• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horatio comes to Smackover.

Started by Smackover Fan, September 22, 2018, 08:14:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smackover Fan

Horatio and Smackover fans may stay dry, but the team's will both have a mud bog. I don't know anything about Horatio, but I imagine there will be a lot of running. These are the games I miss. Cooler night, not raining, but muddy field lol.

DeeGee

September 22, 2018, 10:06:53 pm #1 Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:56:22 am by DeeGoldie
Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 22, 2018, 08:14:11 pm
Horatio and Smackover fans may stay dry, but the team's will both have a mud bog. I don't know anything about Horatio, but I imagine there will be a lot of running. These are the games I miss. Cooler night, not raining, but muddy field lol.

Smackover should win this one by as many as they want too. Unless a tremendous amount of change has come from Horatio,  Smackover will probably mercy rule them. I say Smackover by as many as they want.

WHITEchicken

Good call Dee, we will have every hair dryer in town drying the field.

DeeGee

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 22, 2018, 10:13:38 pm
Good call Dee, we will have every hair dryer in town drying the field.

Lol. Well the rains not stopping for a few days so don't get electrocuted!! Lol

Horse Shoe

Smackover's field is in way better shape than it was 5 years ago.  Curt has been taking excellent care of it.  I'd say our natural turf quality is close to equal to Prescott's field.  That is if Prescott hasn't switched to artificial.  Haven't been to Prescott in a few years, but I have always thought that was one of the best natural turf fields in the state.

WHITEchicken

The town of Smackover has purchased all the plastic bags in Union County and has started to glue them together. Should have it done sometime tomorrow to cover the field.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 23, 2018, 03:31:07 pm
The town of Smackover has purchased all the plastic bags in Union County and has started to glue them together. Should have it done sometime tomorrow to cover the field.
Doesn't that come a little late?

Smackover Fan

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 23, 2018, 04:31:32 pm
Doesn't that come a little late?

We do it to keep the water in place. We learned a couple years ago that a wet field only negatively impacts the visiting team.

WHITEchicken

Right we get it wet from rain then we wet it after that. Dry it out then wet it again before big games.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 23, 2018, 06:16:24 pm
We do it to keep the water in place. We learned a couple years ago that a wet field only negatively impacts the visiting team.
Good one SF. I got a great laugh out of it.

JeffSavagIV

Horse Shoe

Is Turner playing at all Friday, or does he only have to sit out the first half.  That is if the coaching staff or administrators haven't added additional time to the normal AAA requirements following an ejection. 

Smackover Fan

Quote from: Horse Shoe on September 25, 2018, 03:51:07 pm
Is Turner playing at all Friday, or does he only have to sit out the first half.  That is if the coaching staff or administrators haven't added additional time to the normal AAA requirements following an ejection.

I thought the AAA required 4 quarters after the game he was ejected from. It may be 4 quarters from the point of ejection though, I'm not 100% sure.

WHITEchicken

imtie

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 25, 2018, 06:43:34 pm
Pretty sure he won't play at all.

Nor should he. Can't reward selfishness. On the same note he will not be needed either.

CoolBreeze

imtie

KOJACK

Proud Buckaroo

Boone throws for 4 TDs and Crockett rushes for 3 TDs.

Smackover 49. Horatio 7.

imtie

Smackover up 42 -0. 6 min left in second clock running

Smackover Fan

WHITEchicken

Looks like another win for the good guys.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas