• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A

Started by thirdand1, September 15, 2018, 12:29:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thirdand1

Where the heck did Dierks find Binkley?

IdaLions

thirdand1

Just curious if he's ever had a winning season and what's the deal with his play calling?  Getting worse every week

IdaLions

Dierks is gonna be down for a few years I suppose. I honestly have no say because I have no idea whose coming up. But it seems the coaching and kids just aren't having good luck lately. Give them some years, they'll be back

Hollerboy79

4 coaches in 4 years kills a program and that's where the Outlaws find themselves.

ReddieOrNot

Is Binkley the head coach?

i40traveler

From the looks of it maybe Dierks should have kept David Bennett until he retired

WorkOrder

Quote from: i40traveler on September 17, 2018, 11:53:21 am
From the looks of it maybe Dierks should have kept David Bennett until he retired

They had to run him off. He wasn't good enough for them anymore.  ::)

thirdand1

everyone (meaning anyone who cares about football)hated to see Bennett leave. Now we are stuck with what our school board hires. But they seem to hire awesome girls basketball (aka softball) coach.

Bosshog34

Quote from: thirdand1 on September 22, 2018, 11:11:52 am
everyone (meaning anyone who cares about football)hated to see Bennett leave. Now we are stuck with what our school board hires. But they seem to hire awesome girls basketball (aka softball) coach.

For some reason dierks has been able to compete in baseball, softball and basketball the last few years. The only programs that has struggled is football. Until dierks gets a coach in there that will stay put the football team will struggle. It's hard on teenage kids to learn a new system year in and year out. As much as you want to blame coaching a lot of it comes down to having a different coach for four consecutive years

youhavenoidea

Quote from: Bosshog34 on September 26, 2018, 07:25:51 am
For some reason dierks has been able to compete in baseball, softball and basketball the last few years. The only programs that has struggled is football. Until dierks gets a coach in there that will stay put the football team will struggle. It's hard on teenage kids to learn a new system year in and year out. As much as you want to blame coaching a lot of it comes down to having a different coach for four consecutive years
Yep!  Could be a solid program year in and year out, has the right community for a very solid 2A program...just need an administration that will give the football program help, can't hire non-football guys to coach football

Bosshog34

Dierks football program is back on the right path if they can keep the coaches they have on staff right now.  It might take a couple years but with the talent they have in tenth grade and in the jr high ranks, they will be a top team in the conference in the coming years.  People in the community just have to give it time and understand they are in a rebuilding year or two.

AverageJo24

Quote from: thirdand1 on September 22, 2018, 11:11:52 am

Who is it now?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas