• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview @ Texarkana

Started by Hogman2018, September 24, 2018, 11:05:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

Overdahill

spongebob

Youngsta71701

I hate to say it but Texarkana by a lot. :(

Cardinalboi07

We have a punchers chance. Texarkana led Magnolia 7-0 for most of the first half. Magnolia's star running back was out after the first play of the game and never returned. Texarkana is very talented, well organized but historically CF has always played Texarkana pretty well on the road. Plus, we got a little momentum now. We'll see

Hogman2018

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on September 24, 2018, 02:37:23 pm
We have a punchers chance. Texarkana led Magnolia 7-0 for most of the first half. Magnolia's star running back was out after the first play of the game and never returned. Texarkana is very talented, well organized but historically CF has always played Texarkana pretty well on the road. Plus, we got a little momentum now. We'll see
Texarkana turned the ball over twice inside the 20 on Interceptions in the first half!! Magnolia better be glad it wasnt a dry field!

AHS06

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on September 24, 2018, 02:37:23 pm
We lost our starting RB in Week 2 and left at least 2 scores on the board during the first half.  There was a reason Magnolia wanted to keep the game on their on sloppy field.  However, you are correct Camden has always played Texarkana tough back in the old 5A South.  Camden will be brought back to reality after playing the Hogs. 

The A-Team

Quote from: AHS06 on September 24, 2018, 04:44:26 pm
We lost our starting RB in Week 2 and left at least 2 scores on the board during the first half.  There was a reason Magnolia wanted to keep the game on their on sloppy field.  However, you are correct Camden has always played Texarkana tough back in the old 5A South.  Camden will be brought back to reality after playing the Hogs.
Can someone tell me when was the last time Texarkana won a state title? Before anyone get smart I'm asking because it came up at my job and no one knew.

razorcardsfan11

AHS06

Quote from: The A-Team on September 24, 2018, 06:45:36 pm
Can someone tell me when was the last time Texarkana won a state title? Before anyone get smart I'm asking because it came up at my job and no one knew.
We won the 6A title back-to-back in 2006-2007 and finished runner-up in 2010.  Camden actually lost to Greenwood in 2010 right before our 6A title game.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AHS06 on September 24, 2018, 07:28:33 pm
We won the 6A title back-to-back in 2006-2007 and finished runner-up in 2010.  Camden actually lost to Greenwood in 2010 right before our 6A title game.
Hey man don't bring up that painful memory lol. :( :( :(

Cardinalboi07

The craziest thing about that time. CF beat Texarkana and El Dorado the year before and it was during a down year for us. It was the last year of the old 5A. Cudos to Texarkana for being able to turn it around so quick.

AHS06

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on September 25, 2018, 08:48:06 am
The craziest thing about that time. CF beat Texarkana and El Dorado the year before and it was during a down year for us. It was the last year of the old 5A. Cudos to Texarkana for being able to turn it around so quick.
The year you are referring was a down year for Texarkana as well but we did win the conference.  There were a lot of sophomores on the field and they went on to win state the next couple of years.  We lost to Pine Bluff in overtime that year and lost to Camden because we failed on a two point conversion at the end of game to avoid going into overtime.

Some people don't realize that Texarkana and Camden are a small rivalry.  In the old 5A South it was between Pine Bluff, Texarkana, El Dorado, and some years Camden.

zebrafan

Quote from: AHS06 on September 25, 2018, 09:28:19 am
The year you are referring was a down year for Texarkana as well but we did win the conference.  There were a lot of sophomores on the field and they went on to win state the next couple of years.  We lost to Pine Bluff in overtime that year and lost to Camden because we failed on a two point conversion at the end of game to avoid going into overtime.

Some people don't realize that Texarkana and Camden are a small rivalry.  In the old 5A South it was between Pine Bluff, Texarkana, El Dorado, and some years Camden.
Great games in the old 5A South!

Lumberjackfan1978

The A-Team

Thanks

browning_gold_12

Well, 8th, 9th,and JV all beat Texarkana this week... Can we pull off the sweep??

Hogman2018

Nope!! You want have your home referees

Beaver Fever

Will the new Texarkana transfer play tonight?

AHS06

Hogman2018

Quote from: Beaver Fever on September 28, 2018, 09:26:40 am
Will the new Texarkana transfer play tonight?
No he cant play this year he has already played for another team!

zebrafan

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 28, 2018, 10:12:03 am
No he cant play this year he has already played for another team!
Who's the new transfer? Position?

CoachWhoever

Texarkana too much for the varsity cards.

AHS06

Hogs are playing sloppy and the backup RB is out.

#1 Hog fan

These refs are horrible another reason it was unfair to play in texarkana a second year in a row

AHS06

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on September 28, 2018, 09:44:06 pm
These refs are horrible another reason it was unfair to play in texarkana a second year in a row
No doubt the refs were bad and there were a lot of flags but those calls went both ways.

Hogman2018

Texarkana had a whole lot more flags than Camden did! Yall just better be glad our running back didnt play tonight u would of got beat worse! Our backup had three fumbles tonight although he is just a sophomore!

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 28, 2018, 11:11:48 pm
Texarkana had a whole lot more flags than Camden did! Yall just better be glad our running back didnt play tonight u would of got beat worse! Our backup had three fumbles tonight although he is just a sophomore!
Not to mention he's technically the 3rd RB on the dept chart.

#1 Hog fan

Most of y'all flags were deserved a lot still not called on texarkana if you want tbh and you can think what you want but I'm just speaking on facts

Hogman2018

Im gonna think the way I want for sure! U must not watched  the same game i did!  Yalls #8 talked trash all night and held our receivers all night just watch the film

Hogman2018

Quote from: zebrafan on September 28, 2018, 02:40:47 pm
Who's the new transfer? Position?
Soph. QB from Ashdown named Bishop. Been offered already by Arkansas in baseball. I was told he is ranked # 10 in his class in the US! Very good QB with a great arm!!

poochpunt53

Yeah Texarkana fans...Be cocky...refs...injured players...excuses...point is you almost got beat by an average team at your stadium...Enjoy this years Senior class...The future looks very average...I've seen your 8th, 9th and JV teams...very middlin'...Better hope you don't get bumped back up to 6A...Greenwood...El Do...Benton...Russellville will kill you just like before...after this year get ready for some 5-5 teams...

AHS06

Quote from: poochpunt53 on September 29, 2018, 09:09:16 pm
Yeah Texarkana fans...Be cocky...refs...injured players...excuses...point is you almost got beat by an average team at your stadium...Enjoy this years Senior class...The future looks very average...I've seen your 8th, 9th and JV teams...very middlin'...Better hope you don't get bumped back up to 6A...Greenwood...El Do...Benton...Russellville will kill you just like before...after this year get ready for some 5-5 teams...
Your team is?  Our program is still in a rebuilding stage.  We have suffered many mediocre seasons that actually depleted our program.  All of those teams mentioned know the tradition coming out of Texarkana. Plus only GW and El Dorado have a better 6A resume.  Facts are we turned the ball over twice in the redzone, played our 3rd string RB, played a sloppy game, and our opponent was no match.

zebrafan

Quote from: AHS06 on September 29, 2018, 11:34:52 pm
Your team is?  Our program is still in a rebuilding stage.  We have suffered many mediocre seasons that actually depleted our program.  All of those teams mentioned know the tradition coming out of Texarkana. Plus only GW and El Dorado have a better 6A resume.  Facts are we turned the ball over twice in the redzone, played our 3rd string RB, played a sloppy game, and our opponent was no match.
Don't forget PB! 😬

Hogman2018

Quote from: poochpunt53 on September 29, 2018, 09:09:16 pm
You hope we go back to 6A dont you well it aint happening!! I hope you dont go by the Jayvee team score because our best sophomores are not even playing! That running back that had 145 yds on your varsity Friday didnt play you dont think he would of made a difference! Your 9th grade team beat us by one touchdown with all them holding calls! Your 8th grade did beat us pretty good but you do know we had another 8th grade team playing in Texas thursday night! CF is the one that will always be average I promise you that. Enjoy your five and six wins every year!! Keep on thinking that about them sub varsity teams! It is all how you develope your kids and I know our coaching staff is better than CF!

Hogman2018

Texarkana had 8 flags for 81 yards and CF had 6 flags for 40 yards!! So find a better excusevthan that!

Jimmy1995

None of that matters anymore. Texarkana pulled out the win. Just ready to see the post from Texarkana fans when they lose to LR McClellan

Hogman2018

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on September 30, 2018, 05:56:19 pm
None of that matters anymore. Texarkana pulled out the win. Just ready to see the post from Texarkana fans when they lose to LR McClellan         Jimmy yall might beat us!! But answer this who has Mcclellan played that you think they are unbeatable! Not one taem with a winning record. Fair,Dollarwy, Dequeen, Sylvan Hills and Hot Springs loaded schedule huh!

AHS06

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on September 30, 2018, 05:56:19 pm
None of that matters anymore. Texarkana pulled out the win. Just ready to see the post from Texarkana fans when they lose to LR McClellan
McClellan will be a tough opponent and I believe it will be a good game.  I don't think being one dimensional will beat Texarkana.  LRM has not played anyone and the more talented conference teams are near the end of the season.

AHS06

Quote from: zebrafan on September 30, 2018, 03:30:19 pm
Don't forget PB! 😬
PB is an ole school rival and benefited from poor coaching in Texarkana. 

Jimmy1995

You have a point, our schedule leading up to Texarkana hasn't been the toughest road. As far as one dimensional, when traveling the road we've traveled so far. No need to be more than one dimensional. Still might can be one dimensional when we play Texarkana. Just have to wait and see for yourselves 😏

zebrafan

Quote from: AHS06 on September 30, 2018, 06:26:38 pm
PB is an ole school rival and benefited from poor coaching in Texarkana. 
Old school for sure, always close games.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 30, 2018, 05:01:29 pm
Texarkana had 8 flags for 81 yards and CF had 6 flags for 40 yards!! So find a better excusevthan that!
Sometimes it's not about the quantity, it's about the timing or the severity...

Youngsta71701

October 01, 2018, 07:39:37 am #43 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:42:41 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 30, 2018, 04:36:00 pm
You hope we go back to 6A dont you well it aint happening!! I hope you dont go by the Jayvee team score because our best sophomores are not even playing! That running back that had 145 yds on your varsity Friday didnt play you dont think he would of made a difference! Your 9th grade team beat us by one touchdown with all them holding calls! Your 8th grade did beat us pretty good but you do know we had another 8th grade team playing in Texas thursday night! CF is the one that will always be average I promise you that. Enjoy your five and six wins every year!! Keep on thinking that about them sub varsity teams! It is all how you develope your kids and I know our coaching staff is better than CF!
CF will always be average? Didn't we win a state championship not too many years ago ??? And how many conference championships in a row ??? We almost always have the talent. It's all about the coaching with us.

Neckred

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 01, 2018, 07:39:37 am
CF will always be average? Didn't we win a state championship not too many years ago ??? And how many conference championships in a row ??? We almost always have the talent. It's all about the coaching with us.
I just don't see the freaks in years past

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Neckred on October 01, 2018, 08:13:31 am
I just don't see the freaks in years past
True. Although the development is better now but it's still not AT IT'S PEAK like it was. Some of those freaks were developed while some of them already had it. They were born with it.

browning_gold_12

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 30, 2018, 04:36:00 pm

And CF's best sophs didn't play in the JV game against TXK either. Just sayin... We have a glaring problem at a key position...

youhavenoidea

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on October 02, 2018, 08:06:47 am

And CF's best sophs didn't play in the JV game against TXK either. Just sayin... We have a glaring problem at a key position...
What is the problem?

Hogman2018

Yea they did if you wasnt a senior everybody played against Texarkana!! I talked to a coach and he told me that!!

browning_gold_12

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 02, 2018, 10:50:06 am
Yea they did if you wasnt a senior everybody played against Texarkana!! I talked to a coach and he told me that!!

That's a laugh. Must have been the same guy that told us a bunch of your varsity players played that night...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas