• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern Coaching Job

Started by THE D.O.C, November 07, 2018, 02:27:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddie20

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 16, 2018, 09:09:21 am
McClellan-Coach Moody would be a Great hire.
What he's done at McClellan should not go unnoticed. I've been watching him from afar.
If they offer Coach Moody, he will have a decision to make: stay at McClellan when they combine to make a 7A school with athletes everywhere or go to a 4A school with talent coming up for a couple of years.
Which one will pay more? I do know Malvern pays their coaches pretty well and they take care of them for the most part by keeping them out of the classroom as much as possible.
BTW Moody and the Crimson Lions looking to pull an upset tonight over the powerful Bruins! Go Lions!

HeberFan

I hear Bobby Petrino is available.....

HonestAbe20

November 17, 2018, 07:59:53 pm #52 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:01:45 pm by HonestAbe20
I don't see Burnett leaving Hot Springs. What coaches have been at Malvern before and are still coaching?

gameoflife

Whats a better school to work in Hot Springs or Malvern?

THE D.O.C

bootsie84

Malvern sucks. Who would want to coach there?

THE D.O.C

Quote from: bootsie84 on November 24, 2018, 03:08:42 pm
Malvern sucks. Who would want to coach there?
Apparently you don't know Malvern's history.

game on

Schools change, communities change. Not saying this is true of Malvern just that it does happen.

justafan33

Since all the coaching knowledge these guys Express I'm picking these top 4 candidates in no particular order:

-scrapman
-Orangecrush
-RyanLR
-Coltfan2005

You're thoughts?

OrangeCrush.

There's no amount of money that could get me to go to Malvern.

justafan33

OrangeCrush.:
---End Quote---

They wear the same orange.  Lol

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: justafan33 on November 24, 2018, 10:09:04 pm
OrangeCrush.:
---End Quote---

They wear the same orange.  Lol
Right, because school colors is the reason I wouldn't go.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: justafan33 on November 24, 2018, 09:03:17 pm
Since all the coaching knowledge these guys Express I'm picking these top 4 candidates in no particular order:

-scrapman
-Orangecrush
-RyanLR
-Coltfan2005

You're thoughts?
My thought's are. Who are you? Oh, you're "Justafan" LOL

youhavenoidea

Any word yet on who is being interviewed or if they have even started interviews?

Pat Swilling

youhavenoidea

Quote from: Pat Swilling on November 28, 2018, 10:06:22 am
Brian Hembree?
Earlier post mentioned Burnett.  Any word about that?  Is Hembree a real candidate?

HeberFan

Houston Dale Nutt has some free time....

game on

Quote from: HeberFan on November 28, 2018, 11:45:45 am
Houston Dale Nutt has some free time....

Nutt makes more money doing college football commentary. 

athletic supporter

Some names to ponder perhaps:

Kehner from Glen Rose-a winner from the area

Vega from Dardanelle-has had success at Dardy

Smith from Dover-had a ton of success at Prescott

Cody from Atkins-has had success at Atkins and has coached at larger schools before

Jones from Lamar-won state at Magazine and has had success at Lamar

Do any of those peak the interest of the Leopard faithful?

mrknowitall

Plumlee At Ft. lake...worked at Malvern for a couple years.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: mrknowitall on November 28, 2018, 04:45:32 pm
Plumlee At Ft. lake...worked at Malvern for a couple years.
Interesting...not sure about him leaving a school for another in same conference, but you never know I guess...What's his record been at Ft. Lake?

beach bum

Warren DC spot is open? Just a coincidence or nah? He have any ties to SW Arkansas?

AirWarren

November 29, 2018, 10:45:23 am #72 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:51:20 am by AirWarren
Quote from: beach bum on November 29, 2018, 10:38:58 am
Warren DC spot is open? Just a coincidence or nah? He have any ties to SW Arkansas?

It's been open all year.

The DC for the past several years took an admin role at the middle school over the summer.

Warren defense duties and offensive duties were covered by hembree the majority of the year. Kind of a coach by committee type deal.

Beaver Fever

Kehner won't leave, why would he. no one else on that list would be a good fit.  Plumblee possibly since he has worked there

HeberFan

November 29, 2018, 01:25:31 pm #74 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:26:46 pm by HeberFan
Wherever you go... there you are.

beach bum

November 29, 2018, 01:29:54 pm #75 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:32:13 pm by beach bum
Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2018, 10:45:23 am
It's been open all year.

The DC for the past several years took an admin role at the middle school over the summer.

Warren defense duties and offensive duties were covered by hembree the majority of the year. Kind of a coach by committee type deal.

Honestly that ends up being mentally exhausting when a head coach has that much on his plate.... covering offense and defense that heavily at one time not being able to delegate things as much. I am sure he will be happy when a full time DC is in place.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on November 29, 2018, 01:29:54 pm
Honestly that ends up being mentally exhausting when a head coach has that much on his plate.... covering offense and defense that heavily at one time not being able to delegate things as much. I am sure he will be happy when a full time DC is in place.

Things just never "felt right" about this year lol.

Sick Dog

GO to Osceola and ask Coach Hooks what it would take for him to come to Malvern. You won't find a better coach for the job. Will turn program around instantly.

TrenchHogs

Why isn't Mark King at Foreman being mentioned? State title last year and semi final appearance this year? He has proven success.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: TrenchHogs on December 04, 2018, 09:33:25 am
Why isn't Mark King at Foreman being mentioned? State title last year and semi final appearance this year? He has proven success.

King is an awesome Coach.

TrenchHogs

KOJACK

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 28, 2018, 03:45:09 pm
Some names to ponder perhaps:

Kehner from Glen Rose-a winner from the area

Vega from Dardanelle-has had success at Dardy

Smith from Dover-had a ton of success at Prescott

Cody from Atkins-has had success at Atkins and has coached at larger schools before

Jones from Lamar-won state at Magazine and has had success at Lamar

Do any of those peak the interest of the Leopard faithful?
Smith would be a good fit imo...Malvern is similar to Prescott in several ways and I can imagine Smith is ready to get out of Dover.

Beaver Fever

I hunt with a guy that is very well connected in Malvern.  According to him it's a done deal and his name has been mentioned on this thread already

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Beaver Fever on December 04, 2018, 11:43:34 am
I hunt with a guy that is very well connected in Malvern.  According to him it's a done deal and his name has been mentioned on this thread already
Wouldn't say a done deal, but the offer has been made.

nomorewhining

Decent raise....won't have to move....can bring a couple of assistants. hard to say "no"

Str8thug

Glass from Prescott.  Bring the P town track attack to malvern  ;D

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Beaver Fever on December 04, 2018, 11:43:34 am
Who's the mystery coach. Give me a clue cause I have an idea.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 04, 2018, 02:02:39 pm
Who's the mystery coach. Give me a clue cause I have an idea.
Not good to let that leak out before it's a done deal and the guy has a chance to tell his team.  My sources indicate that it's 50/50 anyways.

Arkansasprofit

December 04, 2018, 03:21:23 pm #88 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 03:34:32 pm by Arkansasprofit
Burnett would be a good one
Plumlee would be a good one
King would be a good one as well.

HeberFan

Quote from: Arkansasprofit on December 04, 2018, 03:21:23 pm
Heard Burnett turned it down, and that he is happy where he is at.
Heard they are going after Plumlee.
King wants it from what I have heard, but I heard he hasn't been contacted by anyone at Malvern.

Rumors... not cool.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: HeberFan on December 04, 2018, 03:26:38 pm
Rumors... not cool.
Is this the same Plumlee who's at Fountain Lake? If so isn't he struggling there too?

THE D.O.C

Personally I think the next coach that comes to Malvern has to be someone that can change the culture. Not knocking Scarborough, I just think he was tired of trying to get players to "Buy-in". This next person should be someone who can win-over players/parents along with the community. Malvern is starving for a new direction, the kind of leadership John Fogleman had. It's time for Malvern to find that "young" coach that can make a difference. Malvern has too many talented kids that deserve an opportunity to be coached by someone to help them excel on and off the field. Need to hire someone to guide those talented kids to the next level.

KOJACK

Quote from: nomorewhining on December 04, 2018, 12:25:20 pm
Decent raise....won't have to move....can bring a couple of assistants. hard to say "no"
Must be Kehner...I think he's the only one on the list that wouldn't have to move. Kehner coached at Prescott before he went to GR so he'd be ok there.

game on

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 04, 2018, 03:50:43 pm
It's time for Malvern to find that "young" coach that can make a difference. Malvern has too many talented kids that deserve an opportunity to be coached by someone to help them excel on and off the field. Need to hire someone to guide those talented kids to the next level.

Exactly how "young" is "young"?  Isn't 60 the new 40?
Shouldn't they be concerned with someone "young" of mind and spirit?  "Old" in experience and wisdom!

Str8thug

What about the young OC at Arkadelphia, Casey Moreland.  He is going to his 3rd title game this saturday. He is from the area as well.

HeberFan

Mike McCarthy and Winston Moss are both available....

game on

I would be surprised if it was not someone with Malvern ties.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: game on on December 05, 2018, 01:25:23 pm
I would be surprised if it was not someone with Malvern ties.
Did the last coach have Malvern ties?

THE D.O.C

Quote from: game on on December 05, 2018, 11:00:06 am
Shouldn't they be concerned with someone "young" of mind and spirit?  "Old" in experience and wisdom!
Young coaches have more in common with young players. I'd say from 25 to 45

RZback

Quote from: game on on December 05, 2018, 11:00:06 am

Qualifications should be the main factor in hiring.  Age is just a number. How many of the teams in the state finals had old coaches?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas