• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A State Bracket 2019

Started by Brian G, February 09, 2019, 12:19:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman44

Quote from: Weiser on February 25, 2019, 02:25:43 pm
From what I understand the Concord, Rural Special, MVE, and Timbo games will be live stream by Lake Area Sports.

Is anyone getting the Concord game on Lake Area Sports?

J.D.

Batman44

Thanks, J D, guess my signal is'ntstrong enough for Lake.

Motownsportsfan

On the girls side district 5 is gonna be a tough out. Good win for concord.

Flobbito

Wow, Concord girls with an impressive win.

J.D.

Concord's girls are solid, and have been tested in close games all year long against other really good teams in conference play.  The result from this game isn't too much of a surprise. 

Concord can't over look the next team, but a decent chance they will make Semi's against either Viola or Wonderview. 

D6Bound

Boy, I'd hate to be a fan of a team that got matched up with one of those girls teams from Region 3. Super talented region!

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: J.D. on February 26, 2019, 08:32:32 pm
Concord's girls are solid, and have been tested in close games all year long against other really good teams in conference play.  The result from this game isn't too much of a surprise. 

Concord can't over look the next team, but a decent chance they will make Semi's against either Viola or Wonderview.
Very well said, J.D. Great win for those Lady Pirates. Ready for another day full of great games.

Woodrow1

Do people still think Nevada or Dermott can beat ICC?

riccoar

February 27, 2019, 07:57:28 am #59 Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:00:06 am by riccoar
I had Concord winning that game.  That makes the second 1A-5 team to beat Kirby this year.

riccoar

Today's live stream on YouTube.  Hopefully the connection issues don't crop up like yesterday.

Flobbito

Quote from: riccoar on February 27, 2019, 07:57:28 am
I had Concord winning that game.  That makes the second 1A-5 team to beat Kirby this year.

The other team from the five that beat them didn't make it out of district, not a knock on them, just a testament to how tough the 1A 5 conference was this year.  gonna be tough again next year too. 

D6Bound

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 27, 2019, 07:08:54 am
The reason why none of them are answering this is because yesterday was the first time they got to watch ICC play this year

SackAttack

Quote from: D6Bound on February 27, 2019, 12:29:23 pm
The reason why none of them are answering this is because yesterday was the first time they got to watch ICC play this year
Okay Sack will bite!! The other 15 teams are just incredibly lucky to be playing in such a fine venue and in the presence of the greatest 1A team ever since the 83 crew!! Sack thinks we are all just lucky and that's all!!

D6Bound

Quote from: SackAttack on February 27, 2019, 12:39:37 pm
Okay Sack will bite!! The other 15 teams are just incredibly lucky to be playing in such a fine venue and in the presence of the greatest 1A team ever since the 83 crew!! Sack thinks we are all just lucky and that's all!!
You think this group is better than any team you've ever coached before Sack Boy-O?

SackAttack

Quote from: D6Bound on February 27, 2019, 12:54:06 pm
You think this group is better than any team you've ever coached before Sack Boy-O?
Sack says Certainly not better than the Boss led 83 crew! Best ever was!!

Basketball_fan23

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 27, 2019, 07:08:54 am

ICC is extremely talented and by far one of the best in the state, but Nevada and Dermott are both solid teams and should not be ruled out.

1a basketball fan

Quote from: Basketball_fan23 on February 27, 2019, 02:54:13 pm
ICC is extremely talented and by far one of the best in the state, but Nevada and Dermott are both solid teams and should not be ruled out.
FACTS!!! I think they both could potentially give them a run for there money

Woodrow1

Quote from: Emanburns20 on February 27, 2019, 03:09:57 pm
FACTS!!! I think they both could potentially give them a run for there money

If the Rattlers played Nevada that close (and should have won), then the clock will run in the 4th if Nevada meets ICC.

D6Bound

Quote from: SackAttack on February 27, 2019, 02:50:36 pm
Sack says Certainly not better than the Boss led 83 crew! Best ever was!!
Mhm. Just remember, D6 knows what he knows as well.

Bluekatz12

The rattlers should have beaten Nevada. Worst screw-in I've seen in awhile.

D6Bound

Quote from: Bluekatz12 on February 27, 2019, 03:22:51 pm
The rattlers should have beaten Nevada. Worst screw-in I've seen in awhile.
I have to disagree. The refs were terrible but Timbo flat out blew it in the end...if I'm interpreting what you meant correctly.

Basketball_fan23

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 27, 2019, 03:16:17 pm
If the Rattlers played Nevada that close (and should have won), then the clock will run in the 4th if Nevada meets ICC.

Catch Nevada on an on night and opinions may change.

D6Bound

Quote from: Basketball_fan23 on February 27, 2019, 03:45:20 pm
Catch Nevada on an on night and opinions may change.
If Nevada has another "off night" then they won't have another night. Especially if they make it to play MVE.

Flobbito

Quote from: D6Bound on February 27, 2019, 03:49:09 pm
If Nevada has another "off night" then they won't have another night. Especially if they make it to play MVE.

Nevada beat MVE in a consolation game for a tournament earlier this year. But first Hillcrest or the New School

Basketball_fan23

Quote from: D6Bound on February 27, 2019, 03:49:09 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but Nevada already beat MVE by double digits.

1a basketball fan

Quote from: Basketball_fan23 on February 27, 2019, 04:01:46 pm
without two starters

D6Bound

Quote from: Basketball_fan23 on February 27, 2019, 04:01:46 pm
Guess we'll find out.

1a basketball fan

Sportzman12

This is state, you can't underestimate anyone. You can't judge a team by seeing one game and Nevada almost blew that game down the stretch with missed free throws and shots. They will be better on Friday

Basketball_fan23

Quote from: Sportzman12 on February 27, 2019, 04:27:30 pm
This is state, you can't underestimate anyone. You can't judge a team by seeing one game and Nevada almost blew that game down the stretch with missed free throws and shots. They will be better on Friday
Truest statement, "you can't underestimate anyone." Good teams will be beat over the next few days and all teams deserve props for making it this far. You never know how it will all play out.

Oxford Cat

I honestly felt bad for Timbo. The two foul calls on 31 to give him his 3rd and 4th fouls were terrible. He couldn't play any defense after that.  Fatigue wore on the Tigers at the end but again I don't think I've ever felt like a team received such one sided officiating as this one. It has been the talk of the tournament today amongst folks that had no dog in the fight.

Buckets

The calls against Timbo last night we're pretty suspect, but neither team seemed to want to win that game.

I'm on the edge of my seat with anticipation to watch the #1 defense in the state. Period.

Katz10

So far the eagles of Bradford aren't having much trouble with the best defense in the tournament

D6Bound

Quote from: Katz10 on February 27, 2019, 06:06:44 pm
So far the eagles of Bradford aren't having much trouble with the best defense in the tournament
Maybe Bradford just has the #1 offense   :o

Ctucker

djyungstylez

These refs are so one-sided it's sad!

Beagleman

If Bradford would have hit the lay ups and free throws Dermott woulda been sent home ICC will beat the breaks off them

beach bum

Quote from: djyungstylez on February 27, 2019, 06:40:27 pm
These refs are so one-sided it's sad!

Let me translate his post for those who can't speak Whine-lish.....

"The team I want to win isn't winning so I better place the blame on the refs instead of just accepting the better team won"

Woodrow1

Quote from: Beagleman on February 27, 2019, 06:50:14 pm
If Bradford would have hit the lay ups and free throws Dermott woulda been sent home ICC will beat the breaks off them

There is no possible way Nevada or Dermott will beat ICC. I'd say it will be a 20-30 pt game.

J.D.

Upset if the tournament so far.

Emerson defeats Mt.Vernon-Enola 62-54.

arstatechamp13

Fleaflicker

Concord 24
Bradley 23
At half
Bradley has guys in foul trouble. One with 4 and another with 3 sorry I didn't catch names

yesteryearman

Quote from: J.D. on February 27, 2019, 08:36:55 pm
Upset if the tournament so far.

Emerson defeats Mt.Vernon-Enola 62-54.

Why is it an upset?  Because a 3 beat a 2, because a Region 4 beat a Region 3, because a bunch of sophmores beat a district 5 team or because a  girls team south of Little Rock won a game?    Emerson was better........end of story........

riccoar

Quote from: Fleaflicker on February 27, 2019, 09:18:36 pm
Concord 24
Bradley 23
At half
Bradley has guys in foul trouble. One with 4 and another with 3 sorry I didn't catch names
I believe numbers 23 and 30.

riccoar

Boys

Bradley - 36
Concord - 44

end of 3Q

Bryar Cousins with 25 pts.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 27, 2019, 09:22:41 pm
Why is it an upset?  Because a 3 beat a 2, because a Region 4 beat a Region 3, because a bunch of sophmores beat a district 5 team or because a  girls team south of Little Rock won a game?    Emerson was better........end of story........

Pregame on paper they weren't.....especially with how young they are...good win for the Lady Pirates, future looks good for them..

arstatechamp13

J.D.

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 24, 2019, 08:43:20 am
Girls

MVE vs Norfork
Kirby vs Wonderview

MVE vs Kirby

Kirby

Boys

ICC vs does it matter
Nevada vs Kirby

ICC vs does it matter

ICC

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 27, 2019, 09:22:41 pm

Timeout, nobody said Emerson wasn't the better team today?  They played really hard and deserved to move on to play Alpena.

However, you mean to tell me that a team YOU picked to make the State Finals lost in the first round and it isn't an upset?

I understand that you're upset with the way Region 4 is getting disrespected on this board but there will come a time when Region 4 will get to beat it's chest.  Might not be this year, but give it time. 

Congratulations to Emerson.  Best of luck rest of the way.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas