• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Prescott @ Booneville

Started by knownothingboutfallball, November 23, 2018, 09:53:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

knownothingboutfallball

November 23, 2018, 09:53:21 pm Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 01:13:46 am by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Shld be a dandy

50Yarder

nastynice

Come on snoopy and KOJACK, I've got plenty of room at the house for you.  We'll make a pallet for both of you in front of the fireplace.   ;D

elmerfudd

I could see this one turning into a shootout. I'll take Booneville by 13.

CatPride

What a great match up this should be. 2 teams that can score and defenses that can shut you down. Can't wait for this one!

CoolBreeze

OLDSCHOOL82

Can't wait to see my old buddy KOJACK!!

Warriors023

This will be a great game. 2 amazing football teams. Will be in attendance of this one.

adaptedtigerfan

Pretty sure I will be in attendance for this dance.

adaptedtigerfan

OLDSCHOOL you gonna save me a seat? You bring the hotdogs...I got us some lemonade to share my friend.

High Voltage

Can't wait for this one! I will be there to watch Booneville make yet another trip to the rock! Good luck to our neighbors down highway 10!

CURLEYWOLF24

Can't wait for this one! I will be there to watch Prescott make yet another trip to the rock!

Bearcatdad

This will be a great game by 2 tradition rich teams.  Bearcats seniors take their record to 14-0 in their last home game at Bearcat stadium.  Cats by 14

Wolfpack

Curleywolf Fan

I love history and here is a history lesson about Prescott and Booneville in the Semifinals. Prescott and Booneville have played in 4 semifinals in their history with Prescott winning 2 and Booneville winning 2. Prescott won 52 to 0 in 1973 and Prescott won 21 to 0 in 1975. There was a band from Booneville that was so impressed with Prescott that they named their band the Prescott Curley Wolves. I read that in a Texarkana Gazette article in 1995 when they were playing a show there. Booneville beat Prescott 10 to 9 in 1985 and beat Prescott 30 to 3 in 1986. We will see who breaks the tie Friday night. I hope you enjoyed the history lesson. 😁

KOJACK

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 23, 2018, 10:49:46 pm
Can't wait to see my old buddy KOJACK!!
We meet again old buddy old pal...

KOJACK

Quote from: nastynice on November 23, 2018, 10:04:42 pm
Come on snoopy and KOJACK, I've got plenty of room at the house for you.  We'll make a pallet for both of you in front of the fireplace.   ;D
Will there be hot chocolate and marshmallows??? If not I'm not coming.

ISU7

Doo-Dad

Quote from: KOJACK on November 24, 2018, 09:47:56 am
Got the hot chocolate, you'll have to bring you're own marshmallows

OLDSCHOOL82

I'm sure we can accommodate you bud!!

HeadBussa08

Quote from: ISU7 on November 24, 2018, 10:22:07 am
Curley Wolves by 6
the Pick Em Champ had spoken. Appreciate the support ISU gonna be a tough one

nastynice

Yes. And we'll play canasta and watch The Great Outdoors.

Sick Dog

I hear Booneville is unbeatable! They say the Bearcats worse day and Prescott best day they couldn't even beat them.

Warriors023

No team is unbeatable. But Booneville is as close as it gets.

Sick Dog

Well they said the titanic was unsinkable also

Sick Dog

Can Prescott bring that train that comes through town every 5 min to go with the horn y'all have? MAybe put it around the track? Or Do y'all have a track? Never been there. Just curious does that horn not get annoying to your home crowd?

Brian G

I will be a little vague here on the exact details, but sometime around 1976 or so, Booneville played Prescott in the semi's.  I seem to remember the game was played at a neutral site.  Maybe Hot Springs?

As most of you know, I'm a lifer from Fayetteville but all my family and kin went through Booneville.  I saw a lot of Bearcat football games as I had older cousins playing for BV.

Anyway, we traveled from Fayetteville to that game and I think the final was Prescott 56 Booneville 0.

Brian G

elmerfudd

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 24, 2018, 03:58:25 pm
Can Prescott bring that train that comes through town every 5 min to go with the horn y'all have? MAybe put it around the track? Or Do y'all have a track? Never been there. Just curious does that horn not get annoying to your home crowd?

From the stands in front of the press box, i hardly ever hear it over the cheering and the cannon. It's angled to blow across the field at the visitors. I'm sure it's much louder from that side of the field.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 24, 2018, 03:58:25 pm

What horn???

Linebacker

How good is Booneville this year? What kind of offense do they run?

Jabali

November 24, 2018, 06:12:43 pm #32 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:17:55 pm by Jabali
Quote from: B.G. on November 24, 2018, 04:03:12 pm
I will be a little vague here on the exact details, but sometime around 1976 or so, Booneville played Prescott in the semi's.  I seem to remember the game was played at a neutral site.  Maybe Hot Springs?

As most of you know, I'm a lifer from Fayetteville but all my family and kin went through Booneville.  I saw a lot of Bearcat football games as I had older cousins playing for BV.

Anyway, we traveled from Fayetteville to that game and I think the final was Prescott 56 Booneville 0.

Yep, Booneville's Halfback Rick Nelson said that he was tackled by the Prescott sideline and heard a kid yell "nice tackle daddy!!" as he was limping back to the huddle.

Brian G

Quote from: Linebacker on November 24, 2018, 06:12:28 pm
What kind of offense do they run?
This is a huge secret.  Sorry, I just can't tell you.

Jabali

Pretty much the same thing they have ran since the earth cooled.

OLDSCHOOL82

You been under a rock chief?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 24, 2018, 03:32:44 pm
I hear Booneville is unbeatable! They say the Bearcats worse day and Prescott best day they couldn't even beat them.

Don't worry with sick pup.  He knows not what he speaks of!

nastynice

Quote from: Jabali on November 24, 2018, 06:12:43 pm
Yep, Booneville's Halfback Rick Nelson said that he was tackled by the Prescott sideline and heard a kid yell "nice tackle daddy" as he was limping back to the huddle.

Lololololololo

Fang

Linebacker, you must have been living out in the woods for the last 12 weeks.  Those were some lame questions.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 24, 2018, 03:32:44 pm

Not good at all.  We have just gotten really lucky all year.

knownothingboutfallball

knownothingboutfallball

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first semifinal game at Booneville since 99

OLDSCHOOL82

elmerfudd

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on November 24, 2018, 07:44:13 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first semifinal game at Booneville since 99

OLDCHOOL is correct. 2001 was a butt whipping over Nashville, I believe.

Linebacker

Quote from: Fang on November 24, 2018, 07:33:31 pm
Linebacker, you must have been living out in the woods for the last 12 weeks.  Those were some lame questions.

Not so fast! I do live in middle no where. Whats wrong with that? Just trying to stir up the Booneville fans a little! Lol.

Brian G

Quote from: Linebacker on November 24, 2018, 09:04:31 pm
Not so fast! I do live in middle no where. Whats wrong with that? Just trying to stir up the Booneville fans a little! Lol.
Spread offense. 7 on 7 style.  Think KC vs LA from this past Monday night.

KOJACK

They are real good and they run a wing slot offense...and spread

HoodRat

goodluck to two very great teams! but ive got booneville coming out on top!

adaptedtigerfan

Well since OLDSCHOOL won't talk to me I'm gonna put on my maroon hoody and go sit with my friends!! 

Warriors023

They have evolved into a 7A style air raid offense, averaging 300 passing yds P/G.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas