• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Lamar @ Rison

Started by Hitman Warrior23, November 16, 2018, 09:50:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: High Voltage on November 19, 2018, 11:52:41 am
The 2 "Tradition Rich" programs you have faced so far (Booneville, Charleston) spanked you.

Correction. Booneville spanked us. When we played Charleston the team got the day wrong and didn't show up until Saturday.

Tristram Shandy

I spoke to a young man a few years back that played on a team that faced Rison in a playoff game in Rison. Pretty cool guy.  He played for a strong program that routinely makes the playoffs, has even won a few championships. He described to me his team's experience from the game. He said it was unlike anything they had ever experienced.  From the moment the team left the locker room the home crowd was in their face - very "supportive" of the home team to put it mildly.  The Wildcats pounded his team on every play. His team had not not participated in such an intense brand of football - the speed, the physicality, and the desire to win.  Never been in a game like that before. He said that it got to the point that they just wanted the game to be over so that they could get the heck out of there.  In the odd way that life works he seemed to view the experience as one of his better memories from his football days. That's what people are talking about when they refer to Rison's football tradition. That is why Rison plays football on the George Walker Field of Champions.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Tristram Shandy on November 19, 2018, 01:05:45 pm
I spoke to a young man a few years back that played on a team that faced Rison in a playoff game in Rison. Pretty cool guy.  He played for a strong program that routinely makes the playoffs, has even won a few championships. He described to me his team's experience from the game. He said it was unlike anything they had ever experienced.  From the moment the team left the locker room the home crowd was in their face - very "supportive" of the home team to put it mildly.  The Wildcats pounded his team on every play. His team had not not participated in such an intense brand of football - the speed, the physicality, and the desire to win.  Never been in a game like that before. He said that it got to the point that they just wanted the game to be over so that they could get the heck out of there.  In the odd way that life works he seemed to view the experience as one of his better memories from his football days. That's what people are talking about when they refer to Rison's football tradition. That is why Rison plays football on the George Walker Field of Champions.

I have heard a lot of teams say about the same thing that when you come out of the locker room fans were in their faces talking trash to them saying not so nice thing and trying to get into their heads as they go to the field.  Not they way I would want to win home games at all and may hurt Rison when they go on the road to play a good team.

Risondude

Home or away it don't matter. Rison travels very well.

MamaKitty

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 19, 2018, 01:13:29 pm
I have heard a lot of teams say about the same thing that when you come out of the locker room fans were in their faces talking trash to them saying not so nice thing and trying to get into their heads as they go to the field.  Not they way I would want to win home games at all and may hurt Rison when they go on the road to play a good team.

I hate to hear this. I will say that although our fans are loud and rowdy at times, the majority keep it reasonable. There are always fans that take it to far. That goes for every team.. And as far as away games...Rison always brings a crowd. Usually as many if not more than the home team. If 

Warriors023

Rison will be met with that same ferocity and desire Friday night. I've never seen a football team play with so much want and desire than I have the previous 2 weeks.

RHScats

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 19, 2018, 02:34:16 pm
I've never seen a football team play with so much want and desire than I have the previous 2 weeks.
come to Rison on any Friday night. 

Warriors023

Quote from: RHScats on November 19, 2018, 02:39:02 pm
come to Rison on any Friday night.
From the sounds of it, Rison likes bragging about their fan base degrading high school athletes as they go onto the field. What a great school!

RHScats

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 19, 2018, 02:55:39 pm
From the sounds of it, Rison likes bragging about their fan base degrading high school athletes as they go onto the field. What a great school!
Please point me to that post, I'll wait!  Or continue to dig in your lame insult bag.  Your choice!

Warriors023

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 19, 2018, 01:13:29 pm
^^

RHScats

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 19, 2018, 03:03:22 pm
^^
No such thing as drunk rednecks that get out of hand.  Or maybe that only happens in Rison.  I'll ask again though, where is the post of someone bragging about the smack talk?  That is what you said right?

RHScats

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 19, 2018, 02:55:39 pm
oh yeah, here it is. 

Warriors023

Quote from: RHScats on November 19, 2018, 03:09:49 pm
oh yeah, here it is.
Just making the boys want to add another kitty pelt to the halls that much more

RHScats

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 19, 2018, 03:23:35 pm
Just making the boys want to add another kitty pelt to the halls that much more
So I'm right, you are just talking out of your @$$.

xadboy

Quote from: RHScats on November 19, 2018, 03:26:12 pm
So I'm right, you are just talking out of your @$$.
And you just proved that post correct about you "fans" and how you act. What grade are you in? Does your parents know about your immature potty mouth? Think maybe you need a time out.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: xadboy on November 19, 2018, 03:39:58 pm
And you just proved that post correct about you "fans" and how you act. What grade are you in? Does your parents know about your immature potty mouth? Think maybe you need a time out.
You said potty mouth on a football message board. GIVE ME YOUR MAN CARD.

xadboy

Quote from: Oldman on November 19, 2018, 03:42:48 pm
You said potty mouth on a football message board. GIVE ME YOUR MAN CARD.
Okay, foul mouthed. Is that better? Just trying to be politically correct.

RHScats

Quote from: xadboy on November 19, 2018, 03:39:58 pm
yeah, there is your proof lol.  Think what you want about Rison fans.  Does not bother me.  No matter what the fans say or do, the results on the field will be the same.

oasistrader

Fourthdown

blackandoldgold

I prefer the food served at the visitors concession stand at Rison & have walked to & fro there as the visiting team, band, cheerleaders, & fans have walked by or onto the field. I swear I've never heard anyone be disrespectful to our guests. I'm sure it's happened before, but it's probably happened on every field that football has been played on. Too much testosterone can occur sometimes.

Lamar, & any other team for that matter, please know you are our guests & I hope we treat you properly as we would want to be treated at your house. I apologize for anyone acting otherwise.

We just want a good clean hard fought game with no injuries to either squad, called fairly by the referees. We will certainly root for our team as I'm sure you will root for yours. But no one needs to act like a fool.

As the good book says, "Blessed be the peacemakers."

Please be careful traveling. Extended forecast calling for 100% chance of rain & a chance of thunderstorms followed by possible fog. Wow! Hopefully it will move out quickly or not happen at all.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 19, 2018, 07:05:14 pm
I prefer the food served at the visitors concession stand at Rison & have walked to & fro there as the visiting team, band, cheerleaders, & fans have walked by or onto the field. I swear I've never heard anyone be disrespectful to our guests. I'm sure it's happened before, but it's probably happened on every field that football has been played on. Too much testosterone can occur sometimes.

Lamar, & any other team for that matter, please know you are our guests & I hope we treat you properly as we would want to be treated at your house. I apologize for anyone acting otherwise.

We just want a good clean hard fought game with no injuries to either squad, called fairly by the referees. We will certainly root for our team as I'm sure you will root for yours. But no one needs to act like a fool.

As the good book says, "Blessed be the peacemakers."

Please be careful traveling. Extended forecast calling for 100% chance of rain & a chance of thunderstorms followed by possible fog. Wow! Hopefully it will move out quickly or not happen at all.

+1

Warriors023

Rain definitely favors Lamar in this matchup. Team size usually beats out team speed In that situation

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 19, 2018, 09:09:39 pm
Rain definitely favors Lamar in this matchup. Team size usually beats out team speed In that situation
you keep acting like Rison doesn't have size. Plus we have a turf field and have played in the rain a lot this year.

gold45

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 19, 2018, 12:01:54 pm
Correction. Booneville spanked us. When we played Charleston the team got the day wrong and didn't show up until Saturday.

Correction. Charleston spanked Lamar. 

Warriors023

November 20, 2018, 12:27:07 am #125 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 01:37:04 am by Warriors023
Lamar had their letdown game against Charleston. That won't happen again. Rison didn't have 1 passing yard against mayflower, and they didn't need to. However, Lamar has held EVERY team that they have played this year far below their average rushing totals. Even Booneville somewhat struggled to move the ball at times. And Rison is in NO WAY comparable to Booneville in terms of power run game. As I said before, Harding has one RB who had about 1300 yards on the year, and he and the other were held to 46 yards on 16 carries. That's less than half of the average. I promise Rison doesn't have any idea what's coming Friday night. The chemistry of this team is what keeps drivin them to win. I'll take the warriors by 7 in a defensive matchup. Lamar 21 Rison 14

RHScats

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 20, 2018, 12:27:07 am
Lamar had their letdown game against Charleston. That won't happen again. Rison didn't have 1 passing yard against mayflower, and they didn't need to. However, Lamar has held EVERY team that they have played this year far below their average rushing totals. Even Booneville somewhat struggled to move the ball at times. And Rison is in NO WAY comparable to Booneville in terms of power run game. As I said before, Harding has one RB who had about 1300 yards on the year, and he and the other were held to 46 yards on 16 carries. That's less than half of the average. I promise Rison doesn't have any idea what's coming Friday night. The chemistry of this team is what keeps drivin them to win. I'll take the warriors by 7 in a defensive matchup. Lamar 21 Rison 14
Yeah, Lamar has the #1 defense in 3A.  Oh wait, um, nevermind.

Warriors023

Quote from: RHScats on November 20, 2018, 01:39:45 am
Just watched some film of those wildcats. No depth on the line, no weapons besides QB and 11, D-line was pushed around all game by mayflower, they just killed themselves trying to pass too much. It's a very basic and easy to pick apart offense. One thing I must say I enjoyed though, Rison does play dang good smack mouth ball. They come out and hit their opponents in the mouth. However, nobody else they have played has done so. That changes come Friday. That's all from me. I'll see y'all in Rison on Friday.

xadboy

Quote from: RHScats on November 20, 2018, 01:39:45 am
Guess you don't comprehend very well. No where did that post say anything about being the #1 defense in the 3A. Pay more attention in school and you might just learn something.

Warriors023

That "#1 defense" is going to expose Rison and their conference, just like they did to Harding academy.

AlumniLights

Don't forget the "Doc" factor guys. Sheesh.

RHScats

Quote from: xadboy on November 20, 2018, 02:17:49 am
Guess you don't comprehend very well. No where did that post say anything about being the #1 defense in the 3A. Pay more attention in school and you might just learn something.
if you would read up at Mine and warriors convo you will see him making a statement that nobody said so I did the same.  You bunch aren't the sharpest tools huh?

Waterboy94

Now now, watching film and watching hooty's 30 seconds of fame aren't the same

RHScats

November 20, 2018, 08:58:39 am #133 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:01:21 am by RHScats
Quote from: Warriors023 on November 20, 2018, 02:13:16 am
Just watched some film of those wildcats. No depth on the line, no weapons besides QB and 11, D-line was pushed around all game by mayflower, they just killed themselves trying to pass too much. It's a very basic and easy to pick apart offense. One thing I must say I enjoyed though, Rison does play dang good smack mouth ball. They come out and hit their opponents in the mouth. However, nobody else they have played has done so. That changes come Friday. That's all from me. I'll see y'all in Rison on Friday.
I hope coaches seen the same thing on film you did and game plan for QB and #11. Would be a huge mistake but one can hope. That basic easy offense has been winning for years.  Something to be said for simplicity at the high school level.

Warriors023

7 as well, but couldn't read the other #s

Waterboy94

xadboy

Quote from: RHScats on November 20, 2018, 07:31:25 am
if you would read up at Mine and warriors convo you will see him making a statement that nobody said so I did the same.  You bunch aren't the sharpest tools huh?
So your answer is to make something up about something nobody said? Now that's real ingenuous right there.

RHScats

Quote from: xadboy on November 20, 2018, 01:43:12 pm
So your answer is to make something up about something nobody said? Now that's real ingenuous right there.
I thought so too.  Hey, if you can't beat'em, join'em!!!

Warriors023

Places to stop and grab a bite in Rison, go!

MICHAELSPAPPY

This is for curiosity sake only, since it is meaningless. The numbers referenced are Hootens' rankings from this week:

Rison 5 - Booneville 1
McGehee 7 - Lamar 9
Barton 22 - Mansfield 15
Lake Village 30 - Charleston 17
Palestine 31 - Greenland 23
Dollarway 33 - Cedarville 27
Drew Cent 37 - West Fork 38
                      -  Paris 44

Warriors023

As stated before, Lamar is going to expose Rison and their conference. You can't win if you don't score.

Waterboy94

Yea yea yea Lamar's defense is so good cause they kept Booneville from running all over them...

Waterboy94

Pretty sure all the Rison folks have given you places to eat. Mainstreet Cafe, Marcella's (Mexican), or Pizza Pro. If you prefer Sushi you might want to stop in Little Rock or PB.

RHScats

Quote from: Waterboy94 on November 20, 2018, 06:55:53 pm
Pretty sure all the Rison folks have given you places to eat. Mainstreet Cafe, Marcella's (Mexican), or Pizza Pro. If you prefer Sushi you might want to stop in Little Rock or PB.
He should aquire a taste for crow.  He will be eating it soon enough.

Warriors023

Quote from: RHScats on November 20, 2018, 06:59:34 pm
He should aquire a taste for crow.  He will be eating it soon enough.
I prefer my crow grilled with wildcat gravy and a big W candle

RHScats

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 20, 2018, 07:02:44 pm
I prefer my crow grilled with wildcat gravy and a big W candle
considering you will probably be able to leave around halftime, I'm sure Wally world in PB will have everything you need on the way home.  That is if all these disrespectful Wildcat fans didn't show up early for Black Friday and destroy the place.

Warriors023

Actually plan on eating lunch at the cafe there in Rison, seems like a neat little place.

Risondude

Waterboy94

KOJACK

Rison is solid. But honestly the only legitimate opponent they have faced is McGehee. They beat Mayflower who has no quality wins. Mayflower got beat by Glen Rose who got smoked by CHG. When they beat McGehee, McGehee had several players out, so honestly they have no quality wins imo. Lamar is no threat either. They got beat by Charleston, who got beat 49-0 by Clinton who got beat handily by Prescott. So honestly the first threat that Rison will have will be next week. And then they will lose to Smackover or Osceola...whoever wins that game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas