• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LRCA at PA

Started by PA Dad, September 21, 2018, 10:33:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

I think most would agree that this is the game of the week.

I watched the LRCA game tonight and I am impressed.  They have tons of speed on both sides of the ball.  They may have more team speed than PA.  That isn't true very often.

From an athletic standpoint I think LRCA has the edge.

But PA has owned LRCA.  They may try too hard and be uptight.  The PA players know they will win.  I'm not sure the LRCA players will have that mindset.

Overall I have to say that LRCA should be favored to win the game. 

The crowd will be huge.  It should be a great game.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on September 21, 2018, 10:33:02 pm
I think most would agree that this is the game of the week.

I watched the LRCA game tonight and I am impressed.  They have tons of speed on both sides of the ball.  They may have more team speed than PA.  That isn't true very often.

From an athletic standpoint I think LRCA has the edge.

But PA has owned LRCA.  They may try too hard and be uptight.  The PA players know they will win.  I'm not sure the LRCA players will have that mindset.

Overall I have to say that LRCA should be favored to win the game. 

The crowd will be huge.  It should be a great game.

A couple thoughts on your points. LRCA more athletic than PA? Every year PA plays teams (Plural) that are more athletic, it never seems to matter. LRCA has feasted on teams that are not disciplined in the secondary, PA is. LRCA will try to play a light 'em up type game, that is what Kelley covets from opposing teams. LRCA is not at all physical, they live and die by the pass and wide runs. If LRCA gets into a "We scored, your turn" type game PA wins big, they invented the concept. Finally you can not underestimate the Snake bit factor. LRCA approaches the game with a "We may finally get over the hump" mindset, PA has the "We own these Polaroids" mindset. There is a huge advantage in being the frontrunner opposed to the chase pack.

PA wins big and LRCA celebrates keeping them under 80. 

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on September 22, 2018, 12:03:53 am
A couple thoughts on your points. LRCA more athletic than PA? Every year PA plays teams (Plural) that are more athletic, it never seems to matter. LRCA has feasted on teams that are not disciplined in the secondary, PA is. LRCA will try to play a light 'em up type game, that is what Kelley covets from opposing teams. LRCA is not at all physical, they live and die by the pass and wide runs. If LRCA gets into a "We scored, your turn" type game PA wins big, they invented the concept. Finally you can not underestimate the Snake bit factor. LRCA approaches the game with a "We may finally get over the hump" mindset, PA has the "We own these Polaroids" mindset. There is a huge advantage in being the frontrunner opposed to the chase pack.

PA wins big and LRCA celebrates keeping them under 80.

"We own these Polaroids"?  Where do you come up with this stuff?  That's classic.

I sense something different about LRCA this year.  While I questioned their confidence I really think they have great confidence this year.  This may be the year they get over the hump.  We will see.

PA Bruin Fan

I'd say it would be a good bet to expect to see PA pull a few tricks out of the playbook for this one.  I agree with PA Dad that LRCA is a better team this year with some swagger.  However, I still think if PA plays up to its ability, they will win in a hard fought game. 

PA Dad

Justice Hill was injured in the WC game and carried off the field.  I hope he is ok.  I want LRCA at full strength when we play them.  I hope one of the LRCA posters will keep us up to date on his condition.

incogneto

Quote from: PA Dad on September 22, 2018, 01:35:13 pm
Justice Hill was injured in the WC game and carried off the field.  I hope he is ok.  I want LRCA at full strength when we play them.  I hope one of the LRCA posters will keep us up to date on his condition.

He is fine for next week. 

PA Dad

TalkTruth16

Quote from: incogneto on September 22, 2018, 01:45:18 pm
He is fine for next week.

Questionable. It's a hamstring. 2-4 wks predicted.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: TalkTruth16 on September 22, 2018, 02:32:14 pm

Questionable. It's a hamstring. 2-4 wks predicted.

Please let us know if there is an update.  Praying that it is nothing serious.  PA would love to have LRCA at full strength next Friday. 

JessieP

I hate that Hill is injured, you never want to see any kid hurt. He's a gifted athlete with a bright future but his missing the game has very little effect on my pick. At full strength PA wins, without Hill PA wins big. My prediction went from a 14 point PA win to a 28 point PA win. Not being anti LRCA just realizing Kelley knows how to overwhelm LRCA. 

Maynard G Krebs

Sorry to hear of any player being injured.  This game has a lot riding on it and my hunch is Hill will be playing.

incogneto

Justice Hill is definitely out for the PA game after that who knows? 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: incogneto on September 23, 2018, 04:30:42 pm
Justice Hill is definitely out for the PA game after that who knows?

Too bad.  Hope he recovers.

High Voltage

Justice Hill, Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith, Tom Brady, doesn't matter. CKK can name the score. This game is over and it's only Sunday.

UPDATE! PA just scored!

PA - 7
LRCA - 0

30 seconds gone in the 1st.

TalkTruth16

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 23, 2018, 04:16:51 pm
Sorry to hear of any player being injured.  This game has a lot riding on it and my hunch is Hill will be playing.

Hill is out. A predicted 4 weeks.
They won't rush something serious as a hamstring.

JessieP

Quote from: TalkTruth16 on September 23, 2018, 08:35:44 pm
Hill is out. A predicted 4 weeks.
They won't rush something serious as a hamstring.

That's a shame he's injured but thank God he has people around him that are smart enough not to rush him back. The kid needs to properly heal. No other injury can linger like a hamstring.

Yellowcake

Who exactly is it verifying this information?
I'd be willing to bet he's 100% and going to be ready Friday night. Any takers?

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 23, 2018, 11:02:41 pm

We do know he was carted off the field Friday night. Can you imagine if it was hype? If they pulled a Paul Pierce (Leaving the court in a wheelchair and tears only to return 15 minutes later to thunderous cheers)? I myself am choosing to believe he is out. I simply can't wrap my head around people pulling that over a high school football game.

Eastbay501

Quote from: JessieP on September 23, 2018, 11:39:35 pm
We do know he was carted off the field Friday night. Can you imagine if it was hype? If they pulled a Paul Pierce (Leaving the court in a wheelchair and tears only to return 15 minutes later to thunderous cheers)? I myself am choosing to believe he is out. I simply can't wrap my head around people pulling that over a high school football game.

Hahah while this would be great to see, unfortunately he is out for an estimated four weeks but the sophomore QB threw well this summer and it'll be interesting to see how he handles things. I'm willing to bet they'll be fine against PA's defense

incogneto

September 24, 2018, 05:48:37 am #19 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 05:53:13 am by incogneto
Quote from: Yellowcake on September 23, 2018, 11:02:41 pm
I will take that bet what are we betting?   I bet Hill is not 100%.  How about loser has to change his moniker to whatever the winner wants until the first game of the 2019/2020 season is in the books.  Let me know if we are betting.

Yellowcake

Quote from: incogneto on September 24, 2018, 05:48:37 am
I will take that bet what are we betting?   I bet Hill is not 100%.  How about loser has to change his moniker to whatever the winner wants until the first game of the 2019/2020 season is in the books.  Let me know if we are betting.

Thought he was out?
And how are we supposed to know if he is 100% if he plays?
My guess is he plays and if PA wins, the story will be he wasn't 100%.
I'll take that bet if it is play or no play.
And those are great stakes. We both know it could sting way more than $100. 😁

Overdahill

Come on Man! it can only get better than Ricky Incogneto (sic) or Yellowcake  ;D

Maynard G Krebs

I hear the Rocky soundtrack playing in the background

AverageJo24

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: AverageJo24 on September 24, 2018, 12:00:06 pm
LRCA -7
Is that the spread or how many games LRCA has won in the series compared to PA?

Maynard G Krebs

Per this website info, the series is 8-1 with PA holding the lead.

Overdahill

I wonder what the over/under would be after last year? 100 or more?

incogneto

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 24, 2018, 07:54:47 am

Thought he was out?
And how are we supposed to know if he is 100% if he plays?
My guess is he plays and if PA wins, the story will be he wasn't 100%.
I'll take that bet if it is play or no play.
And those are great stakes. We both know it could sting way more than $100. 😁
Ok I bet he doesn't play Friday night.

JessieP

Hootens is saying he is hurt and out until mid October. It's more than a fan started rumor. It may still be a LRCA based rumor but some media is reporting the injury.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on September 24, 2018, 09:27:40 pm
Hootens is saying he is hurt and out until mid October. It's more than a fan started rumor. It may still be a LRCA based rumor but some media is reporting the injury.

Russian meddling, I think

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 24, 2018, 11:07:18 pm
Russian meddling, I think

Is it true ESPN is going to have Cake miked up on the sideline?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on September 25, 2018, 08:07:20 am
Is it true ESPN is going to have Cake miked up on the sideline?

True, but the line will be with a time delay to assure any @#$* can be bleeped out.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on September 24, 2018, 09:27:40 pm

Listening to the LRC coach on the Buzz and he says Hill will not play.  So much for the cloak and dagger strategy.  Hope he heals up well.

JessieP

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 25, 2018, 10:50:57 am
True, but the line will be with a time delay to assure any @#$* can be bleeped out.

Having had first hand experience I can say that one thing PA will never ever be able to match LRCA in is the sideline F-bombs. Them boys can cuss. I was half expecting the cheerleaders to start the chant of "We got spirit, yes we do, we got spirit hey (blank) you".

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on September 25, 2018, 02:44:38 pm
Having had first hand experience I can say that one thing PA will never ever be able to match LRCA in is the sideline F-bombs. Them boys can cuss. I was half expecting the cheerleaders to start the chant of "We got spirit, yes we do, we got spirit hey (blank) you".
Now, now.....we all know those guys over there would never talk like that

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on September 25, 2018, 02:44:38 pm
What I do look forward to is that after the game, regardless of who wins, LRCA moms will turn to Facebook to talk about how "unchristian" PA is.

incogneto

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 25, 2018, 10:52:56 am
Listening to the LRC coach on the Buzz and he says Hill will not play.  So much for the cloak and dagger strategy.  Hope he heals up well.
A bet is a bet

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 25, 2018, 04:03:17 pm
What I do look forward to is that after the game, regardless of who wins, LRCA moms will turn to Facebook to talk about how "unchristian" PA is.

Gotta love the guys that are qualified to cast the first stone

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 25, 2018, 04:03:17 pm

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I have waited almost 3 years for vindication. I joined FF shortly after Batesville knocked LRCA out of the playoffs a few years ago. A friend told me the next day "You should go to the FF message boards and watch how bad their fans are whining". Late hits, Batesville paid the refs, Bad calls, The line for popcorn was too long and about a dozen other complaints. After reading their post I figured they all must have stopped at a T-Mart on the drive home for some Midol. This added to my confusion because I was working the chains that night and was aghast that a team with "Christian" in the name allowed that language. All game long was a steady chorus of "He's blanking holding, Late blanking hit, Blank you number 9". Since then they and their fans have only firmed up the bad opinion many people have about them. I take some comfort in the fact that no matter how much they spend they will never achieve their ultimate goal, they will never be PA. You can't buy class.

Ball Hawk

After watching some film the prediction I will give is this game will be unusually low scoring for a PA/LRCA game. Let's say under 56

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Ball Hawk on September 25, 2018, 07:18:06 pm
After watching some film the prediction I will give is this game will be unusually low scoring for a PA/LRCA game. Let's say under 56

Is that 56 total for both teams?  Have to ask since last year's contest produced about over double that.

Maynard G Krebs

Yellowcake

It's true JH is out. I hate it for him and the game. Hope he heals 100% and soon.

That over/under may be close. Both d's are pretty good.

incogneto

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 25, 2018, 10:43:43 pm
It's true JH is out. I hate it for him and the game. Hope he heals 100% and soon.

That over/under may be close. Both d's are pretty good.
You can keep your name until after the game and its official.

TalkTruth16

I've heard Hill is healing rather quickly. He could play Friday night but is choosing not to due to his future. Hopefully these two teams make it to the State Championship because I would love to see this game with both teams at full force.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 25, 2018, 09:28:18 pm
Is that 56 total for both teams?  Have to ask since last year's contest produced about over double that.

Yes sir both teams combined score will be under 56 points.

incogneto

September 26, 2018, 12:12:51 pm #46 Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:14:37 pm by incogneto
I want to say before the game and not after that win lose or draw no excuses will be given or accepted.  I am grateful to have a team like PA to raise the level.  It's fun having a thoroughbred to chase down.  I am grateful that Morrilton is getting healthy, Texarkana is living up to billing, 5A has McLellan for another year and Harrison is rolling.  I cannot remember a year where there were this many teams that I could see win it all.  When this years Nettleton and Blytheville teams are at the bottom of the top ten that says a lot because those teams are good teams in their own right. 

PA Dad

Quote from: incogneto on September 26, 2018, 12:12:51 pm
I want to say before the game and not after that win lose or draw no excuses will be given or accepted.  I am grateful to have a team like PA to raise the level.  It's fun having a thoroughbred to chase down.  I am grateful that Morrilton is getting healthy, Texarkana is living up to billing, 5A has McLellan for another year and Harrison is rolling.  I cannot remember a year where there were this many teams that I could see win it all.  When this years Nettleton and Blytheville teams are at the bottom of the top ten that says a lot because those teams are good teams in their own right.

I agree.  It's good to have so many teams in the hunt.  And I think we are in for some great games in the playoffs.

I will say that if LRCA beats PA without its starting QB they will undoubtedly deserve the No. 1 ranking.

South 45

Agreed....Lots of good football to come.

Hogman2018

Great post incognito! U know we dont always agree!! Its all fun

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas