• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Razorback Baseball 2019

Started by bulldoghistorian, December 18, 2018, 01:35:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

WPWells

I've planned two trips home so far, so I'll make at least six games this year. Have to figure out how I'm going to get to more...

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: WPWells on January 25, 2019, 10:00:08 am
I've planned two trips home so far, so I'll make at least six games this year. Have to figure out how I'm going to get to more...
I hope to make at least four this year more if I can

bulldoghistorian

Lumberjackfan1978

beach bum

February 02, 2019, 11:06:02 am #15 Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:07:35 am by beach bum
While I was waiting for the state indoor track meet to start at the U of A I went into Baum Stadium to catch about 20 minutes of the scrimmage the team was having between each other. Conner Noland needs to cut football out and stick with baseball only. He was on the mound while I was there and he has good stuff. He keeps the ball down with the fastball and a couple of times with a faster curveball he uses it has some quick, nasty break that the hitters looked lost on. If he works on a well located change up as he ages to go with that you are talking about quite the pitcher.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on February 02, 2019, 11:06:02 am
While I was waiting for the state indoor track meet to start at the U of A I went into Baum Stadium to catch about 20 minutes of the scrimmage the team was having between each other. Conner Noland needs to cut football out. He was on the mound while I was there and he has good stuff on the mound. He keeps the ball down with the fastball and a couple of times with a faster curveball he uses it has some quick, nasty break that the hitters looked lost on.

He will focus on baseball when the dust settles. Morris isn't going to wait on development of what is already on the roster. I truly feel like it's the smu kid's year to shine. And I wouldn't be surprised if KJ redshirts and Morris goes after ANOTHER Texas grad transfer gunslinger.

Morris doesn't like to lose. And isn't a loser. He truly wants to win now and this hometown favoritism mess doesn't cut it with him.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on February 02, 2019, 11:09:09 am
He will focus on baseball when the dust settles. Morris isn't going to wait on development of what is already on the roster. I truly feel like it's the smu kid's year to shine. And I wouldn't be surprised if KJ redshirts and Morris goes after ANOTHER Texas grad transfer gunslinger.

Morris doesn't like to lose. And isn't a loser. He truly wants to win now and this hometown favoritism mess doesn't cut it with him.

It was a small sample size I saw, but it just has the look of an SEC stud pitcher in the making in a year or so once he gets the experience at the new level.

bulldoghistorian

Every game this season, including the midweek games during the day, will be carried on 103.7 The Buzz!
Unless a time conflict with basketball, as I understand.

bulldoghistorian

While I was waiting for the state indoor track meet to start at the U of A I went into Baum Stadium to catch about 20 minutes of the scrimmage the team was having between each other. Conner Noland needs to cut football out and stick with baseball only. He was on the mound while I was there and he has good stuff. He keeps the ball down with the fastball and a couple of times with a faster curveball he uses it has some quick, nasty break that the hitters looked lost on. If he works on a well located change up as he ages to go with that you are talking about quite the pitcher.
He will start Saturday!

Lumberjackfan1978

Lumberjackfan1978

they really seem to be high on Noland, I'm ready to see him pitch.

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Isaiah Campbell sets Eastern Illinois down in order in the top of the 1st

bulldoghistorian

Bottom 3rd: Trevor Ezell with the 1st run of the season, a solo shot, then Campbell sets EIU in order in the top of the 4th.
Arkansas 1
EIU 0
Bottom 4th

bulldoghistorian

Freshman Christian Franklin 3 run home run
Bottom 4th, 4-0

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Casey Opitz 2 run double
8-0, still in the 4th

bulldoghistorian

Jack Kenley with a single to score Opitz from 2nd
Arkansas 9
EIU 0
End 4th

bulldoghistorian

February 16, 2019, 01:46:25 pm #33 Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 01:55:20 pm by bulldoghistorian
EIU plates 3 runs on 5 hits in the 5th, but the Hogs still lead 9-3 bottom 5th

bulldoghistorian

Ezell 2 run double, followed by RBI singles by Matt Goodheart and Casey Opitz
Arkansas 13
EIU 3
End 5th

bulldoghistorian

Bottom 6th, Jack Kenley solo shot
It's 14-4 Hogs

bulldoghistorian

Opitz sac fly with bases loaded to score Ezell
Arkansas 15
EIU 4
End 7th

bulldoghistorian

EIU gets a 3 run home run in the 8th, but the Hogs are still in control 15-7 headed to bottom 8th

bulldoghistorian

Arkansas 15
EIU 7
Final
Game 2 in 30 minutes

bulldoghistorian

Noland's 1st pitch is a strike and game 2 is under way!

bulldoghistorian

Noland issues a 2 out walk in the 1st but no harm done, 2 strikeouts
Hogs coming to the plate in the bottom of the 1st

bulldoghistorian

February 16, 2019, 04:26:57 pm #41 Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:33:05 pm by bulldoghistorian
Bottom 2nd, the 1st at bat of the season for Jordan McFarland is an RBI single to score Dominic Fletcher.
Arkansas 1
EIU 0
2 outs

bulldoghistorian

February 16, 2019, 04:29:31 pm #42 Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:34:53 pm by bulldoghistorian
Zack Plunkett RBI single to score McFarland to make it 2-0
End 2nd

bulldoghistorian

February 16, 2019, 07:02:47 pm #43 Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:18:29 pm by bulldoghistorian
Arkansas 12
EIU 3
Final
Go for the sweep tomorrow at 1

bdubyab60

Something to look forward to finally

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Jacob Kostyshock steps to the mound and game 3 is under way

bulldoghistorian

He gives up a hit with 1 out, but a 6-4-3 DP ends the top of the 1st