• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Way to Early top 5 for 2019

Started by i40traveler, December 10, 2018, 10:52:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

i40traveler

1. Junction City
2. Hazen
3. Fordyce
4. Gurdon
5. Des Arc

What say you?

Rida4Life

1. Hazen
2. Fordyce
3. Gurdon
4. Junction City
5. Earle

Old Scrapper

1-Marvell
2-La. county
3-Midland
4-Cutter morning Star
5-Springhill

MDXPHD

How many kids does JC have? if they have 60, I'll go ahead and put them at 1.

Hazen won't be there again next year. They got exposed too much in the championship game and their offense is too simple to defend.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 10, 2018, 01:15:10 pm

Hazen won't be there again next year. They got exposed too much in the championship game and their offense is too simple to defend.
13-1 record, only one team was able to stop that simple offense.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 10, 2018, 01:20:38 pm

A JC poster made this point in another thread.  Makes sense.

Look at the number of times JC made it to the semi's and came short when matched up against even competition from 2001-2011.  Look at what they have done with the same athletes since they opened the offense up and made it more difficult to defend.  Hazen had the athletes to do it with.  Can you imagine their QB not having to run into 9 and 10 man boxes?

i40traveler

First team to outscore them.  They didn't really stop them.  Hazens D didn't get the job done.  22 should be enough to win in the state championship

MDXPHD

They played in a terrible conference - I do agree they beat some above average teams in the playoffs though. They got too cute with coaching and went for the fake punt. I think they got exposed and they will run through their weak conference again next year - only to lose in the playoffs. Nobody will be surprised. They have great athletes and should have been able to do more in the championship. That's coaching.

Quote from: i40traveler on December 10, 2018, 01:27:56 pm
First team to outscore them.  They didn't really stop them.  Hazens D didn't get the job done.  22 should be enough to win in the state championship

Didn't stop them? Interesting perspective.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 10, 2018, 01:29:29 pm
They played in a terrible conference - I do agree they beat some above average teams in the playoffs though. They got too cute with coaching and went for the fake punt. I think they got exposed and they will run through their weak conference again next year - only to lose in the playoffs. Nobody will be surprised. They have great athletes and should have been able to do more in the championship. That's coaching.

Didn't stop them? Interesting perspective.

terrible conference? yea, 3 of the final 8 is terrible.

Dragon I

Holding someone to 250 yards when they're use to getting 400+ is stopping them.

MDXPHD

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 10, 2018, 01:46:00 pm
terrible conference? yea, 3 of the final 8 is terrible.

You can't really sit there and tell me the conference is good just because it was top heavy.

Hazen, Earle, and Des Arc were the only teams with a winning record in the whole conference. The rest of your conference went 11-37. Get outa here.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 10, 2018, 02:03:02 pm
You can't really sit there and tell me the conference is good just because it was top heavy.

Hazen, Earle, and Des Arc were the only teams with a winning record in the whole conference. The rest of your conference went 11-37. Get outa here.

look at every conference, they are all that way. geez, some folks should not be able to post on here.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on December 10, 2018, 01:55:36 pm
Holding someone to 250 yards when they're use to getting 400+ is stopping them.

des arc held them to 241, we just lost though. lol

MDXPHD

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 10, 2018, 02:20:41 pm

look at every conference, they are all that way. geez, some folks should not be able to post on here.

Oh the irony in this statement.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 10, 2018, 02:27:27 pm
Oh the irony in this statement.

says the guy who post nonsense without doing any research at all, if you had, you would notice your comments are meaningless.

MDXPHD

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 10, 2018, 03:20:59 pm
says the guy who post nonsense without doing any research at all, if you had, you would notice your comments are meaningless.

And the irony just won't stop!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 10, 2018, 03:39:29 pm
And the irony just won't stop!!

dang, talk about someone unequipped for a discussion. you cant back up anything you spew out. maybe you should get off the 2A boards, seems like you are just don't have the knowledge to be down here with the lowly schools.

MDXPHD

December 10, 2018, 04:24:09 pm #17 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:44:01 pm by MDXPHD
Na. You can't even handle when somebody criticizes your conference. Touchy touchy down here.

bleudog

December 10, 2018, 05:14:58 pm #18 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 07:38:05 pm by bleudog
How many kids does JC have? if they have 60, I'll go ahead and put them at 1...........................

151, if the plan to test the waters in Texas and Mississippi next year comes to fruition.  ::)

dragondad

Should be somewhere around 35 or so..... The same as nearly every year for the last 20, or so.

Old Scrapper

Year after year all but one team loses in the playoffs. Imagine that

dragondad

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 10, 2018, 05:41:15 pm
Year after year all but one team loses in the playoffs. Imagine that

Aweeee......

Hornetsfan02

Hazen and JC will meet again next year in LR. JC will be there pretty much every year they are in 2a and hazen doesn't lose any athletes. Bigger linemen have a chance to prove them selves this spring. Oh and trust me you will think the offense will be plenty basic when they go 14-0 again next year

Dragon I

Then lose in LR?   ???   Odd prediction.

dragondad

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on December 10, 2018, 08:30:02 pm
Hazen and JC will meet again next year in LR. JC will be there pretty much every year they are in 2a and hazen doesn't lose any athletes. Bigger linemen have a chance to prove them selves this spring. Oh and trust me you will think the offense will be plenty basic when they go 13-1 again next year

FIFY

Hornetsfan02

Cause I know how good JC is. 14-0 til the rock. Then JC comes along. But who knows. Maybe jc has a RB or QB or some key player get hurt and hazen walks away with the ring. But until then, I'll just say we go 14-0 next year

dragondad

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on December 10, 2018, 09:17:07 pm
Cause I know how good JC is. 14-0 til the rock. Then JC comes along. But who knows. Maybe jc has a RB or QB or some key player get hurt and hazen walks away with the ring. But until then, I'll just say we go 14-0 next year

Quite possible,  I was just pointing out that they wont go 14-0 "again" because they didnt go 14-0 this year.... 13-0 yes.... but not 14-0

Hasbeen92

What do you know about exposure or offense

Bearden_Bear72

Sparkman
Hermitage

Those are the only two you need to know

amehr36

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on December 10, 2018, 01:25:13 pm
A JC poster made this point in another thread.  Makes sense.

Look at the number of times JC made it to the semi's and came short when matched up against even competition from 2001-2011.  Look at what they have done with the same athletes since they opened the offense up and made it more difficult to defend.  Hazen had the athletes to do it with.  Can you imagine their QB not having to run into 9 and 10 man boxes?
Look how many times Barton, Wynne and junction won running the ball Hazen s QB is a tide end (he's playing QB because he's an athlete) you people think you can just throw the ball and all your problems go away why do you think the razorbacks ran the ball so much this year with a passing coach because passing takes time to execute and not many 2A schools have the type of QB to throw it or can devote the time to teach it very hard to take the time to coach a passing game with 3-4 coaches so many bad things happen if you don't execute passing the ball junctions QB completed some passes but most were 50/50 balls the only on point and true passing play was the slant across the middle for a touchdown in south end zone the only 2A school I saw this that could pass was Conway Christian and they had an elite QB for 2A In 2A a balanced offense is having a threat to pass. Name the teams that won state championships in 2A that passed 40% of the time for everyone you name 10 that passed less than 15% of their plays

Bearden_Bear72

Who really try's thou?  Conway Christian is one team that I know and everyone can admit they are getting better every season it seems like.  It is a lot harder to install a pass offense then a run offense in my opinion.  It comes down to time of possession and clock control in many situations.  That one reason I think Mt. Ida and other teams like it has done well so many times even when talent and numbers are low. 

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 10, 2018, 10:53:25 pm
Who really try's thou?  Conway Christian is one team that I know and everyone can admit they are getting better every season it seems like.  It is a lot harder to install a pass offense then a run offense in my opinion.  It comes down to time of possession and clock control in many situations.  That one reason I think Mt. Ida and other teams like it has done well so many times even when talent and numbers are low.
I bet CC won't be better next year without wood and receivers have you noticed that most of the teams that pass effectively are private schools in lower classifications maybe more practice time maybe smarter players maybe more volunteer coaching maybe more 7 on 7 opportunities

Bearden_Bear72

Only time will tell for CC.  And every player has the capability of learning pass offense.  Kids are not just smarter because they live 5 miles down the road.  It all has to do with coaching.  7 on 7 isn't hard to find at all.  The true reason no smaller schools do pass is because small school coaches usually don't want to take the time to teach it. 

Bearden_Bear72

I'm not trying to argue really.  I just think that if a coach has the resources and puts in the time then a pass dominant offense could work well in 2A.  Even Conway Christian didn't have a great passing attack just good compared to other 2A schools

Dragon I

We're going back and forth in multiple threads.  I'm not saying throw the ball all over the field.  I'm saying throw when it's there to keep an evenly matched team from stacking the line.  Both teams were run first teams Friday.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 10, 2018, 11:34:07 pm
Only time will tell for CC.  And every player has the capability of learning pass offense.  Kids are not just smarter because they live 5 miles down the road.  It all has to do with coaching.  7 on 7 isn't hard to find at all.  The true reason no smaller schools do pass is because small school coaches usually don't want to take the time to teach it.
Or 2A coaches don't get paid enough to spend time to coach it and they have a limited staff with a limited budget I wasn't saying every private school kid was smart I was just giving some reasons as to why all the or most private schools pass 7on7 cost money and time ( this is just my opinion)

Hornetsfan02

Hazen will be a different offense next year. Backs will be stronger and faster. We want to put about 20 pounds on #12 (best receiver), and we have a truly special talent moving up at the end of the season. He plays QB and is amazing as an 8th grader this year. He has a cannon of an arm and has amazing accuracy. And he doesn't get rattled under pressure.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on December 11, 2018, 07:39:21 am
Hazen will be a different offense next year. Backs will be stronger and faster. We want to put about 20 pounds on #12 (best receiver), and we have a truly special talent moving up at the end of the season. He plays QB and is amazing as an 8th grader this year. He has a cannon of an arm and has amazing accuracy. And he doesn't get rattled under pressure.

How much pressure has he faced in 8th grade?

Old Scrapper

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 11, 2018, 08:06:43 am
It will be like night and day.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 11, 2018, 09:12:39 am
It will be like night and day.

Agreed. There's a huge difference between 8th grade and High School. In every facet of the game.

Hasbeen92

12 is good and I don't just say that about anyone

Hasbeen92

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 11, 2018, 09:14:16 am
Agreed. There's a huge difference between 8th grade and High School. In every facet of the game.
8th grade is junior high

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 11, 2018, 08:06:43 am
practiced with our starting senior high defense a couple of times. Not many 8th graders can handle that.

THA TRUTH

Hornetsfan02

You will when you have to play him 😂

Hasbeen92

godgiven999

Look for Gurdon to get out if the wishbone and get their athletes in space. If not look for a new OC in 2020! Hopeful  ;D

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 10, 2018, 11:02:08 am
1. Hazen
2. Fordyce
3. Gurdon
4. Junction City
5. Earle

The most idiotic ranking ever posted

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas