• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A State Bracket 2019

Started by Brian G, February 09, 2019, 12:19:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

D6Bound

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 01, 2019, 09:30:20 am
😂 all it takes is a bad night. The almighty Norfork girls just took a turbo clock butt kicking last night and people were ready to hand them the trophy since November so I'd say anything can happen. That's why we have a tournament instead of taking a vote. If ICC goes back to back that's great but they haven't even won the first one yet. Just some pretty large statements to be making. Maybe they should start traveling out of state to play some competition since Arkansas is too weak for that tier of talent
Norfork's girls had two key players tear their ACL's. It wasn't just because they had a "bad night" or whatever you're inferring.

riccoar

Today's Lineup of Games

Girls

Alpena vs. Emerson 1:00 pm

Boys

County Line vs. Concord  2:30 pm

Girls

Concord vs. Jasper  4:00 pm

Boys

Nevada vs. Deer  5:30 pm

Girls

Wonderview vs. Viola  7:00 pm

Boys

Mt. Vernon-Enola vs.  Hillcrest  8:30 pm

arstatechamp13

Yeah anytime you're out your two best players makes for a bad night. Anything can happen. I just think it's silly to say that a team is going to win state twice in a row unopposed. Best team doesn't always win. Sometimes they get upset in regionals or the first round of state. Sometimes people get hurt etc. etc.  If ICC stays healthy, never plays bad, and no other teams get a lot better over next summer, sure Give ICC the trophy. Unfortunately that's part of what makes up the game of basketball. Variables. They always exist

Flobbito

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 01, 2019, 09:56:18 am
Yeah anytime you're out your two best players makes for a bad night. Anything can happen. I just think it's silly to say that a team is going to win state twice in a row unopposed. Best team doesn't always win. Sometimes they get upset in regionals or the first round of state. Sometimes people get hurt etc. etc.  If ICC stays healthy, never plays bad, and no other teams get a lot better over next summer, sure Give ICC the trophy. Unfortunately that's part of what makes up the game of basketball. Variables. They always exist

If no one gets hurt for ICC, they have most of their production returning, so yeah it would seem that they would be a favorite again next year. But they still have to finish this year first.  Next year I think we will see several of the same teams back at the state tournament that are/were here this year.

jeremiahjohnson

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 01, 2019, 09:30:20 am
😂 all it takes is a bad night. The almighty Norfork girls just took a turbo clock butt kicking last night and people were ready to hand them the trophy since November so I'd say anything can happen. That's why we have a tournament instead of taking a vote. If ICC goes back to back that's great but they haven't even won the first one yet. Just some pretty large statements to be making. Maybe they should start traveling out of state to play some competition since Arkansas is too weak for that tier of talent
RS is surely pulling for Viola as Wonderview appears to be their kryptonite, if they get by my expected matchup with a very good Alpena.

arstatechamp13

I'm right with you Flob. Not saying they shouldn't be a favorite. Even from this point forward. But just hand them the trophy? Sorry. Got a long way to go

Buckets

Quote from: djyungstylez on March 01, 2019, 07:26:51 am
Are you blind?

A grown man can admit when he's wrong, and it looks like I've got some owning up to do.

#14 is 5' 11" not 5'10"

I appreciate you holding me accountable, thanks friend.

Flobbito

Quote from: D6Bound on March 01, 2019, 09:38:33 am
Norfork's girls had two key players tear their ACL's. It wasn't just because they had a "bad night" or whatever you're inferring.

Both seniors too, and that is so unfortunate, I thought they showed a lot of heart getting to the state tournament like they did. 

Flobbito

For tonight's match up between MVE and Hillcrest:  Hillcrest 3-2 and MVE 5-4 against common opponents, and Hillcrest beat MVE in the first game of the year 78-73.  MVE's boys have given nearly everyone in the community heart palpitations with the way they have been winning lately, but they are winning.  I think it will be a great game, probably decided by 5 points or less.  I'll go with my home team, MVE by 2.

waterboyh20

Quote from: Flobbito on March 01, 2019, 11:01:08 am
For tonight's match up between MVE and Hillcrest:  Hillcrest 3-2 and MVE 5-4 against common opponents, and Hillcrest beat MVE in the first game of the year 78-73.  MVE's boys have given nearly everyone in the community heart palpitations with the way they have been winning lately, but they are winning.  I think it will be a great game, probably decided by 5 points or less.  I'll go with my home team, MVE by 2.

If Rose isn't 100%, not sure they can play with MVE.

Flobbito

Quote from: waterboyh20 on March 01, 2019, 11:23:44 am
If Rose isn't 100%, not sure they can play with MVE.

Good teams have a way of overcoming adversity to win, I hope the young man is okay.

Oxford Cat

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 01, 2019, 09:21:51 am
Do you see anybody competing with ICC this year, next year, or year after that?  If answer is no, then yes it was a serious statement.  Thus, it will be 2021-2022 before there will be any real competition for state championship.  So, who will be playing in 2021-2022, kids who are currently in junior high.....if you think someone will compete with ICC over next 3 years then you can take it as not serious I guess.
Just saying, ICC won their Jr. High district and had the best freshman in the conference in Gleghorn. Coach McCandlis has the program rolling!

Sportzman12

I'm thinking we're gonna get our ICC and Nevada rematch from 2008 in Hot Springs.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sportzman12 on March 01, 2019, 07:07:55 pm
I'm thinking we're gonna get our ICC and Nevada rematch from 2008 in Hot Springs.

After watching Nevada today and 3Q of Hillcrest/MVE I think your right

ScreaminEagle99

Go Eagles!!!  It will be tough but this group is ready!!  We want one more chance at ICC in hot springs!!!  Nevada is very good however!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas