• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A East Regional @ Lonoke

Started by Uncle Tupelo, February 17, 2018, 10:10:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Tupelo

Uncle Tupelo

From 2-4A

Girls
1. CAC
2. Riverview
3. Estem
4. Lonoke

Boys
1. Baptist
2. Southside
3. Riverview
4. Estem

Livewire

From 3-4A

Girls:

1) Brookland
2) Pocahontas
3) Highland
4) Gosnell

Boys:

1) Westside
2) Brookland
3) Gosnell
4) Trumann

SouthernerPride

Might as well call this regional the state tournament.

Bbal789

Quote from: SouthernerPride on February 18, 2018, 12:51:54 pm

True this is by far the hardest region

NEA Razorback olfan

February 18, 2018, 11:10:09 pm #5 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:12:47 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
2/21
4:00 Brookland vs Lonoke Girls
5:30 Westside vs Estem Boys
7:00 CAC vs Gosnell Girls
8:30 Baptist Prep vs Trumann Boys

2/22
4:00 Riverview vs Highland Girls
5:30 Southside vs Gosnell Boys
7:00 Pocahontas vs Estem Girls
8:30 Brookland vs Riverview Boys

First rd predictions or thoughts?

Gray lizard

Quote from: SouthernerPride on February 18, 2018, 12:51:54 pm

Easy now still a lot of basketball to be played.

JessieP

February 19, 2018, 12:42:35 pm #7 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:55:41 pm by JessieP
Quote from: Gray lizard on February 19, 2018, 08:31:18 am

You need to take anything SouthernerPride post with a grain of salt. They epitomize the definition of a die-hard fan, there is nothing wrong with that. All kids need the unwavering support of such fans but it is hardly an informed opinion. If you were to base all of your opinion on SP post you would assume Southside was the team to beat, an unmatched powerhouse. Not a good team but the class of the state and even the Nation. During football season SP was posting that the SS/Arky game was going to be a clash of the titans, a slugfest of dominant defenses. Arky put that dream season to rest without breaking a sweat, SS was an overachieving team that had a great season but they were far far far from being a "War Memorial Stadium" team. The BB team is good, a legit Top 10 4A team but if they were to win state it would be a pretty big surprise.

Gray lizard

I figure there will be 4 good teams come out of the North on the boys side.  3 to 4 good teams on the girls side.  I also expect about the same from the other two regions.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: JessieP on February 19, 2018, 12:42:35 pm
You need to take anything SouthernerPride post with a grain of salt. They epitomize the definition of a die-hard fan, there is nothing wrong with that. All kids need the unwavering support of such fans but it is hardly an informed opinion. If you were to base all of your opinion on SP post you would assume Southside was the team to beat, an unmatched powerhouse. Not a good team but the class of the state and even the Nation. During football season SP was posting that the SS/Arky game was going to be a clash of the titans, a slugfest of dominant defenses. Arky put that dream season to rest without breaking a sweat, SS was an overachieving team that had a great season but they were far far far from being a "War Memorial Stadium" team. The BB team is good, a legit Top 10 4A team but if they were to win state it would be a pretty big surprise.
dude, that Arky game was 3 months ago.. excuse me for looking at the numbers and thinking the game might be a little closer. One day when I'm as woke and informed as much as you are, my posts won't trigger you so easily.

As for the Southerners BB team, they've lost seven games in two years. Statistically one of the best teams in 4A and have beaten other elite B.B. teams in the state. They have as good a chance to win a state title as anyone else.

FastBreak12

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 19, 2018, 08:31:18 am
Should be some very good matchups. Excited to see how they play out.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 19, 2018, 01:13:32 pm
I figure there will be 4 good teams come out of the North on the boys side.  3 to 4 good teams on the girls side.  I also expect about the same from the other two regions.
Don't come in here and try to be the voice of reason. I have a feeling the East will realize a few things once state is upon us.

NEA Razorback olfan

Anyone know much about Lonoke Girls this year?

eagle1

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 19, 2018, 02:32:51 pm
Anyone know much about Lonoke Girls this year?

Very talented but a little undisciplined. Capable of making a deep run.

eagle1

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 19, 2018, 01:33:42 pm
Don't come in here and try to be the voice of reason. I have a feeling the East will realize a few things once state is upon us.
Boys: Pottsville is very good and Subi is always solid, well coached, well disciplined. Once you get to State, anything can happen. A few years back I watched a team in their regional final not be able to throw it in the lake, but in first round of state they couldn't miss and upset one the top two teams in the state. Have to play the game and respect your opponent or you will be putting up the round balls for the year.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: eagle1 on February 19, 2018, 04:15:18 pm
Very talented but a little undisciplined. Capable of making a deep run.

Thank You!!

Greatdane6

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 18, 2018, 07:32:43 pm
True this is by far the hardest region
Boys :::: Coming from the south region I agree with you 100 percent as far as good quality teams. At least you know there are 4 good teams coming out the region and being a threat of winning state. But For the south region you may have a double digit loss team winning the south I'm mean it is bad down here. Almost horrible to watch!!!! 🙈🙈🙈🙈

eagle1

If you are  going to Lonoke this week and are looking for a place to eat, Tidwell's Dairy Bar is a must.

ArkansasSportsFan

Hatchet

RiceMan3

Quote from: Hatchet on February 21, 2018, 04:23:30 pm
livestream????????

AAA makes it impossible for anyone to stream beyond district. A $3K fee puts a damper on it.

RiceMan3

Lonoke up 43-37 with about a minute left.

FastBreak12

Quote from: RiceMan3 on February 21, 2018, 05:09:26 pm
Lonoke up 43-37 with about a minute left.
Sounds like the 3-4a girls may be in trouble with their #1 seed struggling against the #4 from the 2-4a.

Donnie Jamon

Only way you can stream/broadcast is if you have done it for that same team 10 or more times. AAA rule

J12

23-19 EStem up on Westside after 1.

J12

Letting them play physical is an understatement here in this game. EStem really athletic.

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Brookland 41
Lonoke 47
F

Kalifa Ford 18pts

J12

36-32 EStem up on Westside.  #5 for the Mets can fill it up. Felts with 15. At least half from the FT Line.

Donnie Jamon

C'mon Esteem from a Brookland fan lol

J12

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 21, 2018, 06:13:24 pm
C'mon Esteem from a Brookland fan lol

Wish Westside was playing Brookland. Warriors up 50-46 after 3. Felts with 23.

Donnie Jamon

J12

70-55 Westside up with 29 to go.

Donnie Jamon

Esteem has gone like 5 min without scoring. Not good.

FastBreak12

Hard fought game by ESTEM. Gave Westside all they could handle just couldn't get a shot to fall in the fourth.

J12

71-55 final. Warriors got into EStems legs late there and helped them quite a bit.

Felts finished with 33 points, 10 boards, 9 assists, & 5 steals.

NEA Razorback olfan

Ladyfan

Bearcat45

TheSpecial

Prep 50
Trumann 29
End of 3rd
Mcbride has 30 at the least.

Donnie Jamon

72-50 final. BP won

McBride was 10-10 from fg. 5-5 from 3

beach bum

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 21, 2018, 09:46:34 pm
72-50 final. BP won

McBride was 10-10 from fg. 5-5 from 3

But some the SS Batesville posters told us he wasn't that good  ::) .... So what gives??

J12

Well he missed a FT so... he's not THAT good  🤦‍♂️

Uncle Tupelo

Quote from: rebelfan on February 21, 2018, 10:54:59 pm
Hopefully CAC will not win state since their star is going to play for UConn.

Brilliant logic.

eagle1

Huh??? This line of thinking is insane. Young lady is ranked #1 in the country and is going to the #1 women's college program so you are going to hate on her for that??????

BigLion10

Well I sure wouldn't want to play for our sorry woman's program that hasn't been good in 2 decades

Bbal789

When you have a legendary coach like Auriema coming all the way to Stuttgart, Arkansas to watch you play and recruit you, its pretty hard to pass up an opportunity like that.

Loverofthegame

This makes no sense. She deserves it the most.

LRRandy

Quote from: eagle1 on February 22, 2018, 08:08:32 am
Huh??? This line of thinking is insane. Young lady is ranked #1 in the country and is going to the #1 women's college program so you are going to hate on her for that??????
it's groupthink. The thought is wrong, I agree with you. Everyone SHOULD be happy for her. However, the passion for the Razorbacks warps people's minds in that any recruit that chooses not to wear a Hog is disliked. It's wrong, but you see it over and over. KJ Hill, Maleek Monk, Kevaughn Allen and on and on.

LRRandy

I saw Westside play last night. My first time to see them play. # 10 has great handles and gets to the basket at will. Question. Does he get called much for extending his off ball arm much? While I didn't see him push with it, there where times when he gained an advantage using his off arm as leverage. He could run across an officiating crew that sees that as an offensive foul. Has he been called for it much? He had a few bad misses from deep beyond the 3 point line. If he is taking those shots it tells me that he makes those probably as much or more than he misses them. He is a gifted offensive player that plays with great energy. I was impressed with him. The Weststise team played with poise. Estem came out on fire from 3 and gained an early lead but Westside chipped away to get the lead and pulled ahead for a comfortable fourth quarter. Good game until foul trouble and Estems shooting cooling off made for an uneventful finish to the game. That can be credited to Westside defense as well. Westside is a good team. I hope Baptist Prep gets to play them in the final.

J12

Felts has been called for some player control fouls, but not much. As much as EStem was playing aggressive defense, it went both ways.  I've seen him hit plenty from that range. More earlier in the season as of late.

EStem manned up on Westside and left plenty of opportunities for Riley Felkins and Avery to do what they do. More than points, I was glad to see Felts get one assist shy of a triple double.

Westside usually hits a few more 3's, but didn't have to last night.

Hats off to EStem though. Again- I think 6 teams that play/ played in lonoke could make deep runs in state and after watching them, they could have been one.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas