• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Christian

Started by francocat, December 31, 2018, 11:15:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

francocat

Rumor has it that Conway Christian's numbers are supposed to be way down in 2019 & several of the few returning players are transferring. Anybody have any insight into their situation?

arkansasprepfootball

Can't speak to their senior high numbers, but do know they did not / could not field a traditional junior high team this past season.

mrknowitall

They could have fielded a traditional JR high team. They just wouldn't have been very good!

mrknowitall

Just ask magnet cove. I think their non traditional JR high team dropped 50 points on magnets JR. High jv team!

i40traveler

I've heard they are headed to 8 man.

BearCats9

I think the team has just lost some moral because this past season was supposed to be the season where CC might go to state and it just didn't workout. So I think a couple of the players want to go see if they can make it work somewhere else. Which is respectable but a little disheartening for the teammates.

Dragon I

Giving up when it's tough doesn't = respectable.  Jmo

old.dole

That mentality is what's wrong with kids these days. Hope that ain't really how they feel

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dragon I on January 07, 2019, 06:24:17 pm
Giving up when it’s tough doesn’t = respectable.  Jmo
AMEN

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: old.dole on January 07, 2019, 10:48:35 pm
That mentality is what’s wrong with kids these days. Hope that ain’t really how they feel
AMEN AGAIN

hawgball3

They arent heading to 8 man. They lost 9 starters who most of which except 2 or 3 went both ways. It is just alot to figure out for the team but again they have quite a while to get with it. one kid has for sure left to go play at conway public schools and others have mentioned that they might as well. It could be a completely different team next year than what CC has had in the past, With losing all but one of their offensive passing game.

FoxandHound34

January 08, 2019, 06:09:05 pm #11 Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:13:47 pm by FoxandHound34
Sounds like they ought to move to 8 man then hawgball, they may compete then

Hawgpilot

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on January 08, 2019, 06:09:05 pm
Sounds like they ought to move to 8 man then hawgball, they may compete then

So for a new program, you don't believe CC has been able to compete with other 1A schools?

mrknowitall

Looking at their roster in Max preps...they have their freshmen listed...they have 28 kids on the roster...so would losing 3-4 kids warrant going to 8 man?

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Hawgpilot on January 09, 2019, 10:28:16 am
So for a new program, you don't believe CC has been able to compete with other 1A schools?
2A

hawgball3

Quote from: mrknowitall on January 09, 2019, 06:44:50 pm
Looking at their roster in Max preps...they have their freshmen listed...they have 28 kids on the roster...so would losing 3-4 kids warrant going to 8 man?
the 9 seniors are listed as well so you are looking at 19 people

mrknowitall

obviously, i wouldn't count the sr.s if i were talking about what they will have next season. After a recount there are actually 30 kids that are 9th-11th grades!

It really is pretty easy....

www.maxpreps.com

and search the school you want to look at!

Hawgpilot

coachdude75

The people in this chat have no clue what is going on at CC and the fact that "that's what is wrong with kids these days" is just plain dumb. Some kids just want to have a better chance at succeeding in their career or continuing to do something they love at a higher level. so doubt all you want but the kids who have left will just progress in their own way while CC won't be moving to 8man they just have to figure out a new game plan.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas