• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bruins head east

Started by HeberFan, September 05, 2018, 09:19:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

Who knows about, this Tennessee team, that PA is playing?

Guessing it's not the Volunteers, although, such a game might be more competitive that anyone east of Memphis thinks.   :o)

PA Dad

MaxPreps ranks Ridgeway Number 4943 in the nation and number 116 in Tennessee.

I don't know anything else about them.

HeberFan

Quote from: PA Dad on September 05, 2018, 10:29:01 am
MaxPreps ranks Ridgeway Number 4943 in the nation and number 116 in Tennessee.

I don't know anything else about them.

Sounds like Bruins get to clear the bench. Nice.

nomorewhining

If Maxpreps is even mildly accurate, that does not bode well for the Tennessee team

Rocket23

PA will drive Ridgeway like a truck.  They are 0-3 and have not been close this year.

HeberFan

So, is Colin Kapernick good enough to start for Ridgeway?

See what I did there?    :o)

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: HeberFan on September 05, 2018, 12:29:34 pm

I don't.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: HeberFan on September 05, 2018, 12:29:34 pm

I mean, he's good enough to start for some NFL teams, so...

Redwolves8526

Ridgeway has not been very good at all the last few years. This should be a mercy rule game for PA.

HeberFan

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 05, 2018, 01:23:02 pm
I mean, he's good enough to start for some NFL teams, so...

If he can start for some NFL teams, why is he not playing?  I'm not sure NFL teams cares about character as much as on-field performance. Adam "Pacman" Jones is near the end of a 15-year career and has been arrested 10 times. He's also playing for the Denver Broncos this fall.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: HeberFan on September 05, 2018, 01:36:28 pm
If he can start for some NFL teams, why is he not playing?  I'm not sure NFL teams cares about character as much as on-field performance. Adam "Pacman" Jones is near the end of a 15-year career and has been arrested 10 times. He's also playing for the Denver Broncos this fall.

Simple case of his talent is not good enough to outweigh his disruptive force.  He is a bigger problem than he is worth.  As stated there are plenty of NFL players who stay on teams dispite their bad behavior.  Reason why, they produce more than they harm.  NFL cares about winning games, bottom line.

RazorDad

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 05, 2018, 01:44:37 pm
Simple case of his talent is not good enough to outweigh his disruptive force.  He is a bigger problem than he is worth.  As stated there are plenty of NFL players who stay on teams dispite their bad behavior.  Reason why, they produce more than they harm.  NFL cares about winning games, bottom line.

Fixed it for you.  :D

Back on topic:  Another easy week for PA.

HeberFan

Quote from: RazorDad on September 05, 2018, 01:50:48 pm
Fixed it for you.  :D

Back on topic:  Another easy week for PA.

Gotta focus on improvement despite the level of competition. Each week is an opportunity.

PA Bruin Fan

I've heard from colleagues in Memphis that Ridgeway is very athletic but unorganized and a little undisciplined.  The story sadly sounds like another urban city team that was once very competitive, but has declined over the last few years. 

friscokid

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on September 05, 2018, 05:22:24 pm
I've heard from colleagues in Memphis that Ridgeway is very athletic but unorganized and a little undisciplined.  The story sadly sounds like another urban city team that was once very competitive, but has declined over the last few years.
Fair enough.

HeberFan

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on September 05, 2018, 05:22:24 pm

That formula worked for Al Davis and the Raiders. Never underestimate an opponent.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: friscokid on September 05, 2018, 11:01:43 pm
Fair enough.

They won a state championship 7-8 years ago I believe. Ever since then, they have been around a .500 team. Not great, but not terrible in their division in Tennessee.

Freight Train

This team played Whitehaven to within a touchdown who plays NLR in a couple of weeks. They will push PA and make a strong showing. PA will have to play good football to beat them.

Maynard G Krebs

I may attend this game.  Strong possibility of heavy rain which does not favor a spread offense.  Hope PA has a plethora of dry balls.

HeberFan

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 06, 2018, 09:20:58 pm
I may attend this game.  Strong possibility of heavy rain which does not favor a spread offense.  Hope PA has a plethora of dry balls.

Too easy....

Bruin Backer

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 06, 2018, 09:20:58 pm
I may attend this game.  Strong possibility of heavy rain which does not favor a spread offense. Hope PA has a plethora of dry balls.

No doubt this is why they change uniforms at halftime.

HeberFan

Quote from: Bruin Backer on September 07, 2018, 09:37:01 am
No doubt this is why they change uniforms at halftime.

Still too easy...   

Maynard G Krebs

hit a home run on that one

Overdahill

Maynard G Krebs

Maynard G Krebs

42-14. PA.  2nd team put in at 4:00 til half and last Ridgeway TD on rhem

Lumberjackfan1978

Maynard G Krebs

friscokid

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 06, 2018, 11:44:32 am
They won a state championship 7-8 years ago I believe. Ever since then, they have been around a .500 team. Not great, but not terrible in their division in Tennessee.
Sorry, I should've highlighted Fair in my reply since that seemed to be the gist of what I was replying to. Fourth-dimensional humor.

Hoghead2

I guess I'll see PA vs Bossier City Parkway next Friday.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 08, 2018, 08:11:32 am
I guess I'll see PA vs Bossier City Parkway next Friday.

Sit on the Bruin side!

Hoghead2

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 08, 2018, 03:49:19 pm
Sit on the Bruin side!
I  will. I always sit on the visitor side in Panther Stadium

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas