• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Girls Regional Predictions

Started by GoodGuy, February 01, 2019, 09:08:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodGuy

So with conference play getting close to being done this is who I could see making it to regionals:

The North Region is the 3 & 6
Out of the 3 the 4 teams going to regionals could be Melbourne, Riverside, Maraduke and Sloan Hendrix.
Out of the 6 after Earle, Lee and EPC it seems up for grabs with Marked Tree getting the slight edge.

The Central Region is the 5 North and 5 South
The 5N has Quitman, Pangburn, Des Arc and Nemo Vista or St. Joe looking like the teams that will make it.
The 5S has Bigelow, England, Poyen and Carlisle at the top of the standings.

The West Region is between 1 & 4
The 1 is somewhat up for grabs with Cotter and Eureka Springs looking strong and then the next two spots between Flippin, Decataur and Yellville-Summit
The 4 has strong teams as well in Danville and Lavaca and then Hector and Hackett filling out the other spots most likely.

The South Region is between the 7 & 8
The 7 has solid teams is Cossatot River, MT. Ida, Murfreesboro and Acorn.
The 8 looks like Junction, Spring Hill and Harmony Grove will come out with Woodlawn, Hampton and Parkers Chapel battling for the last spot.

I'm thinking that these teams make it out of regionals:
North- Earle, Melbourne, Riverside and then either Lee or Marmaduke
Central- Quitman, Bigelow, England, and then Poyen or Pangburn
West- Danville, Lavaca, Eureka Springs and Cotter
South- Junction City, Spring Hill, Cossatot River and then its between Mt. Ida, Harmony Grove and Murfreesboro.

The State Tournament bracket has the North and West regions matching up in the first round and the Central lining up with the South.

I know that this is sports so anyone can win any given night but this is just who I think have the best chance of moving through the post season. Please tell me who you think moves on and what I got wrong.

RedWolf275

I see a Melbourne vs Earle regional final in the north region at Rector. This will be a game to see! Of course, anything is possible as always.

KATZ

54Bearkatz2014

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 01, 2019, 09:33:38 am
I see a Melbourne vs Earle regional final in the north region at Rector. This will be a game to see! Of course, anything is possible as always.

I agree, these are the two best teams in the region. I think it could also be a preview of the state championship game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas