• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Harrison @ PA

Started by PA Dad, November 16, 2018, 09:26:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

Quote from: Go Postal on November 17, 2018, 10:28:09 pm
This is interesting.  Just throwing this out there.

PA average Points For per game is 49.25 for 12 games.
Harrison average Points For per game is 44.0 for 12 games.

The Bruins get 9.25 points per game better than the Goblins on average.

PA average Points Against per game is 18.08 for 12 games.
Harrison average Points Against per game is 8.16 for 12 games.

The Goblins stop 9.92 points per game better than the Bruins on average.

Those stats would be apropos if they played the same schedule, common opponents. 

Elvis Hoggoblin

Go Postal

Deuceswild

November 18, 2018, 09:06:27 am #53 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 09:26:14 am by Deuceswild
Quote from: JessieP on November 17, 2018, 10:04:02 pm
Two years ago PA played Wynne for the state championship. Going into that game Wynne was undefeated and was steamrolling everyone. They were setting state records in rushing yards and did it behind a massive offensive line. They had 2 rb's go over 1,000 yards. On defense they were huge and fast, much much bigger than PA. I would say the state was split on who would win it. I was a massive mouthpiece proclaiming Wynne's physicality and running game were far too much for PA, their time was up. What KK and his coaches did was put together a game plan that had my jaw on the floor. When Wynne ran the ball you saw what looked like 18 skinny kids swarm them. I have never seen 11 players look like they outnumbered the other 11 by two to one. PA scored at will and by the 2nd quarter Wynne looked like a whipped puppy. So excuse me if I am not swayed but all the undefeated, great running back talk. As much as I would love to see a public school final my head tells my heart to sit down and shut up, It ain't gonna happen.
I was at that game, Wynne's offense fumbled a ton in the monsoon and did not have any skill on the back end of the defense. Wait they just did that Friday night too? Hmm. Well at least the Gobs didn't change jerseys at half time? Just sayin!

je100

Quote from: JessieP on November 18, 2018, 12:02:57 am
Those stats would be apropos if they played the same schedule, common opponents.

I know of two common opponents; White Hall and Alma.  Both PA and Harrison beat White Hall by 42, and PA beat Alma by a touchdown more than Harrison beat them.

Looking underneath the hood a little, I appears that PA puts away teams faster which may go to style of play.  I still say PA wins going away, but who knows.

STBruin

Part of the PA's advantage is mental. These kids and some coaches look at them like mythical monsters that cant be beat, and once something goes wrong they pack it in. Friday night, couple plays here and there and it's a different game. McClellan has PA pinned deep. Kelley calls a HORRENDOUS play, double pass 8 yards deep in the end zone and Bratcher gets it out of the endzone which from where I was standing looked le a safety. Next play they have Bratcher sacked for a safety AMD a kid grabs his face mask for a personal foul. You HAVE to take advantages of situations like that. PA will. Plus, #5 you have got to cover him...and McClellan let him run free uncovered at times. Leaves me scratching my head.

BruinBacker

Quote from: STBruin on November 18, 2018, 09:44:00 am
Part of the PA's advantage is mental. These kids and some coaches look at them like mythical monsters that cant be beat, and once something goes wrong they pack it in. Friday night, couple plays here and there and it's a different game. McClellan has PA pinned deep. Kelley calls a HORRENDOUS play, double pass 8 yards deep in the end zone and Bratcher gets it out of the endzone which from where I was standing looked le a safety. Next play they have Bratcher sacked for a safety AMD a kid grabs his face mask for a personal foul. You HAVE to take advantages of situations like that. PA will. Plus, #5 you have got to cover him...and McClellan let him run free uncovered at times. Leaves me scratching my head.
Agree.  Get that safety and it is a different game.  Instead, PA drives 99+ yards for a TD to go up 14-8 and gets an onsides kick to start the run. 
This is not a great PA team compared to the past few years BUT their D is stingy against the run especially wide, and the offensive system is relentless.  They will get their points. Bratcher is a good runner when the play breaks down and can hurt you with his feet. 

JessieP

Quote from: BruinBacker on November 18, 2018, 11:14:59 am
Agree.  Get that safety and it is a different game.  Instead, PA drives 99+ yards for a TD to go up 14-8 and gets an onsides kick to start the run. 
This is not a great PA team compared to the past few years BUT their D is stingy against the run especially wide, and the offensive system is relentless.  They will get their points. Bratcher is a good runner when the play breaks down and can hurt you with his feet.

I agree. Kobe Bryant once said that during the Lakers 3-peat, When they were unstoppable, That it seems like the fluke bounces and breaks are even going your way. You make your own luck. Last year in the final LRM was up late in the game, The clock was becoming a serious issue. It was like the 4 minute mark, They had the ball and were slowly marching down the field. They could have burned about 2 more minutes and put themselves up by 2 scores. I swear, It was like KK did the old Jedi mind trick on Moody, He must have been staring at him thinking "Throw the ball, Throw the ball". What did LRM do? They threw the ball. This was more like a shanked punt than a pass, The PA db almost signaled for a fair catch before intercepting it in the end zone. PA marches down the field to win the game. That's what good teams do, They force you into stupid mistakes. Not only does PA execute, They pounce on mistakes.

Freight Train

Quote from: the voice on November 16, 2018, 09:35:56 pm
Huskey won't let the gobs lose against PA
#84 Henry and #5 White may have something to say about that

STBruin

If McClellan could find a QB...they would be DANGEROUS!

Go Postal

November 18, 2018, 11:24:17 pm #60 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:30:04 pm by Go Postal
It was good to see the Goblin Offense and Defense working out over the weekend

Go Postal

November 18, 2018, 11:24:39 pm #61 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:50:18 pm by Go Postal
I was just wondering which color of uniform PA is wearing next game.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Go Postal on November 18, 2018, 11:24:39 pm
I was just wondering which color of uniform PA is wearing next game.

The ones with a big W on them.

RyanLR

PA has a way of making good teams look bad.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Go Postal on November 18, 2018, 11:24:17 pm
It was good to see the Goblin Offense and Defense working out over the weekend

It was good watching the Bruins win four consecutive 5A championships.

High Voltage

I don't know if this game will be a mercy rule or not, but PA will pull away late in the 1st. ;D

Go Postal

MoTownDog

Goblins rolling like the the Devil Dogs did back in 2013.  If it can be done, they are the ones to beat PA.

Go Postal

The Bruins are trying to forget their only loss was to a low quality LA team.
Panthers Football 5-5 (2-4)
18-19 Season Recap
Team rankings updated on: 11/18/2018 7:24 AM
MaxPreps' football rankings have been updated. Parkway's national rank has moved -565 and their state rank has moved -13.

In the meantime,

Goblins Football 12-0 (7-0)
Team rankings updated on: 11/18/2018 7:23 AM
MaxPreps' football rankings have been updated. Harrison's national rank has moved +310 and their state rank has moved +1.

MDXPHD

Quote from: MoTownDog on November 19, 2018, 07:37:01 am
Goblins rolling like the the Devil Dogs did back in 2013.  If it can be done, they are the ones to beat PA.

Goblins are rolling a lot more than the 13 Dogs - y'all had already lost two at this point I think. And y'all won in the playoffs over PA in a close game, then I think Hope in a really close game, and then Batesville by a fg. Harrison hasn't had a close game other than against Morrilton.

I think PA wins this game and they may do it big. Harrison has a good defense, but they're going to be exhausted. PA will extend the game and also have more possessions than any team the Gobs have faced. PAs defense is pretty good.

je100

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2018, 08:14:03 am
Goblins are rolling a lot more than the 13 Dogs - y'all had already lost two at this point I think. And y'all won in the playoffs over PA in a close game, then I think Hope in a really close game, and then Batesville by a fg. Harrison hasn't had a close game other than against Morrilton.

I think PA wins this game and they may do it big. Harrison has a good defense, but they're going to be exhausted. PA will extend the game and also have more possessions than any team the Gobs have faced. PAs defense is pretty good.

Good post.  The only way that Harrison wins this one is if they have the same success offensively, as they've had against other teams this year.  That means sustained drives, and more importantly scores at the end of those drives.  They must keep their defense off the field in order to compete in the fourth quarter.

Having said that, we may be talking about two different classes of teams, and PA runs over the Goblins like they did against McClellen last week.  That game is a very, very bad sign for the Goblins.

the voice

November 19, 2018, 08:29:58 am #71 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:36:52 am by the voice
Yes they were close games against really good teams. But they got that W and the ring. To beat PA you give no extra possessions and plan to score 50, dogs recovered every kick that game made em punt twice and it was a shoot out. I still believe that's the formula to beat PA, Harrison has the players to  match the scoring. And the defense to pressure PA

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 19, 2018, 08:29:58 am
Yes they were close games against really good teams. But they got that W and the ring. To beat PA you give no extra possessions and plan to score 50, dogs recovered every kick that game made em punt twice and it was a shoot out. I still believe that's the formula to beat PA, Harrison has the players match the scoring. And the defense to pressure PA

The extra possessions are definitely how you lose to PA in most "even" matchups. Harrison has what it takes - a good defense, great running game, and pretty potent offense in general. If they recover all of the onside kicks and limit the turnovers, they can win. I just don't see it happening!

JacketFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2018, 08:53:25 am
The extra possessions are definitely how you lose to PA in most "even" matchups. Harrison has what it takes - a good defense, great running game, and pretty potent offense in general. If they recover all of the onside kicks and limit the turnovers, they can win. I just don't see it happening!
Harrison will be able to limit PA possessions by running the clock down with Huskey.  They also must recover the onside kicks.  Harrison only has one big weakness, and I won't say on here,  I am sure Coach Kelley has already seen it on film, and is building his game plan to exploit the heck out of it Friday night.  I can't pick a winner in this one, it can go either way, it depends on which coach does his homework, and makes the best adjustments at halftime.  Whoever does that, will be the team that wins this one.

HeberFan

Who is the home team?  Yes, I was too lazy to check for myself.

MoTownDog

Quote from: HeberFan on November 19, 2018, 12:47:38 pm
Who is the home team?  Yes, I was too lazy to check for myself.

PA

And Morrilton is home with 8-4 record over LRC 11-1. 

HeberFan

Quote from: MoTownDog on November 19, 2018, 12:57:53 pm
PA

And Morrilton is home with 8-4 record over LRC 11-1.

Thanks. Are most people projecting Justice vs. PA in War Memorial?

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 19, 2018, 07:46:23 am
The Bruins are trying to forget their only loss was to a low quality LA team.
Panthers Football 5-5 (2-4)
18-19 Season Recap
Team rankings updated on: 11/18/2018 7:24 AM
MaxPreps' football rankings have been updated. Parkway's national rank has moved -565 and their state rank has moved -13.

Actually, they are trying not to forget what can happen when you don't execute. Fortunate that it happened in week two

Go Postal

PA will see like other teams have seen this year that the Goblins have some great Runningbacks that can pass and receive the ball too.  Plus we also have Huskey.

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on November 19, 2018, 03:30:03 pm
Actually, they are trying not to forget what can happen when you don't execute. Fortunate that it happened in week two

I have always maintained that the loss in week 2 was the worst thing possible for 5A teams. KK must have dissected that game and made sure it doesn't happen again. Harrison's greatest hope would be to face an undefeated complacent PA. 

Yellowcake

Gobs will have less than 150 yards offense by the time the mercy rule kicks in.

Ya can't stop what's a comin'.

Please come to the game though. It's a great place to watch football.

Just be sure you have a plan for who is collecting game jerseys for storage until next season.

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 19, 2018, 05:26:23 pm

PA will see like other teams have seen this year that the Goblins have some great Runningbacks that can pass and receive the ball too.  Plus we also have Huskey.

did Grill give you permission to use his HS highlight video? :D

Deuceswild

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 19, 2018, 10:45:55 pm

Just be sure you have a plan for who is collecting game jerseys for storage until next season.
oooohhhhh Yellowcake got jokes for an early Christmas Present.. We didn't realize you guys would turn it over so many times on your side of the field to where we only needed 150 yards of offense to be up 5 scores that early.... But ok, we can go with it. See u there...     :P

Go Postal

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 19, 2018, 10:45:55 pm

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 20, 2018, 09:04:01 am
oooohhhhh Yellowcake got jokes for an early Christmas Present.. We didn't realize you guys would turn it over so many times on your side of the field to where we only needed 150 yards of offense to be up 5 scores that early.... But ok, we can go with it. See u there...     :P
That's the way I read it too.  Thanks Yellowcake!

makessense

The Gobs will have to play a perfect game - no turnovers and get all the onside kicks.  Then they must get a couple of turnovers from PA and hope they can score on almost every possession.  I've seen it happen.....about every 3 or 4 years.

HeberFan

Quote from: makessense on November 20, 2018, 09:51:51 am
The Gobs will have to play a perfect game - no turnovers and get all the onside kicks.  Then they must get a couple of turnovers from PA and hope they can score on almost every possession.  I've seen it happen.....about every 3 or 4 years.

Yeah..... Gobs needs to complete 104% of passes and kick a few 70-yard field goals, too.

Grond

Quote from: je100 on November 18, 2018, 09:21:03 am
I know of two common opponents; White Hall and Alma.  Both PA and Harrison beat White Hall by 42, and PA beat Alma by a touchdown more than Harrison beat them.

Looking underneath the hood a little, I appears that PA puts away teams faster which may go to style of play.  I still say PA wins going away, but who knows.

Very interesting point.  ;)

RabAlumni

This game is going to be awesome in my opinion.... Something is going to have to give. In 12 games P.A. has averaged 49 pts a game, while the Harrison Defense in 12 games has only allowed 8 pts per game. 

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 20, 2018, 12:12:23 pm
This game is going to be awesome in my opinion.... Something is going to have to give. In 12 games P.A. has averaged 49 pts a game, while the Harrison Defense in 12 games has only allowed 8 pts per game.

I agree with your statement.  Let me just add that as I look back over the current season, I think in all but two games PA could have scored many more TDs had they wanted to run up the score.  I haven't made the calculation, but I'd guesstimate that PA scored 70% of its points in the first half of each game on average.

the voice

Throw stats and all out the window. These are two good teams. They'll give up more and probably each score less than their averages.  It's down to the top four teams , every team left is capable of beating the other. Depends who gets the breaks and bounces.

MDXPHD

November 20, 2018, 01:37:32 pm #90 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 01:39:06 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: the voice on November 20, 2018, 01:31:14 pm
Throw stats and all out the window. These are two good teams. They'll give up more and probably each score less than their averages.  It's down to the top four teams , every team left is capable of beating the other. Depends who gets the breaks and bounces.

Well, that's debatable...I wonder what your position would have been on this in 2016

the voice

HeberFan

There is something wrong with your medulla oblongata

STBruin

Quote from: the voice on November 20, 2018, 01:54:19 pm
Remind me about 2016 ?

If my memory serves me correctly...all of the Wynne posters had been going on ALL YEAR how Wynne and the Delta Swarm Defense were going to stop PA and that the offense was unstoppable and would grind the undersized PA kids into oblivion. Add on wet and windy conditions that was going to benefit Wynne and hurt PA's passing attack...

PA-55
Wynne- 16

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Go Postal

Could this be a Rams and Chiefs game?

the voice

Yeah , I remember but don't see tie in. Unless you mean you think they'll roll Harrison.

Go Postal

November 20, 2018, 03:04:35 pm #96 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 03:07:20 pm by Go Postal
Last night's game Rams 54-51 Chiefs.

Youngsta71701

Pulaski Academy wins. But it's closer than the experts think.

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 20, 2018, 02:58:13 pm
Yeah , I remember but don't see tie in. Unless you mean you think they'll roll Harrison.

Ohh - I meant that Morrilton was actually one of the top teams that year. Had some bad fortune in the early part of the year which led to them facing Wynne early in the playoffs. I'm just saying the last four teams may not be the top four teams. I'm certain that in 2016 Morrilton was better than a first round playoff team.

the voice

Yes I agree. My sons senior year. Won 9 straight games only regular season loss to state 6a champs Russellville by 4,  they were better than one and done.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas