• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magazine vs Cutter Morning Star

Started by coachc9, September 11, 2018, 08:15:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

coachc9

Coach Jones

DnA Prostaff

DnA Prostaff

Magazine seems to be on the upside of where they where at this point last year. Held Mt Ida close for a half. I'm sure having one of the Chambers boys as a coach is a big plus for them.  He was a part of a state champ team for the school, I'm sure that carries some motivation and some merit with the players.

Coming off a five win season I am sure the Rattlers are looking for more and another trip to the playoffs.

Cutter Morning Star won only 3 games last year but are also in a Conference with the likes of Poyen, Conway Christian, and England as well as strong starting teams this year Bigelow and Quitman.

I think the Rattlers pull out the W!

i40traveler

alaskanstorm

I asked the magic 8 ball, will magazine beat cms?  Answer:  outlook not so good.  I thought to myself great so I asked the following question.  Is magazine looking at a winless season again?  Answer:  better not tell you now ???

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 11, 2018, 05:31:55 pm
I asked the magic 8 ball, will magazine beat cms?  Answer:  outlook not so good.  I thought to myself great so I asked the following question.  Is magazine looking at a winless season again?  Answer:  better not tell you now ???
[/quote

Magazine will win several this year if the kids stay healthy. I would even say that have a small chance to finish as high as third in the conference.   Yes, that's a big statement, With Hector, Mountainburg, and Hackett being pretty good year in and year out.   Unfortunately looking at playoff brackets, unless you finish first in the 4-2A it looks like it will be a tough row to hoe.    Good luck to the Rattlers

alaskanstorm

CMS has already proven they can win. They sent  out a warning shot last weekt to their next two opponents we defending da house.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 13, 2018, 07:51:29 am
CMS has already proven they can win. They sent  out a warning shot last weekt to their next two opponents we defending da house.

By beating Rose Bud?   Come on man......

I would hardly call that a warning shot, should be an expectation.

"next two opponents" ????     Already writing off the rest of the games???

alaskanstorm

da House referenced  their three game home stand.  Their expectation this week is to round up a bunch  of rattlers and deep fry them.  CMS doesn't look ahead in the schedule one week at a time. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 13, 2018, 07:51:29 am
Are we really boasting about beating Rose Bud?? I've heard it all now. Did bigbaby create a profile to post about CMS? Win a meaningful game and people may take CMS somewhat serious.

alaskanstorm

Well DNA is predicting the rattlers to finish 3rd so, I suppose in some people's eyes this weeks dismantling of the rattlers will be a meaningful win but really after last years 4 2A playoff performance aren't they all expected wins.  But really this week is just going to be Business for CMS.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 13, 2018, 08:57:12 am
Well DNA is predicting the rattlers to finish 3rd so, I suppose in some people's eyes this weeks dismantling of the rattlers will be a meaningful win but really after last years 4 2A playoff performance aren't they all expected wins.  But really this week is just going to be Business for CMS.
CMS has been a stepping stool for teams in the 5-2a over the last few years, actually prolly longer than that. At least I know they was for us and we usually had our starters out by halftime. If CMS beats Magazine then I'll give credit where it is due, BUT when Magazine beats you I expect you to come on here and eat that crow

coachc9

alaskanstorm

"They was" (CMS) funny  "stepping stoll", I hate to inform you of the cultural changes going on within the CMS football program.  It is being transformed into an every week contender "stepping stoll" no more.  Eat crow, the storm doesn't eat crow and knows exactly what the storm is doing.  This week CMS is going to ground up the rattlers by dominating the Line of scrimmage.

Coach Jones

The last time the Rattlers played CMS (I think) was in 2005.  CMS won.  In that game there were 4 fumbles by Cutter recovered by the Rattlers, and all 4 were given back to Cutter.   2 of which were scoop and scores.  Magazine actually finished the game with 10 kids because 3 kids got hurt.   The Rattlers lined up one kid that hurt his ankle up at split and told him just to stand there toward the end.   

alaskanstorm

Two things from CJ's post. 1. I didn't know coaches were supposed to blame the refs.  Are you already making excuses for your old pals beating this week.  2.  The fact CMS was so physically dominating the last time y'all met, you had to play with players on stretchers, does not bold well for the rattlers offensive and defensive lines.

Coach Jones

13 brave souls went down to CMS and gave it their all. 

alaskanstorm

And CMS took care of business.  The only real question for CJ is when 30+ Brave souls take the field on 10-26-2018 when the cats come a calling, are they going to take care of business or are they going to be playing as well on stretchers?

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: Coach Jones on September 13, 2018, 10:08:22 am
13 brave souls went down to CMS and gave it their all.

13?  Thats tough!!!   Kudos to that bunch for not folding and starting basketball early!

Prouddragondad

I got Magazine in this one. They always do a good job on defense and if they can get the offense going just a little bit they should win. As for CMS sorry beating Rose Bud doesn't make you a good team all of a sudden. IMO CMS is not very good and will have a hard time finishing in the top 5 in their conference.

rattler60

I think Magazine put the QB out that year.  Small town but big heart. Rattlers all the way!!!

alaskanstorm

This story keeps getting better and batter put CMS's QB out and still lost.  PDD winning programs are built over time due to consistency.  CMS flipped the switch last week.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 13, 2018, 04:28:22 pm
This story keeps getting better and batter put CMS's QB out and still lost.  PDD winning programs are built over time due to consistency.  CMS flipped the switch last week.
And CMS has been consistently bad over time

Hornet4ever

I've never even heard of Cutter Morning Star.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 14, 2018, 06:47:56 am
I've never even heard of Cutter Morning Star.

It is located by Hot Springs National Park by Lake Catherine providing year around scenery not like in hacket or magazine for that matter.  It is also on its way to being a 2 AA football meca.  hope the rattlers enjoyed their breakfast cause tonight their going to be tasting their own blood.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 14, 2018, 07:12:59 am
It is located by Hot Springs National Park by Lake Catherine providing year around scenery not like in hacket or magazine for that matter.  It is also on its way to being a 2 AA football meca.  hope the rattlers enjoyed their breakfast cause tonight their going to be tasting their own blood.

I actually found where we played CMS back in '07. Didn't go so well for CMS.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 13, 2018, 04:28:22 pm
[/quote

"built over time due to consistency"........started last week.......    WOW! look out!!!

Scrubs have decided they are going to be state champs this year!!! #Cinderella story #hallmark movie

I don't wish poor for anyone, and I definitely do not like seeing kids that have dreams and goals fall short on that. But at the same time you have to be realistic.   Traditionally CMS has not been great, they aren't even good, sounds like even years ago they struggled to put out an incredibly small team of kids (10 bc one was injured)...

That doesn't seem like a good tradition to me. (I know, it was 12 years ago)   I hope they do well, for the sake of the community and the kids, I wish them nothing but the best.  But, talk is cheap and so are spelling lessons......better and batter?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 14, 2018, 07:12:59 am

2A football mecca? It's way to early in the morning for jokes that funny!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 14, 2018, 08:23:06 am

Nothing like a little bit of Friday nonsense to kick off our morning.

threepeoplematter

They need to be on their way to getting a new facility, the off center bleachers and press box are crazy.  Assuming it is still that way.  Been years since I've been there.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 14, 2018, 08:23:06 am
Doing it overnight! Gonna love to see the score when they play Conway Christian and England lol

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 13, 2018, 09:23:46 am
"They was" (CMS) funny  "stepping stoll", I hate to inform you of the cultural changes going on within the CMS football program.  It is being transformed into an every week contender "stepping stoll" no more.  Eat crow, the storm doesn't eat crow and knows exactly what the storm is doing.  This week CMS is going to ground up the rattlers by dominating the Line of scrimmage.
Evidently what you was doing, didn't work 🤔🙄

rattler60

42-18 Rattlers!!!  That's getting it done.

Prouddragondad

So I guess when CMS flipped the switch last week they must have flipped it the wrong way lol! Well there is always next year

Prouddragondad

I can't wait for next weeks game with Hackett going to Magazine. I believe Magazine just may upset Hackett

Brian G

alaskanstorm

I'm glad magazines coaching staff finally put together a winning game plan.  It is just to bad I had to get on here and run down all the zinners to get them to do it.  Here is to looking forward to conference play and destroying hacket this year. 

rattlerfan24

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas