• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne travels to the Ozarks to visit the Goblins

Started by Go Postal, November 09, 2018, 11:27:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketFan

Drove across Crooked Creek, made it to Goblinville, ready for some good football.  Good luck to both teams tonite, play hard, play fair, and leave it all on the field.  Go Jackets, and Go Goblins

Go Postal

Quote from: JacketFan on November 16, 2018, 02:59:10 pm
Drove across Crooked Creek, made it to Goblinville, ready for some good football.  Good luck to both teams tonite, play hard, play fair, and leave it all on the field.  Go Jackets, and Go Goblins

Go Postal

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 21
Wynne Yellowjackets 14

Half.

Wynne had a great 64 yd TD pass and a great 70 yd pick 6.

Go Postal

Unofficial stats

Wynne QB went 1 if 3 for 64 passing yds.  They had 82 rushing yds.

Harrison QB went 3 of 6 for 105 passing yds.  They had 146 rushing yds.

walkingguy72396

Wynne left receiver wide open,  uncovered really. Goblins return favor by going for the throat.  Instead of going too locker room room up 14.

JessieP

Postal, Watching the game online. Husky is everything you said, great player. One thing though, you neglected to tell us about Harrison's passing game. Not exactly Tom Bradyish now is it? Must say, Wynne's 2 scores came on long plays. They haven't been able to sustain a long drive.

the voice

86jacketstchamps

Harrison you played a great game.   Your coach is an absolute piece of crap to call a fake punt with 5 minutes to go.   I can't wait to see PA roll you next week.   Your kids played hard and clean but sir you have no class.   Even your fans were apologizing for it after the game.

the voice

Harrison owes pa expect the goblins to roll 86!!  All west  championship!!! The jackets ran the score up on plenty of folks under hill.

the voice

walkingguy72396

MDXPHD

Go Postal

the voice

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on November 16, 2018, 08:22:12 pm
Postal, Watching the game online. Husky is everything you said, great player. One thing though, you neglected to tell us about Harrison's passing game. Not exactly Tom Bradyish now is it? Must say, Wynne's 2 scores came on long plays. They haven't been able to sustain a long drive.

Shouldn't you be focused on homecoming?

JacketFan

Quote from: Go Postal on November 16, 2018, 09:27:32 pm
Great game Wynne have a safe trip back
Congrats to the Goblins, great Defensive team, and Huskey is pretty darn good too.  Great year to the Jackets, hold your head up boys, I think we had what, ten turnovers, can't beat a team as good as Harrison with that many mistakes.  Much respect to the Goblin nation on the hospitality they showed me and my family, met a lot of nice folks, outstanding facilities, and I am wishing you guys the best of luck next week at PA.  In the words of the great Mr. Postal, Gobs gonna Punish.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: the voice on November 16, 2018, 09:17:45 pm
Harrison owes pa expect the goblins to roll 86!!  All west  championship!!! The jackets ran the score up on plenty of folks under hill.

I will take that bet for sure.   Hill would have never called a fake punt.   Few coaches would.   Don't try to defend coward crap like that.  It's one thing to line up and score when a team cannot stop you at end of game but a fake punt?   Seriously.  Those players for Harrison played lights out, that was a black mark on a great game by them. 

the voice

November 17, 2018, 01:48:34 am #68 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:35:47 am by the voice
Splitting hairs aren't you ?? You and I have had personal conversations by phone ! Whether  you know it or not. Running the score up is running it up ! I'll leave this alone.

Go Postal

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on November 16, 2018, 09:15:17 pm
Harrison you played a great game.   Your coach is an absolute piece of crap to call a fake punt with 5 minutes to go.   I can't wait to see PA roll you next week.   Your kids played hard and clean but sir you have no class.   Even your fans were apologizing for it after the game.
Here is the link to the game:

https://youtu.be/4XsnoUwoX6Q

Everyone has their own right to their opinion but after watching the game again of where you was talking about, I think you're wrong.  I didn't see the coach tell the punter to run the ball.  I believe that, like our QBs, the punter has been told if he sees a opportunity to run, to do so.  I'll try to do like Almatrackster does and break down play by play starting at around the 2:31:42 mark of the video.
Wynne on 3rd down on own 39 yard line
Time out called by Wynne
Wynne fumbles, Harrison recovers ball on Wynne 35 yd line
6:30 to go in the 4th quarter
Goblins start putting JV QB and team in at Yellowjackets 35 yd line
1st down, Harrison loses 2 yds to Wynne 37 yd line
2nd down, Harrison gains 1 yd to Wynne 36
5 minutes to go in game, Harrison gets delay of game 5 yd penalty to Wynne 41
3rd down, Harrison has incomplete pass
4th down, Harrison sends in punt team with punter standing on Goblins 48 yd line, ball on Wynne 41
Left and right footed rugby style punter sees opening and runs 38 actual yds down to Wynne 24 yd line for 1st down
1st down, Sophomore JV QB runs 24 yd for TD.  PAT good.  Harrison 49 Wynne 14 with around 4 minutes to go in game.  Sportsmanship rule in effect.

Like I said earlier, everyone has an opinion and that's okay but as for thinking that the coach wanted to run up the score, you can't tell a JV team or any player to go out on the field and not do their best.  We have played Greenwood and PA in the past and didn't blame the coach or JV players when they scored.  It happens.
But Wynne did score 14 points on Harrison's defense which only two other teams have managed this year.

doctor in the house

I do not think you can accuse anyone of running up the score or being unsportsmanlike when they are playing subs. I personally was hoping that coach would leave the starters in since it was their last game at Harrison and in front of one of the biggest crowds that I have ever seen at Garrison stadium.

Postal, I enjoy your posts but I disagree with your comment that Wynne scored 14 points against the Harrison defense, that was not the case, the pick 6 can not be credited against our D..  This bunch of kids take a lot of pride in not giving up points , in fact I don't think any team has scored more than 1 TD in a game vs the Harrison starting defense this season. There have been several games when the starters did not see the field after the 3rd qtr..
Pretty salty defense and I think that they deserve much more credit than they have been given..
IF Harrison wins next week it will more then likely be the result of another outstanding effort from the Goblin defense!

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: the voice on November 17, 2018, 01:48:34 am
Splitting hairs aren't you ?? You and I have had personal conversations by phone ! Whether  you know it or not. Running the score up is running it up ! I'll leave this alone.

Your welcome to call me again.  Fake punt with 5 minutes to go is a fake punt.  Harrison played a great game.   

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Go Postal on November 17, 2018, 08:30:48 am
Here is the link to the game:

https://youtu.be/4XsnoUwoX6Q

Everyone has their own right to their opinion but after watching the game again of where you was talking about, I think you're wrong.  I didn't see the coach tell the punter to run the ball.  I believe that, like our QBs, the punter has been told if he sees a opportunity to run, to do so.  I'll try to do like Almatrackster does and break down play by play starting at around the 2:31:42 mark of the video.
Wynne on 3rd down on own 39 yard line
Time out called by Wynne
Wynne fumbles, Harrison recovers ball on Wynne 35 yd line
6:30 to go in the 4th quarter
Goblins start putting JV QB and team in at Yellowjackets 35 yd line
1st down, Harrison loses 2 yds to Wynne 37 yd line
2nd down, Harrison gains 1 yd to Wynne 36
5 minutes to go in game, Harrison gets delay of game 5 yd penalty to Wynne 41
3rd down, Harrison has incomplete pass
4th down, Harrison sends in punt team with punter standing on Goblins 48 yd line, ball on Wynne 41
Left and right footed rugby style punter sees opening and runs 38 actual yds down to Wynne 24 yd line for 1st down
1st down, Sophomore JV QB runs 24 yd for TD.  PAT good.  Harrison 49 Wynne 14 with around 4 minutes to go in game.  Sportsmanship rule in effect.

Like I said earlier, everyone has an opinion and that's okay but as for thinking that the coach wanted to run up the score, you can't tell a JV team or any player to go out on the field and not do their best.  We have played Greenwood and PA in the past and didn't blame the coach or JV players when they scored.  It happens.
But Wynne did score 14 points on Harrison's defense which only two other teams have managed this year.

Bet they didn't call a fake punt with 5 minutes to go though.  Harrison played a great game.

Go Postal

November 17, 2018, 09:43:47 am #73 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:48:35 am by Go Postal
Quote from: doctor in the house on November 17, 2018, 09:25:41 am
I do not think you can accuse anyone of running up the score or being unsportsmanlike when they are playing subs. I personally was hoping that coach would leave the starters in since it was their last game at Harrison and in front of one of the biggest crowds that I have ever seen at Garrison stadium.

Postal, I enjoy your posts but I disagree with your comment that Wynne scored 14 points against the Harrison defense, that was not the case, the pick 6 can not be credited against our D..  This bunch of kids take a lot of pride in not giving up points , in fact I don't think any team has scored more than 1 TD in a game vs the Harrison starting defense this season. There have been several games when the starters did not see the field after the 3rd qtr..
Pretty salty defense and I think that they deserve much more credit than they have been given..
IF Harrison wins next week it will more then likely be the result of another outstanding effort from the Goblin defense!
doctor, you're very correct.  That one long TD pass that Wynne did was the only mistake that the GOB defense did.  I meant to say, "But Wynne did score 14 points on Harrison which only two other teams have managed this year."  I brag about our defense all the time and also the offensive line.  They are some of the best that I have seen.

Sir Alex

Quote from: doctor in the house on November 17, 2018, 09:25:41 am

When Harrison wins next Friday it will be because of a total team effort and our crap coach (not my words) and his staff outcoached the king of the bench press. 

Drama Mama ™

November 17, 2018, 10:07:11 am #75 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:10:26 am by Drama Mama ™
Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on November 17, 2018, 01:15:42 am
I will take that bet for sure.   Hill would have never called a fake punt.   Few coaches would.   Don't try to defend coward crap like that.  It's one thing to line up and score when a team cannot stop you at end of game but a fake punt?   Seriously.  Those players for Harrison played lights out, that was a black mark on a great game by them. 
Coward crap ? Really ? REALLY ?  Yes few coaches would call that play .  That's probaly why we're playing next week 😉  all's fair in love and war 86.  We're playing to win and not really worrying about "hurting the other teams feelings"  .  Didn't run the score up on the Jackets anymore than any other team we've played this season 👍🏽

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on November 17, 2018, 10:07:11 am
Coward crap ? Really ? REALLY ?  Yes few coaches would call that play .  That's probaly why we're playing next week 😉  all's fair in love and war 86.  We're playing to win and not really worrying about "hurting the other teams feelings"  .  Didn't run the score up on the Jackets anymore than any other team we've played this season 👍🏽

Never said anything about running up the score.   Fake punt at that stage of the game is what it is.   You approve and I could care less.   Harrison boys played a great game. Impressive facilities for sure, big upgrade since when I played there in 86. 

the voice

Where you been DM???? Good to see you back on here !!! Hope we play  again !!!

Deuceswild

You know u good when Wynne complains about u running the score up on them, just sayin.  :-X At least this year they are defending their own coach, last year was a totally different story for the Wynne Posters. But I'm just here to post facts, dont mind me. For the record, I knew that play was coming all year, just waited for the right Defense to run it on, just happened to be you guys. As far as the kids playing, ton of respect for them, got to watch them a few different times over the last few years and there are some classy kids on that team. Keep up the good work, you guys are always in the hunt.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 17, 2018, 10:38:40 am
You know u good when Wynne complains about u running the score up on them, just sayin.  :-X At least this year they are defending their own coach, last year was a totally different story for the Wynne Posters. But I'm just here to post facts, dont mind me. For the record, I knew that play was coming all year, just waited for the right Defense to run it on, just happened to be you guys. As far as the kids playing, ton of respect for them, got to watch them a few different times over the last few years and there are some classy kids on that team. Keep up the good work, you guys are always in the hunt.

Once again, where did anyone say they were running the score up?   He called a fake punt and I think it is classless.  My opinion is mine and not reflective of anyone else's.  You think it was a good call then so be it.  Hats off to the Harrison players.   Boys played a great game. 

Drama Mama ™

November 17, 2018, 11:15:29 am #80 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:27:48 pm by football_referee
86 , why you still complaining ?   You basically have called our coach a classless piece of crap !  Stay classy their buddy ! I'm sure it was a long drive home last night for ya and you had lots of time to replay the game in your head . Instead of focusing on the "fake punt " play , let's focus on the facts that matter . We won . The fake punt didn't determine the outcome of the game or the final score . The monkey slapping was already happening by that point . The Jackets kept it close and the fans on the edge of their seats for 2 quarters . It went to heck in a hand basket for y'all after the half . We played 4 full quarters and our "seasoned classless coach " coached 4 full quarters ".  We played hard and we stepped up when the refs tried to change the game for ya and turn it in your favor . Hope y'all fed them well on the way outta town 😉   So here's the deal ......... the better team won last night . I'm sure your players left it all on the field .  Good teams do that .  Now , we gotta focus on The University of PA and do a little good, clean smack talking over on that thread 😇  congrats on a good season . 

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: the voice on November 17, 2018, 10:14:09 am
Where you been DM???? Good to see you back on here !!! Hope we play  again !!!
Been saving it up for the big games 😉 

Brian G

Drama Mama ™

football_referee

Guys you need to stay classy
The name calling will stop right now or this thread will be shut down and the violators will be handled accordingly.

I have edited one of the post and removed the curse word

You all may need to read and familiarize yourself with the rule of the board

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on November 17, 2018, 11:15:29 am
86 , why you still complaining ?   You basically have called our coach a classless piece of crap !  Stay classy their buddy ! I'm sure it was a long drive home last night for ya and you had lots of time to replay the game in your head . Instead of focusing on the "fake punt " play , let's focus on the facts that matter . We won . The fake punt didn't determine the outcome of the game or the final score . The monkey slapping was already happening by that point . The Jackets kept it close and the fans on the edge of their seats for 2 quarters . It went to heck in a hand basket for y'all after the half . We played 4 full quarters and our "seasoned classless coach " coached 4 full quarters ".  We played hard and we stepped up when the refs tried to change the game for ya and turn it in your favor . Hope y'all fed them well on the way outta town 😉   So here's the deal ......... the better team won last night . I'm sure your players left it all on the field .  Good teams do that .  Now , we gotta focus on The University of PA and do a little good, clean smack talking over on that thread 😇  congrats on a good season .

Who's complaining.    I think I made it clear that Harrison played a great game.  Doesn't cover up the coach calling a fake punt with 4 something to go.   Refs tried to help Wynne?  How many cut blocks you ever hear called on defense?   Last night was a first for me.    Have a good one. 

Grond

November 17, 2018, 01:03:52 pm #86 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 01:14:44 pm by Grond
Regarding the fake punt: IT WAS A CALLED PLAY.

What gives the play away is the three front blockers. As soon as the ball is snapped, they start running to their left (along with the punter), to form a blocking wall. Also, when the punter catches the ball, he tucks it immediately.

It was a called play by the Harrison coaching staff. If you look at the kicker and three front blockers when they line up, they all turn and look to the sidelines. All four players see the signal, because they turn back and face forward at the same time.

Some teams do run a "situation" fake punt, where the punter catches the ball, reads the defense to check for a rush, and makes a decision to run. In that case, the front blockers stay in position, because they don't know if the punter is going to punt or not.

In terms of sportsmanship, it was a poor choice by the Harrison coaching staff.

EDIT: In terms of tactics, it was a TERRIBLE decision by Harrison. Because Harrison just showed Pulaski Academy how they run their fake punt.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Grond on November 17, 2018, 01:03:52 pm

What gives the play away is the three front blockers. As soon as the ball is snapped, they start running to their left (along with the punter), to form a blocking wall. Also, when the punter catches the ball, he tucks it immediately.

It was a called play by the Harrison coaching staff. If you look at the kicker and three front blockers when they line up, they all turn and look to the sidelines. All four players see the signal, because they turn back and face forward at the same time.

Some teams do run a "situation" fake punt, where the punter catches the ball, reads the defense to check for a rush, and makes a decision to run. In that case, the front blockers stay in position, because they don't know if the punter is going to punt or not.

EDIT: In terms of tactics, it was a TERRIBLE decision by Harrison. Because Harrison just showed Pulaski Academy how they run their fake punt.

You said it way better than I did.   

Deltaswarm3

I would like to see Harrison win, but they will need more than a fake punt up their sleeve to win this one, they will need every trick in the bag and it probably still won't be enough, Good  luck to both teams, I think PA will win by 3 touchdowns.

sevenof400

You better behave - or the Harrison baseball team will show up at your next home game!    ;D

(For those who are not aware, this is a reference to past noteworthy - and story worthy - events)   

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 19, 2018, 12:03:28 pm

You better behave - or the Harrison baseball team will show up at your next home game!    ;D

(For those who are not aware, this is a reference to past noteworthy - and story worthy - events)

Yea have to watch out for sure.  LOL

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 17, 2018, 09:20:45 pm
I would like to see Harrison win, but they will need more than a fake punt up their sleeve to win this one, they will need every trick in the bag and it probably still won't be enough, Good  luck to both teams, I think PA will win by 3 touchdowns.
Spot on!

Sasquatch71

Actually the call was in fact one of these read punts.  As he rolled out if the defense puts anyone out there to contain the ball would have been punted.  He is a left footed soccer style punter so he would have booted it away.  Call it classless if you want but all that needed to be done is contain which is a basis of all football Defenses. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas