• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ED at Benton (Game of the Week)

Started by Wildcat Football, October 08, 2018, 09:50:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat Football

Thoughts on this game?  If ED can beat Benton, then solidifies #2 seed in West.  I think stopping Benton RB Z. Wallace will be a tall order for Wildcats.  Benton Sr. QB out due to injury next couple of weeks, starting a sophomore but good passer.  We have not faired well in big games this year, Cabot or GW both home games.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

jay nelvin

I think Benton rolls in this one, setting up a showdown with GW.

Topdog1

Benton way too much for ED.  Mercy rule is coming.

Wildcat Football

Mercy rule? So what your saying this is not worthy of game of the week talk?

thebigshot

El Dorado wins. El Dorado will be taking the Benton cheerleaders out for a late dinner on Friday night. They will rely on El Dorado because they will get the job done.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: thebigshot on October 08, 2018, 01:00:55 pm
El Dorado wins. El Dorado will be taking the Benton cheerleaders out for a late dinner on Friday night. They will rely on El Dorado because they will get the job done.
For our viewers, this is an inside joke.  Benton's school AD made us take down one of our signs during a playoff game a few years ago on this topic. Good one, revisiting old sore points, current players were probably in jr high and may remember.  Benton has played well at home, Reed better bring some creative play calling like Coach Morris did at UoA this past weekend.  I have a feeling it will take a lot of points to stay in the game.

Walter

Benton will miss their starting QB if he is out. The only two teams to score much on them was Bryant (a 2 and a half quarter game) and Cabot. Don't sell Benton's defense short. It would not surprise me to see a 28 21 game with Benton on top.

The Future

Benton 35
Eldo 21

Game stays close til the 4th and Benton pulls away on a late score and Eldo won't be able to close the gap.

Topdog1

Benton by Mercy rule.  Eldo won't be able to keep up. 

thebigshot

Benton is not going to mercy rule El Dorado.

Topdog1

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 08, 2018, 11:58:01 am
Mercy rule? So what your saying this is not worthy of game of the week talk?

Absolutely not worthy.  Not even going to be close.

Lumberjackfan1978

Benton to much for El Dorado. Benton by 21

High Voltage

Quote from: SardisHog on October 08, 2018, 05:43:34 pm
Benton will miss their starting QB if he is out. The only two teams to score much on them was Bryant (a 2 and a half quarter game) and Cabot. Don't sell Benton's defense short. It would not surprise me to see a 28 21 game with Benton on top.
Is he out? I have heard bits and pieces but nothing confirmed. The kid is a great talent. Hope he gets better. Is it his knee again? I know he tore his ACL against Greenwood last year.

AHS06

Quote from: Topdog1 on October 09, 2018, 11:44:57 am
Benton by Mercy rule.  Eldo won't be able to keep up.
Benton will not mercy rule El Dorado

Wildcat Football

Quote from: High Voltage on October 10, 2018, 12:01:45 am
Is he out? I have heard bits and pieces but nothing confirmed. The kid is a great talent. Hope he gets better. Is it his knee again? I know he tore his ACL against Greenwood last year.
Word on the street is not ACL or knee, had broken toe during Siloam game and never returned, then broke throwing hand in a non-football related event local paper says; probably out several weeks but should return sometime this season.  Sophomore QB not to be underestimated, putting up some good pass numbers last 2 games.

Sports Guru

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

What's the status of Benton's QB?  Are there any Benton fans out there?

Wildcat Football

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 12, 2018, 02:48:34 pm
What's the status of Benton's QB?  Are there any Benton fans out there?
A friend of mine in benton said he's out at least ED and GW next week game, probably be back last 2 regular season games & playoffs.

Flashmob

Benton up 62-35 with about 4 minutes left

Bigfootdogfan

Doesn't look like they are missing ther starting QB.

Flashmob

Zac Wallace is a beast. I'm interested in seeing his rushing yards/all purpose yards tonight.

zebrafan

WOW!!  Benton/Greenwood matchup 😬😬👀

Bigfootdogfan

Probably the best running back in the state this year. I know GW won't stop him we just hope to slow him down enough to get the win. Going to be one good game next week.

Flashmob

Wallace rushed for 271 and 34 passing  for 305 total yards. His third game to rush for more than 200 yards too. Wow.

Bigfootdogfan

Like I said I am sure GW won't stop him but just hope to slow him down enough to get a win.

Wildcat Football

Well, it got interesting when we recovered onside kick, but couldn't move ball and Wallace took over in second half, as predicted.  I like Benton's team this year, but playing on road v. GW and forecast for cold rain, should be interesting game, turnovers will be decisive factor.  Top 4 in 6A at this juncture: WM/Searcy EAST and GW/Benton WEST.

VanillaThunder

ISU7

Bigfootdogfan

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas