• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting resignation letter...

Started by SUGARTOWN, January 17, 2019, 12:48:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

January 17, 2019, 12:48:54 pm Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:52:32 pm by SUGARTOWN
I don't know the whole story here but I applaud this coach. I have a feeling she will get another job real soon.

And it sounds familiar to what happens in a few places around our state, doesn't it? The parents and administration think they know better than the coach.

https://twitter.com/KaleSteed/status/1085671620436475905

7AFball

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 17, 2019, 12:48:54 pm
I don't know the whole story here but I applaud this coach. I have a feeling she will get another job real soon.

And it sounds familiar to what happens in a few places around our state, doesn't it? The parents and administration think they know better than the coach.

Great letter of resignation, "sugar"coating things that were actually so distasteful. Any applicant for her job will have to bow down to admin and parents and can't really feel good about going to that school but likely will for the money involved. Arkansas coaching situations mirror this situation so often. A shame. In the 50-70s, things were a LOT different. Students wanted to be taught, learn from teammates, respect the coach's decisions, and in many cases had a better home environment to grow up in, etc. The 50s thru 70s guided student maturation and had less "ego" oriented athletes. It is what it is, as other FF posters say... I agree.  :-[

sevenof400

I hear you on this:

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 17, 2019, 12:48:54 pm

...but why is there a part of me that thinks a LOT of districts will make a good show with respect toward showing interest in this coach, but in the end pick another candidate. 

Administrations are feckless these days. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 7AFball on January 17, 2019, 03:50:17 pm
Great letter of resignation, "sugar"coating things that were actually so distasteful. Any applicant for her job will have to bow down to admin and parents and can't really feel good about going to that school but likely will for the money involved. Arkansas coaching situations mirror this situation so often. A shame. In the 50-70s, things were a LOT different. Students wanted to be taught, learn from teammates, respect the coach's decisions, and in many cases had a better home environment to grow up in, etc. The 50s thru 70s guided student maturation and had less "ego" oriented athletes. It is what it is, as other FF posters say... I agree.  :-[

What's interesting is....it was the generation that "wanted" to be taught....that did the raising, or maybe lack of raising the generations that everyone gripes about now.

7AFball

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 17, 2019, 07:21:50 pm
What's interesting is....it was the generation that "wanted" to be taught....that did the raising, or maybe lack of raising the generations that everyone gripes about now.
hmmmm.  Never thought of it that way. Yep, once the "non raising" trend started, it can only get worse, since those past generation kids can only raise their kids how THEY were taught. Slow process but generations seem to be passing by fast in my mind. I have great grandkids, so that's THREE generations removed from my upbringing.. Anyway, hmmmm. TU for post.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas