• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Boys Top 10

Started by wait4it, November 30, 2018, 11:04:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: J12 on February 25, 2019, 08:29:19 am
Rumor has it that they're going to go ahead and give Mills the championship before this the tournament this week. Whomever has played them the closest will automatically be given runner up! Such an honor that Blytheville and Westside are tied for that (sorry Brookland - you lost by 7)!

Great seasons everyone!! No need to play this tournament.

Thats a good one lol I've been following the whole Brookland/Westside thing in other threads as well. It is quite entertaining lol

Frank Abagnale Jr.

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 25, 2019, 08:26:22 am
This is the bottom half of the Bracket. Mills is at the top half of the bracket. No one can discredit LR Mills, they are loaded every year!

I thought you said semifinals, not quarter finals! My apologies!

Quote from: J12 on February 25, 2019, 08:29:19 am
Rumor has it that they're going to go ahead and give Mills the championship before this the tournament this week. Whomever has played them the closest will automatically be given runner up! Such an honor that Blytheville and Westside are tied for that (sorry Brookland - you lost by 7)!

Great seasons everyone!! No need to play this tournament.

After watching Westside play this past week, I'm not sure they have what it takes to win state. They are a good team, and in my opinion Felkins is the best player, but they will have to play near perfect basketball to win the championship this year. It's possible, but I would put them at around 4/5 with Mills, Blytheville, and at least Magnolia ahead of them at this point. Of course, they do have some state tournament experience that could go a long ways when this thing starts.

J12

My post wasn't directed towards Westside winning it all. It's a dig at all that have crowned LR Mills before this tournament has even started.

If anything, there's more parody in this state tournament than years past.  Baptist Prep dominated in this region and state, unlike Mills has thus far.

Unless LR Mills had an off week last week, they're not near as dominant as some made them out to be.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: J12 on February 25, 2019, 09:09:39 am
My post wasn't directed towards Westside winning it all. It's a dig at all that have crowned LR Mills before this tournament has even started.

If anything, there's more parody in this state tournament than years past.  Baptist Prep dominated in this region and state, unlike Mills has thus far.

Unless LR Mills had an off week last week, they're not near as dominant as some made them out to be.

I'm a Magnolia Panther fan, So I would love to see someone take LR Mills down. I was following the score threads last week and was shocked at the scores and how close the games were. I was made a believer that they can be had. Losing Peaster hurt them imo. 

J12

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 25, 2019, 09:27:17 am
I'm a Magnolia Panther fan, So I would love to see someone take LR Mills down. I was following the score threads last week and was shocked at the scores and how close the games were. I was made a believer that they can be had. Losing Peaster hurt them imo.

It's still Mills to lose. I just don't think anyone needs to step on the court this week and think that there's a team in that tournament 30 points better than them.

Gray lizard

After watching the boys North final I think they are sending two teams capable of getting to Hotsprings.  If one of them manage to get there always a chance.  Morriliton has a good team and I think they will surprise some teams on just how quick they are to the ball. Get lazy on a pass and they are converting a layup. 
I know it is my team, but Pottsville is just a solid team.

millsalum

February 25, 2019, 10:49:56 am #206 Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:52:36 am by millsalum
As somebody who has watched Mills all year, last week wasn't their best week. It almost mirrored the three game losing streak they had at the beginning of the season. Nevertheless, ran up against some teams who played good games, and still managed to make it out of the East.

Even though Peaster is gone, Mills will be okay. Without a doubt, he's a phenomenal player, but many people aren't aware of the fact that he missed a significant amount of games this season due to undisclosed issues.

It should be noted that a couple of potential Elite 8 matchups on the top half of the bracket will be between teams that have played each other before. And it wasn't close:

Mills beat Fairview 80-46 in December.
McClellan beat Monticello 77-53 in December.

These scores can't necessarily be used to predict anything, because anything can happen this time of the year. But, it will be interesting to see how the teams adjust to each other.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Mills, McClelan, Westside, and Blytheville in the Final Four. Magnolia could creep up on Blytheville too though.
I'd love to see Mills come out on top, but they will have to earn everything from here on out.

Gray lizard

Heck I look for another 4-4A sweep. That would set a 4-4A final four.

MR.GOMAB

I strongly think That Magnolia could make the final four run or even a trip to Hot Springs. Been often overlooked alot because of our youth on paper. I do think Mills will run the top half of the Bracket them facing McClellan will be interesting though. Panthers taking it one game at a time. Morrilton is first task at hand. I have confidence being at home (where they play their best ball to me) and 9/10 having the best player on the floor when the ball is jumped.

millsalum

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 25, 2019, 12:34:30 pm
I strongly think That Magnolia could make the final four run or even a trip to Hot Springs. Been often overlooked alot because of our youth on paper. I do think Mills will run the top half of the Bracket them facing McClellan will be interesting though. Panthers taking it one game at a time. Morrilton is first task at hand. I have confidence being at home (where they play their best ball to me) and 9/10 having the best player on the floor when the ball is jumped.

Magnolia has to take full advantage of the homecourt. I'd love to see them go up against Blytheville. It's impressive that they have so many freshmen playing heavy minutes.
Mills and McClellan are sworn rivals, so that would be the most interesting matchup on the top half. Mills has beat McClellan pretty soundly twice in conference play, but with a chance to be the only 4A LR team in Hot Springs on the line, things could be different.

scrapdig

I've seen Magnolia a few times not and not impressed.  I don't see anyway they get past Blytheville with that offensive scheme they are running over there. 

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: scrapdig on February 25, 2019, 01:21:17 pm
I've seen Magnolia a few times not and not impressed.  I don't see anyway they get past Blytheville with that offensive scheme they are running over there.

I think they can beat Blytheville (going to be tough) but they have to take care of Morrilton first...I agree Ford has to run the offense to me and get everyone else involved. Garland can light it up. But against whoever 9/10 Ford is going to be the best player on the floor so Magnolia has to take full advantage of that.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: millsalum on February 25, 2019, 12:54:26 pm
Magnolia has to take full advantage of the homecourt. I'd love to see them go up against Blytheville. It's impressive that they have so many freshmen playing heavy minutes.
Mills and McClellan are sworn rivals, so that would be the most interesting matchup on the top half. Mills has beat McClellan pretty soundly twice in conference play, but with a chance to be the only 4A LR team in Hot Springs on the line, things could be different.

Those freshmen been starting all year. They are good and only going to get better. Ford is #11 overall player in the State only player in 4A that was ranked ahead of him was Peaster at #8. Garland is ranked in the state as well and  can fill it up. He has started with Ford all year, they have been playing together since the 3rd grade. Im excited for the future in Magnolia.

J12

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 25, 2019, 02:40:36 pm
Those freshmen been starting all year. They are good and only going to get better. Ford is #11 overall player in the State only player in 4A that was ranked ahead of him was Peaster at #8. Garland is ranked in the state as well and  can fill it up. He has started with Ford all year, they have been playing together since the 3rd grade. Im excited for the future in Magnolia.

Im sure those kids are good and will be great but I don't put much stock into rankings. Until Kansas offered, they didn't even have McBride in their top 10.

Felts at Westside is committed to ASU. Nothing to thumb your nose at, D1 talent, and they have him ranked 22nd. ??

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: J12 on February 25, 2019, 02:56:31 pm
Im sure those kids are good and will be great but I don't put much stock into rankings. Until Kansas offered, they didn't even have McBride in their top 10.

Felts at Westside is committed to ASU. Nothing to thumb your nose at, D1 talent, and they have him ranked 22nd. ??

I agree rankings can be misleading and I usually don't put too much stock into them either I just seen how much this kid has worked. I was surprised to see Felts ranked at 22. I've watched film on him..He is really good! Only offers Ford has gotten so far are Baylor, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M. I just want these young guys to get the experience under their belt for the years to come.

MR.GOMAB

Anybody else seen the Mills Documentary with their starters? I didn't know they had one...I seen one with Bryant High School.

https://youtu.be/L4tyHg4zLi0

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas