• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question

Started by JessieP, November 28, 2018, 06:59:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

November 28, 2018, 06:59:57 am Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:04:46 am by JessieP
The Weather Channel is calling for thunderstorms Friday in Little Rock, 100% chance (which translates to 10% chance). If it were to storm what would AAA do? Wait till it passes? Possible 11pm kickoff? There are 2 games Saturday so would they play it Monday? That would suck. What would the protocol be?

Sasquatch71

Probably just hand the trophy to PA  ;D

Yellowcake

they ought to make the call and move it to Sunday afternoon. Right now.

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 28, 2018, 09:47:05 am
they ought to make the call and move it to Sunday afternoon. Right now.

I swear, I was thinking that too. I doubt they will, the honest, moral, ethical better Christians than you at or I at lrc would never ever not keep the Sabbath Day Holy

NEASPORTSFAN

Complete Biased PoV

I would like to see them go with the basketball finals route and have all 3 on Saturday.  Steve Sullivan suggested 11, 3, and 7 as kick off times.

JessieP

November 28, 2018, 08:14:57 pm #6 Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:29:19 pm by JessieP
Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 28, 2018, 07:42:17 pm
I would like to see them go with the basketball finals route and have all 3 on Saturday.  Steve Sullivan suggested 11, 3, and 7 as kick off times.

I like that idea. I've read it was suggested but the AAA wouldn't do it because they would not be able to clear the people 2 times for the final game. I doubt a lot would spend the day but many would. They figure they'd be missing out on 2 games worth of ticket sales. The way I understand it is that the schools keep the ticket sales money for conference games and the AAA gets non-conference and playoffs. Is that correct?

LRCAdad

Quote from: JessieP on November 28, 2018, 08:14:57 pm
I like that idea. I've read it suggested that the AAA wouldn't do it because they would be able to clear the people 2 times for the final. I doubt a lot would spend the day but many would. They figure they'd be missing out on 2 games worth of ticket sales. The way I understand it is that the schools keep the ticket sales money for conference games and the AAA gets non-conference and playoffs. Is that correct.

Not sure on non conference but I belive each school gets 20% of the gate in the championship game (probably after expenses) with AAA keeping the rest.

Rocket23

Tickets sold by each school prior to the game, each school keeps 80% of the sales.  On game day the schools split 40% of the gate.

JessieP

I could foresee another problem, the "that's my seat" crowd. Imagine the die hard football fans who get there for the 11am game, leaving jackets or folding seats in the prime locations then coming and going all day. As good an idea as it is there are a lot of possible flies in the ointment.

Plus that, if I run out on the field during the first game will I be able to bail out by the 3pm game.

I'm guessing no one really knows what will happen in case of a thunder cancellation?

Yellowcake

One day, three games.
Worst
Idea
Ever

Fellas, if there is one thing the AAA gets right, it's the state championship games setup for high school football. It ain't broke. The thing is humming.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 28, 2018, 10:12:29 pm
One day, three games.
Worst
Idea
Ever

Fellas, if there is one thing the AAA gets right, it's the state championship games setup for high school football. It ain't broke. The thing is humming.
Texas does 3 games a day for 4 consecutive days.  Tennessee and Kentucky both do 3 consecutive days of 3 games/day.  All times are 11, 3, and 7.  All at one venue.

Overdahill

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 29, 2018, 06:37:58 pm
Texas does 3 games a day for 4 consecutive days.  Tennessee and Kentucky both do 3 consecutive days of 3 games/day.  All times are 11, 3, and 7.  All at one venue.

and Texas is still a football state

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: JessieP on November 28, 2018, 09:35:02 pm
I could foresee another problem, the "that's my seat" crowd. Imagine the die hard football fans who get there for the 11am game, leaving jackets or folding seats in the prime locations then coming and going all day. As good an idea as it is there are a lot of possible flies in the ointment.

Plus that, if I run out on the field during the first game will I be able to bail out by the 3pm game.

I'm guessing no one really knows what will happen in case of a thunder cancellation?
Potential issues:
1. Losing gate $.  Solution:  Spend a little money and have custom "all day" wristbands available for purchase for $14-15
2.  People not moving seats.  Solution: dedicate the middle 2-3 sections as home seating, advance ticket seating, or something along those lines.
3.  Clearing stadium.  Solution:  Only have to clear the middle 2-3 sections between games to satisfy solution 2.

They could also do like the Little Rock Rangers do and bring in food trucks to help bolster concessions, just a thought.

Grond

November 29, 2018, 08:55:24 pm #14 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 08:56:57 pm by Grond
Quote from: JessieP on November 28, 2018, 06:59:57 am
The Weather Channel is calling for thunderstorms Friday in Little Rock, 100% chance (which translates to 10% chance). If it were to storm what would AAA do? Wait till it passes? Possible 11pm kickoff? There are 2 games Saturday so would they play it Monday? That would suck. What would the protocol be?

I believe the protocol is less about rain/storm, and all about LIGHTNING.

There cannot be a lightning strike within a certain distance of the field, and there has to be a period of time (15 minutes? 30 minutes?) during which there is no lightning.

I was at an NCAA D2 football game that was moved to the next day due to lightning strikes. The game was supposed to be at 6pm; it was delayed, delayed, and finally, at 9pm, the game was "called" for 2pm on Sunday.

Not sure if the same rules follow for high school.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Sasquatch71 on November 28, 2018, 09:29:39 am
Probably just hand the trophy to PA  ;D
Lol ;D easiest solution.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 28, 2018, 10:12:29 pm
One day, three games.
Worst
Idea
Ever

Remember, this scenario would be only if inclement weather affects the LR Christian/Pulaski Academy game on Friday night.

Lanny

Tonight's game has been postponed until 2:00 on Sunday. All semifinal games have been postponed for tomorrow at 6pm

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas