  Conner Harvey & Brock Strother

Common Opponents
Star City  (Magnolia: W 43-30, W 71-67) (Mena: W 68-59)

The Matchup
Magnolia is a great team with many talented players. Magnolia has a great freshman duo of Ford and Garland. Ford runs the offense and Garland is a very good shooter. Strickland is another good shooter from outside. Magnolia likes to play fast in transition and thrives on points off turnovers. On defense they primarily play man. The Panthers do lack size and a true post player.  Mena a lot of times is the Conner Harvey show. Harvey can go for 30+ any night. He is a threat to score as soon as he crosses half court. The Bearcats usually have help for Harvey with various players that can hit from 3. Mena has a good post man in OBU football signee Brock Strother. Strother's size could cause matchup problems in Magnolia's man defense. Mena likes to take the 3 and work it in and out of the post. On defense, Mena usually goes to a 2-3 zone. This game could be closer than expected if Magnolia can't contain Harvey, if Strother can play big in the paint, or if Mena is hot from 3. Magnolia's combination of athleticism and skill may be too much for Mena to handle. Playing in front of the home crowd will no doubt give Mena some help.

WPS' Prediction:  Magnolia by 12

(2nd-7) Bauxite  vs  (3rd-8) Monticello
Bauxite Miners
Record:  16-13
PPG Scored:  54.7
PPG Allowed:  50.6
Key Players:  Max Chenault

Monticello Billies
Record:  15-8
vs. 8-4A Top 4:  3-3
PPG Scored:  57.6
PPG Allowed:  51.7
Key Players:  Shannon Strickland & Keshaun Pippen

Common Opponents
None

The Matchup
Bauxite is led by junior guard Max Chenault. Chenault is an excellent shooter that can go for 30+ any game. Bauxite has a couple of decent players inside that they will go to. The Miners can score a number of ways on offense, but they like the 3. On defense they will usually go to a 2-3 zone. Monticello is led by juniors Strickland and Pippen. Strickland is a good shooter and Pippen is a quick PG that can drive and score. Monticello likes to play fast and get up shots, and defensively will play both man and a 1-3-1 zone. Monticello struggled at the end of conference play and it will be interesting to see if they can right the ship. This game could be as simple as how Monticello defends Chenault. This should be a good game and pretty even matchup.

WPS' Prediction:  Monticello by 4

Man, I appreciate this summary! Very well written and broken down. From watching film on Mena Harvey can shoot it for sure. Magnolia has those three players on top of Kyle Carver who is the 6'4 big man that gives great minutes. And starting PG ULM Football Signee Kadyn Roach who is a brick wall. Junior Beasley is looking for his 5th double double in a row, a true ball hawk. This should be an exciting game being that Mena is playing in front of their home crowd which will give anyone motivation. I still have Magnolia by 12 because of their defense and overall athleticism.

Bulldog92

~WPS~

I'll try to have a girls preview done by tonight.

~WPS~

GIRLS PREVIEW

(1st-7) De Queen vs (4th-8) Monticello
De Queen Lady Leopards
Record:  25-2
Conf. Record:  14-0
vs. 7-4A Top 4:  8-0
PPG Scored:  55.6
PPG Allowed:  37.7
Key Players:  Abby Dykes, Ashley Dykes, Ashlyn Chambers

Monticello Lady Billies
Record:  11-12
PPG Scored:  47.7
PPG Allowed:  47.9
Key Players:  Chaney Scott, Shania Smith

Common Opponents
None

The Matchup
De Queen is a pretty balanced scarring team. They like the 3 and will take any open look. They have a handful of girls that can knock it down from deep. They don't have a great inside game, but have guards that can drive and score. They are very good at moving the ball around. Defensively, D Queen likes to speed you up in a press and force turnovers. Both teams are average to below average in overall size. Monticello will have an advantage in speed and athleticism. They will need to take care of the ball and limit open shots to give themselves a chance at the upset.

WPS' Prediction:  De Queen by 14

(2nd-8) Warren vs (3rd-7) Bauxite
Warren LadyJacks
Record:  14-5
Conf. Record:  9-3
PPG Scored:  47.8
PPG Allowed:  36.5
Key Players:  Ty'shuna Steppes, Faith Jackson

Bauxite Lady Miners
Record:  21-9
Conf. Record:  10-5
vs. 7-4A Top 4:  3-5
PPG Scored:  48.2
PPG Allowed:  36.0
Key Players:  Destiny McClain, Lauren Bainter

Common Opponents
None

The Matchup
Warren is a young, talented team. They are very good inside and have a few weapons that they utilize in the post. Steppes is a talented guard that can shoot and drive. Warren can be a streaky team offensively and thrives on defensive stops and fast break points. Bauxite usually slows the game down and plays half-court basketball. They also has some talent in the paint, as well as a few good shooters that can get hit from deep. Both teams play excellent defense which makes this appear to be a low scoring game. The pace will be interesting to watch and there should be a good battle in the paint. This game probably comes down to the last possession.

WPS' Prediction:  Bauxite by 1

(1st-8) Star City vs (4th-7) Mena
Star City LadyDogs
Record:  23-4
Conf. Record:  10-2
vs. 8-4A Top 4:  4-2
PPG Scored:  54.1
PPG Allowed:  31.8
Key Players:  Janiya Johnson, Kyaira Jackson

Mena LadyCats
Record:  13-13
Conf. Record:  8-7
vs. 7-4A Top 4:  1-7
PPG Scored:  41.2
PPG Allowed:  41.2
Key Players:  Tateli Thacker, Emily Wagner

Common Opponents
Hot Springs  (Star City: W 53-33) (Mena: L 50-23)
Kirby  (Star City: W 45-38) (Mena: W 41-38)
Nashville  (Star City: W 51-24) (Mena: W 59-49, L 38-33)

The Matchup
Star City is loaded with talent as usual. The LadyDogs mesh a few seniors with a talented sophomore class. As is tradition, SC plays smothering defense and has speed at every position. Mena is also a young team with a talented sophomore class. The LadyCats only senior, Thacker, is a very good player and can work outside and inside. Mena will have the size advantage and they will have to make use of that to make this a game. Mena usually plays a slower, half-court offense. Star City will more than likely speed the game up faster than Mena wants to play.

WPS' Prediction:  Star City by 30

(2nd-7) Nashville vs (3rd-8) Camden Fairview
Nashville Scrapperettes
Record:  16-8
PPG Scored:  45.4
PPG Allowed:  40.0
Key Players:  Raley Potter

Camden Fairview Lady Cardinals
Record:  19-6
Conf. Record:  9-3
vs. 8-4A Top 4:  5-2
PPG Scored:  46.7
PPG Allowed:  40.8
Key Players:  Tai'sheka Porchia

Common Opponents
Arkadelphia  (Nashville: W 51-41, L 44-41) (Fairview: W 39-22, W 55-27)
Centerpoint  (Nashville: W 61-50) (Fairview: W 50-38)
Malvern  (Nashville: W 51-32, W 55-43) (Fairview: W 34-32)
Prescott  (Nashville: W 58-46, W 62-37) (Fairview: W 57-29)
Star City  (Nashville: L 51-24) (Fairview: W 37-34, L 56-27)

The Matchup
Nashville is a very young team. They have moved up a few freshmen that has given them a talent boost and added depth. The senior Potter is the playmaker for the Scrapperettes. She can score from anywhere on the court. Nashville struggles in the half court at times and will need to give Potter some help. Fairview is loaded with speed and size. They are led by post player Porchia who dominates in the paint. Fairview likes to apply pressure on defense. Fairview's inside game and overall speed may be too much for Nashville to handle. Nashville will need to limit turnovers and knock down some 3's.

WPS' Prediction:  Camden Fairview by 8

~WPS~

There's the girls preview. It's not great, but it's something.

MR.GOMAB

Showtime tonight at 8:30!! Magnolia Panthers vs. Mena Bearcats I will be making that 3 hour drive for this one. Let's Go Panthers!

sizzlet2455

Quote from: Bearcat45 on February 18, 2019, 05:25:46 pm
I really wish the refs were on Mena's side.  That is the most ridiculous thing I've seen on here and I've now seen that several times, so obviously you guys that think that have not ever come to watch a game in Mena.  The refs are terrible all over the place and it's no different here. The refs are sent to us so there is not any home cooking. There was a female ref that was reffing the bauxite game at Bauxite and she had no clue what she was doing and geez she was here reffing one of the district games last week.  HORRIBLE so I can promise you there is no home cooking going on over here in Mena like a few ppl seem to think.  Let's hope the refs Wednesday night is good and they call a good game.
Just wait until you get the unfortunate privilege of having a young ref named Caleb in regionals.  He is cocky and thinks he is king of the (has been) court!!

Mr.Magnolia06

Yess,,that ref is trash he thinks he is the king and don't say something to get under his skin it's like he just start calling stuff just for fun,,,,, most of the refs for magnolia this year hasn't been good for anyone,,it's one older ref that will call something and he will be  in back court and it's no way he saw anything

HORNET-MAN

Wish I was off I would make the trip just to see Magnolia play..Been hearing a lot of hype about the 9th graders.

Mr.Magnolia06

They are a show by them selves,,,,they just brought over the point gaurd last game from the 9th grade I'm not sure if he will be any help,,,,but I'm looking for all startes to get in double digits tonight and Ford going for 25+ and I have a feeling it's going to be Roach  that will handle # 30 tonight with the help from #21 ,,,,,,,

Neckred

Mena has the worst attitudes of any team I've seen all year.  They got what they deserved in the district championship and hopefully will take a quit exit tonite. 

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Neckred on February 20, 2019, 12:45:01 pm
Mena has the worst attitudes of any team I've seen all year.  They got what they deserved in the district championship and hopefully will take a quit exit tonite.

Really?? Well the Road Warriors (Magnolia Panthers) coming to play some ball tonight...They Know whats at stake so its go time!

Bearcat45

Before you slam someone or a bunch of kids, try your spell check before you hit post REDNECK.  Just saying.   O gosh I miss read that NECKRED. And as far bad attitudes they played 26 games, so how many were you able to attend to come up with that statement?  Don't tell me one or two games because if so you have no clue what your talking about.  These kids played hard every game whether it was through bad officiating or parents at one school coming over to call one our kids that got hurt a B word. If you haven't been around them you have no clue what kind of attitudes they have so your post has no weight or credibility except to put something out there that is false.  I hope for a good game tonight from both teams and good officiating as well so if you have nothing positive to post why even post.  GO BEARCATS!!

Safe travels to Panther fans that are making the long trip this evening to Mena

Mr.Magnolia06

Hope Mena and magnolia not thinking it's going to be a piece of cake magnolia is better on the road then they are at home,,,we like to leave our mark,,,,let's see who's the best in red and white , people not understanding Mena was the 1st seed at one point that says alot about,,but I hope magnolia pull it off,, tonight comes down to defense

Greatdane6

Who There At Mena for the Updates

~WPS~

Girls

De Queen 27
Monticello 24

Halftime

~WPS~

Girls

De Queen 59
Monticello 32

End 3rd

~WPS~

Girls

De Queen 67
Monticello 49

Final

~WPS~

Boys

Nashville 13
Star City 12

End 1Q

~WPS~

Boys

Star City 36
Nashville 29

Halftime

~WPS~

Boys

Star City 60
Nashville 43

End 3rd

If this is the 4th best team then the 8 is about to run the 7 out of the gym this week.

The Great One

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 20, 2019, 06:29:58 pm
Boys

Star City 60
Nashville 43

End 3rd

If this is the 4th best team then the 8 is about to run the 7 out of the gym this week.
I felt like it would be a sweep... The only team I thought might have a chance is bauxite just bc of the matchup!!

~WPS~

Boys

Star City 90
Nashville 60

Final

The Great One

I wanted Nashville to win too, but after watching film on star City I knew it was going to be tough... Plus reading wps preview of the games and taking the bias out of the equation I had star City by 15..

Mr.Magnolia06

Hold up,, how they beat Mena makes me wonder,, and we beat star city twice

The Great One

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on February 20, 2019, 07:02:35 pm
Hold up,, how they beat Mena makes me wonder,, and we beat star city twice
Has alot to do with matchups...Nevada beat y'all twice once by 15 and only beat Nashville by 4.. Can't go by scores from other games.

~WPS~

The Great One

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas