• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountainburg @ Junction City - Rnd 2

Started by dragondad, November 10, 2018, 08:41:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Prouddragondad

cuz

Safe travel from the Burg and back home....

Go Junction

Paperman

I think the Dragons win this one easily.  ::)

Hornet4ever

Tall task ahead for our fellow 4-2A member. Good luck Mountainburg! Hopefully everyone has a safe trip and all players stay healthy for both squads. I'll be watching from the comfort of my home!  ;D

RATTLER43

amehr36

Dragons by 40. I'll let you all guess which ones.

Hornet4ever

amehr36

thabeast428

Dragonsvoice

Good luck to My Big Blue Dragons Safe travels to all hoping for a win and hoping for a great game gonna try and  it Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

Prouddragondad

Burg killed them selves the first 2 drives. Had 1st and goal on the 2 and didn't score. Then drove again and had 1st and 10 inside the 20 and no points. Can't do that against JC.

bleudog

bleudog

Burg - 6
JC - 43

At the half

FG as time expires

Prouddragondad

JC is by far the best team Burg has played this year. They are also the dirtiest playing team we seen to. No since in some of the stuff they are doing. To good of a team to be doing that.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 16, 2018, 08:25:12 pm
JC is by far the best team Burg has played this year. They are also the dirtiest playing team we seen to. No since in some of the stuff they are doing. To good of a team to be doing that.

Are they playing dirty or are they playing a style of physical football that you're not use to seeing?  Sometimes when you watch your team go up against soft opponents all year.... then they run into a physical hard-hitting team it might seem dirty to you.

Dragon I

I might upset some people by saying this, and a couple plays were border line, but this team is finally playing with an attitude.  Something that's been missing for a couple of years since Dancy and crew left.  Maybe it's the ground and pound attitude coming back.  Whatever it is, I hope they keep it up.  A few things to correct.  The fumbles are a killer, but this team seams to be putting it together.  The last couple of years in JC, there have been a few with attitudes, but it wasn't the people that needed to.  Lol!

Dragon I

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

amehr36

Quote from: amehr36 on November 16, 2018, 04:01:22 pm
Dragons by 40. I'll let you all guess which ones.

40... 36... same difference

THA TRUTH

Quote from: mr.gametime on November 16, 2018, 08:28:16 pm
Are they playing dirty or are they playing a style of physical football that you're not use to seeing?  Sometimes when you watch your team go up against soft opponents all year.... then they run into a physical hard-hitting team it might seem dirty to you.

Soft as tissue

bleudog

bleudog

Junction City knocks off Mountainburg
This article was published November 16, 2018 at 11:32 p.m.

News-Times Staff

JUNCTION CITY - Over the last two months, big plays have seemingly become the norm for Junction City's offense.

On Friday night, the Dragons struck early and often, capping four first-half scoring drives in under four plays, as Junction City topped Mountainburg 50-14 in the second round of the 2A playoffs.

Junction City (9-2), the 8-2A's No. 1 seed, move on to the quarterfinals for a showdown against Des Arc next week.

Mountainburg (8-3), the 4-2A's No. 2 seed, lost for just the second time in their last nine games.

Dhante Gibson, who had 95 yards and two touchdowns on 10 carries, opened the scoring with a 2-yard run to cap a 60-yard scoring drive in seven plays with Jakiron Cook's two-point conversion making it 8-0.

It would be Junction City's longest scoring march of the half.

On the ensuing possession, Mountainburg drove to Junction City's 4, but were turned away after Jesse Quick was stopped for a 2-yard loss on fourth-and-goal from the 7.

On Junction City's first offensive play of the next series, they padded their lead with a big play from their passing attack, as Brady Hutcheson threw a 91-yard touchdown pass for Kevontae Haynes with Cook's two-point conversion pushing the lead to 16-0.

A junior, Hutcheson followed his two-touchdown performance from last week by going 7-of-8 passing for 250 yards with three scores against Mountainburg.

Haynes finished with 188 yards and two touchdowns on four receptions in the win.

In the last two games, the duo has collaborated for four touchdowns.

Junction City's defense came up with a second straight stop in the red zone on Mountainburg's next possession, and the Dragons needed just two plays to strike again.

Starting at their 18, Cook, who had 138 yards on just eight carries, broke free for a 78-yard run to the 4, and Gibson scored on the next play, also adding the two-point conversion to give Junction City a 24-0 lead.

The Dragons led by the same score after the opening period, but padded their lead early in the second quarter, needing just four plays to traverse 57 yards.

The duo of Hutcheson and Haynes hooked up for the second time on a 14-yard touchdown to make it 30-0.

Mountainburg got on the scoreboard with Ethan Gregory throwing a 6-yard touchdown pass to Austin Taylor to finish off an 84-yard scoring drive with 1:33 left in the half, but Junction City needed just 16 seconds to answer.

After Hutcheson found Haynes for a 48-yard gain, the junior fired a 17-yard touchdown pass to Cook with Gibson's two-point conversion making it 40-6.

After forcing a punt, the Dragons got the ball back at their 36 with 51 seconds left.

Again, Hutcheson and Haynes hooked up on a 35-yard pass play to give Junction City a first down at Mountainburg's 29.

Consecutive runs by Gibson netted 24 yards to put the ball at the 5.

On the final play of the half, Jack Smith kicked a 22-yard field goal to make it 43-6 at intermission.

Cook scored on a 1-yard run in the third quarter with Smith's extra point giving the Dragons a 50-6 lead before Mountainburg scored the final points of the game on a safety coupled with a 9-yard touchdown pass from Gregory to Sean Irvan.

Despite having the ball for less than 13 minutes in the game, Junction City rolled up 488 yards of total offense.

Taylor finished with 126 yards on 22 carries, while Gregory was 7-of-11 passing for 83 yards with two touchdowns for Mountainburg.

http://www.eldoradonews.com/news/2018/nov/16/junction-city-knocks-mountainburg/

bleudog

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 16, 2018, 08:25:12 pm

Stat link shows JC was penalized six times for 45 yards.  The PF on the Mountainburg TD catch in the north endzone was probably from watching too much NFL and trying to put the catch in question. It was a good call. I couldn't see the unsportsman like that was called on the Mountainburg sideline and couldn't tell if Jones took the kid out of the game.  I hope he did.  If the kid was a contributor, no need to risk a second unsportsman like and not having him available for the next round.

I saw the big lineman for Mountainburg get mad a something and have to be calmed down by his teammates.  There was a no call on what looked like it could have been contact out of bounds late in the game on the southeast end of the field, but the crew didn't see it as warrenting a call and they were a lot closer than I was.  I didn't recognize the crew as one having seen JC before.  As was stated earlier, and happens a lot in playoff basketball, some crews just aren't exposed to some styles of play during their regular season games.  This crew let both teams play for the most part.

There was some jawing from both teams.  There was also some knock the crap out of somebody, offer a hand to help them up and then give them a pat on the helmet.

Good job to the northern Dragons for never giving up.

bleudog

Terrance Armstard/News-Times

Collision: Junction City running back Jakiron Cook tries to break from the grasp of Mountainburg's Malachi West

(39) during their contest in the second round of the 2A playoffs Friday night in Junction City. The Dragons advanced to the quarterfinals with a 50-14 victory over Mountainburg.

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas