• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rose Bud/Corning

Started by coachsearch, February 11, 2019, 10:56:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

coachsearch

Which one of these is a better job?

i40traveler

Arkansasprofit

Is this a low blow, or is this reality as we know it???  How long has Rose Bud had football?

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: coachsearch on February 11, 2019, 10:56:46 am
Which one of these is a better job?

Rose Bud - not even close.  They were 4-6 and a game from the playoffs for first time ever in 2017.  Corning hasn't won in what, three or four years?  Conference Rose Bud is in is easier to navigate, as well.

Neither have much of a future.

Longfellow

Isn't Corning on like a 40 game losing streak?

Jimbo Morphis

Outofmany1

why has Rose Bud had such low numbers for football?

Flobbito

Quote from: Outofmany1 on February 13, 2019, 12:08:07 pm
why has Rose Bud had such low numbers for football?

They are a basketball school foremost.  But even their boys basketball teams have been bad the last few years.  I think boys athletics in general has been down over there.  They had a good 7th grade boys team this year though.

CoolBreeze

February 15, 2019, 10:52:10 am #8 Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 10:58:00 am by CoolBreeze
Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on February 11, 2019, 02:29:28 pm
Rose Bud - not even close.  They were 4-6 and a game from the playoffs for first time ever in 2017.  Corning hasn't won in what, three or four years?  Conference Rose Bud is in is easier to navigate, as well.

Neither have much of a future.
If you look at who they beat that 4-6 record was not much of an accomplishment. They started out 4-1 ans some on this board thought the program had turned the corner. Then, they lost 5 straight conference games in what many believed to be the weakest conference in 3A. And if I remember correctly three of their victims were Episcopal, Quitman, and Marshall. Plus, they have cancelled part of their season at least two of the last three years due to those low numbers.

There's a better than even chance, they won't even be able to field a team for a full season. At least, with Corning that hasn't been a problem.

elvis26

I think it is 42 game losing streak they have not won since 2014

bigchief72455

Quote from: elvis26 on February 24, 2019, 08:22:35 am
I think it is 42 game losing streak they have not won since 2014
And Corning used to be a tough team to play.

Flobbito

Rosebud will always focus their attention on Basketball, unlike Corning they have never once been a good team.  They struggle with numbers taking kids from nearby schools to play in their peewee league, hoping they will want to transfer to Rosebud, but this ends up being a struggle for parents who end up giving up on it because their program is not good.  Vicious catch cycle, resulting in a bad program.

Outofmany1

Rose Bud needs a coach that is willing to stay a long while and build the program. Would be a good idea if he were to assist the pee wee program and get involved in it.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Outofmany1 on February 26, 2019, 11:48:44 am
Rose Bud needs a coach that is willing to stay a long while and build the program. Would be a good idea if he were to assist the pee wee program and get involved in it.

::)

Always amuses me to see guys who "know what they need".  Rose Bud has had good coaches previously.  Rose was there for several years, a very good football guy.  Did not work.  Guys before him were experienced football guys, did not work.  Everybody thinks they can fix something - you'd be better served speaking to those who've been there.

i40traveler

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on February 26, 2019, 06:23:05 pm

Always amuses me to see guys who "know what they need".  Rose Bud has had good coaches previously.  Rose was there for several years, a very good football guy.  Did not work. 

Well if it didnt work, why'd they name the school after him?

Outofmany1

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on February 26, 2019, 06:23:05 pm

Always amuses me to see guys who "know what they need".  Rose Bud has had good coaches previously.  Rose was there for several years, a very good football guy.  Did not work.  Guys before him were experienced football guys, did not work.  Everybody thinks they can fix something - you'd be better served speaking to those who've been there.

Well since you know so much why don't you start throwing out some ideas, instead of bashing anything that is said. And " the what they need"  is just a figure of speech leading off a conversation.  Don't get your panties in a twist.

friscokid

Rose Bud should be doing better than it has been doing in football. Yes, it's a basketball school, but it's not a tiny 1A that a lot of folks think it is. It's a full-blown 3A that should have enough kids.

If they wanted to, there's an opportunity there for kids from Searcy and Vilonia and Beebe and Heber who's riding the bench to go there and play. Of course, the problem is, that won't ever happen if your ability to actually field a team is literally a coin flip.

Quitman started football about the same time they did and they've been OK, not great, but decent and made the playoffs a few times as a 2A. That should be enough to shame Rose Bud into putting in an effort in 3A. Guess not.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: friscokid on March 08, 2019, 02:25:20 pm
Rose Bud should be doing better than it has been doing in football. Yes, it's a basketball school, but it's not a tiny 1A that a lot of folks think it is. It's a full-blown 3A that should have enough kids.

If they wanted to, there's an opportunity there for kids from Searcy and Vilonia and Beebe and Heber who's riding the bench to go there and play. Of course, the problem is, that won't ever happen if your ability to actually field a team is literally a coin flip.

Quitman started football about the same time they did and they've been OK, not great, but decent and made the playoffs a few times as a 2A. That should be enough to shame Rose Bud into putting in an effort in 3A. Guess not.

Series with Quitman is tied 5-5 historically.  Teams have split last two years, last four I think.  Programs are the same - both stink.  One team gets benefit of playing in weak 2A conference.

Rose Bud's best bet at this point is to can the program.  Football is not for everybody and the young men in Rose Bud have proven they don't want to play.  Continuing to put other programs in jeopardy every year is unfair.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: friscokid on March 08, 2019, 02:25:20 pm

The school can dump all the money they want into it if the kids don't want to play then the money won't fix anything...football is not the be all end all sport for every community, like a lot of people think it should be.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 10, 2019, 10:38:41 am
The school can dump all the money they want into it if the kids don't want to play then the money won't fix anything...football is not the be all end all sport for every community, like a lot of people think it should be.

+1

Outstanding.  Many, many districts/programs need to hear this.

The Ref

Have they hired anyone yet?

Outofmany1

DC from Mena from what I have heard.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas