• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for the UofG parents....

Started by Baitshop, December 13, 2018, 04:26:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Baitshop

December 13, 2018, 04:26:06 pm Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:44:34 pm by Baitshop
As some of you may be aware, Fort Smith passed a serious millage this past summer. Included in millage is building 9th grade centers at both Southside and Northside. One of the issues that I think that we may struggle with is with having enough gym space after adding girls basketball, boys basketball and volleyball. We will be building a new 2500 seat gymnasium to go with our current separate "girls" gym and will be turning the current gym into additional cafeteria space for the additional 500+ students that will be added.

My question is that I know that Greenwood added their 9th grade center a few years ago also. How do you allocate the gyms to facilitate three added teams and their games i.e. do the 9th graders still practice during the last period of the day? Or have you had to move them to different periods throughout the day?Also, what do you do about the gym space for practice when you have 9th grade games on those days?

Inquiring minds want to know

Maynard G Krebs

GW will never reveal their secrets to you, Bait!

Baitshop

December 13, 2018, 07:56:43 pm #2 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 07:58:45 pm by Baitshop
*Baitshop whispers*

Shhhh, they're not that smart. I'll get 'em talkin' and the next thing you know, one or them will be slippin" me CRJ's entire playbook behind Farmers Bank in broad daylight...

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on December 13, 2018, 07:56:43 pm
*Baitshop whispers*

Shhhh, they're not that smart. I'll get 'em talkin' and the next thing you know, one or them will be slippin" me CRJ's entire playbook behind Farmers Bank in broad daylight...
Our 9th grade plays outside.

Jimbo Morphis

ricepig

Quote from: Oldman on December 14, 2018, 10:26:37 am
Greenwood has a gym?

Just for the girls, I don't think the have a boys team.

incogneto

Quote from: Baitshop on December 13, 2018, 07:56:43 pm
*Baitshop whispers*

I will give you the playbook.  It won't help you though.

rzrbackfan

Quote from: incogneto on December 20, 2018, 11:42:53 pm
I will give you the playbook.  It won't help you though.

What is the Greenwood record VS the Fort Smith Schools?  Like 500 - 1 in favor of Greenwood?  Is there even a reason to play the games?  Not even a Greenwood fan but questioning if they have a gym is funny but lets be real has anyone seen their campus?  Fields, Gyms, and practice facilities top notch!  Heck their resource officers drive Humvees!!!  I am in total agreement, I doubt they need to worry about FS teams having their playbooks.  Maybe if they gave you some players it would help.

blueandwhite

Shouldn't you said give Fort Smith back their player? LOL
Since everybody knows Greenwood recruits Fort Smith.

tomdawg55

What's this "basketball " that you speak of ?

sssuperpantherfan2

The city has no control over where the milage tax is spent once it goes to the state. You can only hope you get your money from due process. Officials always play 'the school needs new....' to get a new tax passed. In reality the school officials need to petition the state for funds, the money is there waiting for someone to ask for it, you just have to be persistent to get it. Siloam Springs citizens pushed back on the the milage rate increases because they kept saying they will have to shut down bus services if they don't get it.  A state official commented about the taxes and it was printed in the paper.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas