• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 3A Region 2 Tournament at Perryville

Started by Uncle Tupelo, February 13, 2019, 11:28:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Tupelo

February 13, 2019, 11:28:03 am Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:37:06 am by Uncle Tupelo
Post info and scores here.

LRRandy

1 seeds coming out of this region.

Boys: Baptist Prep

Girls: CAC

Just trying to get some conversation started. Looking forward to the games.

Hitman Warrior23

Man-Bear-Cat

February 15, 2019, 11:59:41 am #4 Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 12:02:44 pm by Man-Bear-Cat
G1 2/20 @ 5:30p
1st-5
4th-4
G2 2/21 @ 5:30p
2nd-4
3rd-5
G3 2/20 @ 8:30p
1st-4
4th-5
G4 2/21 @ 8:30p
2nd-5
3rd-4
G5 2/22 @ 5:30p
Winner G1
Winner G2
G6 2/22 @ 8:30p
Winner G3
Winner G4
Championship
G7 2/23 @ 7:30p
Winner G5
Winner G6
3rd Place
G8 2/23 @ 1:30p
Loser G5
Loser G6

LRRandy

Can't wait. I'm ready to see some games against teams we haven't played 2or 3 times.

teachers pet

Any thoughts on any lower seeds beating higher seeds?

Longfellow

Quote from: teachers pet on February 16, 2019, 11:04:58 pm
Any thoughts on any lower seeds beating higher seeds?
I honestly don't know enough about any of the teams in the 5 to make predictions. I think, depending on the matchup, Perryville boys can get upset someone. They're really physical and can get hot from deep. I just don't know how the physicality translates to these other teams

FoxandHound34

Perryville has Baptist first round LongFellow

teachers pet

1st round games
Baptist Prep vs Perryville
Mayflower vs Jessieville
Booneville vs Episcopal
Fountain Lake vs Glenrose

Longfellow

Well forget about my upset prediction. I hadn't seen the bracket lol

LRRandy

Not knowing anything about Fountain Lake I will say that their game against Glen Rose could be an upset. Glen Rose has a talented player that shoots with great touch and jumps well, he is a a scorer. They have 2 guards that can hit the three with regularity and they play hard, physical defense.

If #12 for Mayflower gets in foul trouble Jessieville could pull an upset. If Jesieville doesn't have any one big and quick enough to guard him Mayflower should win. Mayflower also has two very quick guards that handle the ball well. They are streaky (read inconsistent) shooters but they get the ball up and down the court in a hurry.

LRRandy

Quote from: Longfellow on February 17, 2019, 01:12:17 pm
Well forget about my upset prediction. I hadn't seen the bracket lol
that made me chuckle. +1

teachers pet

Don't think Glen Rose can beat Fountain Lake and I think the Mayflower/Jessieville game is a toss up. Booneville and Baptist Prep should win easily.

LRRandy

Ok you guys from the 4. Tell me about your girls teams.

I say CAC wins the region. Unless their post player doesn't play well. They have three knock down shooters and a sophomore that gets to the basket seemingly at will. They will be hard to beat.

Harmony Grove is a good TEAM. They play well together and have athletes and shooters.

Glen Rose is ok. One and done.

Episopal is a year away from making noise. Very young. Three freshmen start.

Interested in the district 4 teams we will see this week.

LRRandy

Quote from: teachers pet on February 17, 2019, 01:32:22 pm
Don't think Glen Rose can beat Fountain Lake and I think the Mayflower/Jessieville game is a toss up. Booneville and Baptist Prep should win easily.
ok. What is Fountain Lakes calling card? What do they do well?

teachers pet

They are quick, physical and the fact they are 23-5 on the year should say something, but we'll see next week.

LRRandy

Quote from: teachers pet on February 17, 2019, 02:09:11 pm
They are quick, physical and the fact they are 23-5 on the year should say something, but we'll see next week.
how many of those 23 wins are against 1a and 2a teams. What was their best win? Since they have 23 of them they must have beaten someone of note.

hogsnout

Quote from: LRRandy on February 17, 2019, 01:48:37 pm

I say CAC wins the region. Unless their post player doesn't play well. They have three knock down shooters and a sophomore that gets to the basket seemingly at will. They will be hard to beat.

Harmony Grove is a good TEAM. They play well together and have athletes and shooters.

So of you have seen TR girls you will surprised had a starter out 4 district but back this week a complete game changer

LRRandy

Quote from: hogsnout on February 17, 2019, 02:19:40 pm
So of you have seen TR girls you will surprised had a starter out 4 district but back this week a complete game changer
is TR the team with the really animated coach?

teachers pet

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LRRandy on February 17, 2019, 02:16:52 pm
how many of those 23 wins are against 1a and 2a teams. What was their best win? Since they have 23 of them they must have beaten someone of note.

Jessieville has beaten Jacksonville Lighthouse & Harmony Grove from district 5, by about 15 pts, as well as Prescott in a close one & Bauxite (although they lost to Bauxite in a rematch). 

I would say they are likely a good matchup with Mayflower.  But if they can't contain Braxtyn (#12 big guy)  inside or get him in foul trouble, I would expect Mayflower to advance in a hard fought game.

RamblinRazorWreck

February 17, 2019, 03:09:04 pm #22 Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:12:21 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Quick & physical would describe Mayflower as well, and is the thing that usually sets off the ticking time bomb, named Issac McBride.   8)

LRRandy

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on February 17, 2019, 03:05:21 pm
Jessieville has beaten Jacksonville Lighthouse & Harmony Grove from district 5, by about 15 pts, as well as Prescott in a close one & Bauxite (although they lost to Bauxite in a rematch). 

I would say they are likely a good matchup with Mayflower.  But if they can't contain Braxtyn (#12 big guy)  inside or get him in foul trouble, I would expect Mayflower to advance in a hard fought game.
since I didn't get a response from a district 4 fan, I looked for myself. Of those vaunted 23 wins speaking for themselves, Fountain Lake fattened up on teams called Oark, Cutter Morning Star and Magnet Cove. A veritable gauntlet of 1a and 2a teams.

teachers pet

I don't know where you got Oark from, not on the schedule, but they beat a good 4A Bauxite team and a couple of 5A teams, but that's why they play the game.

LRRandy

February 17, 2019, 03:19:58 pm #25 Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 04:04:34 pm by LRRandy
Quote from: teachers pet on February 17, 2019, 03:16:56 pm
I don't know where you got Oark from, not on the schedule, but they beat a good 4A Bauxite team and a couple of 5A teams, but that's why they play the game.
that's my typo. Ouchita. ( I need to quit multi tasking)

Man-Bear-Cat

Anyone aware if there will be a livestream setup for these games?

beach bum

Kind of feel bad for Perryville.... Hosting regionals as a 4 seed usually you have at least a decent shot at pulling the upset on your home court. But they draw BP

Hitman Warrior23

If 2 rivers has their full team, then I think they clean out their side of the bracket,  just 5 quality players that can score anywhere makes them hard to beat (and they are playing good right now)  ill be driving up early  to see CAC play Paris I think that will be a good game.
Atkins plays a team that  them pretty good earlier this year in Harmony Grove, Atkins plays a team with size and can defend in the paint they can shut Atkins down (im betting Harmony grove isnt small) Lamar and 2 Rivers "SHOULD'  win handily their games and I stress "SHOULD", not so certain about CAC and Harmony Grove.  Cant wait to get film on CAC ill be able to make an educated guess vs pull something out of my butt.  HAHA

LRRandy

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on February 18, 2019, 12:10:48 pm
If 2 rivers has their full team, then I think they clean out their side of the bracket,  just 5 quality players that can score anywhere makes them hard to beat (and they are playing good right now)  ill be driving up early  to see CAC play Paris I think that will be a good game.
Atkins plays a team that  them pretty good earlier this year in Harmony Grove, Atkins plays a team with size and can defend in the paint they can shut Atkins down (im betting Harmony grove isnt small) Lamar and 2 Rivers "SHOULD'  win handily their games and I stress "SHOULD", not so certain about CAC and Harmony Grove.  Cant wait to get film on CAC ill be able to make an educated guess vs pull something out of my butt.  HAHA
I'll be there all day Wednesday as well. Looking forward to the games. Thanks for the insight on the district 4 teams. I've heard Lamar and 2 Rivers are good  teams. It's gonna be a fun week.

1-Adam-12

When they are on, Paris's girls are a very dangerous team. Robinson can score inside or outside and they have several capable 3-point shooters.  They would have to play almost perfect to beat CAC, but I wouldn't put it completely past them.

3 Dollar

Predictions:

Girls:
1.  Central Arkansas Christian
2.  Lamar
3.  Two Rivers
4.  Atkins

Boys:
1.  Baptist Prep
2.  Booneville
3.  Mayflower
4.  Fountain Lake

teachers pet

Predictions
Girls:
1. Two Rivers
2. Lamar
3. CAC
4. Atkins
Boys
1. Baptist Prep
2. Booneville
3. Fountain Lake
4. Jessieville

LRRandy

LRRandy

LRRandy

biglion1985

LRRandy

LRRandy

LRRandy

Final

CAC  60

Paris 48

CAC closes on a 19-6 run after falling behind 42-41 early in Q4

LRRandy

teachers pet

teachers pet

Well, that didn't last long. Baptist Prep 34 Perryville 17 half

LRRandy

@ 1/2

Baptist Prep 34

Perryville 17

smallybells

Quote from: teachers pet on February 20, 2019, 06:04:57 pm
Well, that didn't last long. Baptist Prep 34 Perryville 17 half

I didn't figure it would, lol. Thanks for the updates!

LRRandy

LRRandy

LRRandy

LRRandy

LRRandy

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas