• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Riverside vs Rivercrest

Started by 870baller15, February 02, 2018, 10:25:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

870baller15

Subs came in for Riverside at the end of the game then Rivercrest puts their starters back in and pressed. Any reasoning behind this?

501Arkansas

ISU7

Who knows. Did anyone get hurt.

BoxNOne

It was classless for sure but not surprising from this particular coach.

NeaBaller21

Very classless to say the least. It was Sr Night and Riverside subbed the Seniors in (few of which aren't very good) . And then Rivercrest subbed their starters in and full court pressed them while being up by 30...

ChokeNPoke

What do you expect from Ashabranner. Sounds like he pulls that stuff all the time.

baller334

Oh don't be saying what you expect from Rivercrest!! I know and everybody else knows it too but somehow they own fans don't!!

luxora4life

Quote from: 870baller15 on February 02, 2018, 10:25:33 pm
Subs came in for Riverside at the end of the game then Rivercrest puts their starters back in and pressed. Any reasoning behind this?

I didn't agree with The COACH'S decision (not Rivercrest school district, not the players), but please tell the whole story.

870baller15

Quote from: luxora4life on February 03, 2018, 05:34:29 pm
I didn't agree with The COACH'S decision (not Rivercrest school district, not the players), but please tell the whole story.

Please enlighten me on the "whole story"

luxora4life

Quote from: 870baller15 on February 03, 2018, 06:47:10 pm
Please enlighten me on the "whole story"

Go back to your original post and read the first sentence and tell me what wrong with it.

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: luxora4life on February 03, 2018, 07:07:08 pm
Go back to your original post and read the first sentence and tell me what wrong with it.
I think we knew what he meant. Yes it was indeed the coach who was responsible. But he still represents Rivercrest with his classless acts. It's funny how the actions of just one person can hurt the reputation for the whole school district.  ;D

luxora4life

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on February 03, 2018, 07:54:02 pm
I think we knew what he meant. Yes it was indeed the coach who was responsible. But he still represents Rivercrest with his classless acts. It's funny how the actions of just one person can hurt the reputation for the whole school district.  ;D

If that's the case,  every school in the world would be classless.  There's one in every school.   ;D

luxora4life

Subs came in for Riverside at the end of the game then Rivercrest puts their (subs in, Riverside put three starters back in and then Rivercrest put their starters back in and pressed).  Any reasoning behind this?

There, I fixed it to state the facts.

Again, I didn't understand Rivercrest coach decision, and wasn't a fan of that decision.

Here's an idea, how about you asking him when you see him during the district tournament at Piggott.

RedWolf275

The three starters were seniors as were the other two who very seldom play. There was a minute and a half left and Rivercrest was up 26. In my opinion, this coach won't be at Rivercrest for long. Administrators hate controversy.

Radiotalker

ISU7

February 04, 2018, 03:08:23 am #15 Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:24:04 am by ISU7
Lol you forgot to say 3 of the Riverside subs were starters.😄 Hey Lux are we talking about the same Riverside Rebels who fans taunted Rivercrest players and coach after a Rebels win last season in Lake City. Naw it can't be😂😂

Radiotalker

Quote from: ISU7 on February 04, 2018, 03:08:23 am
Lol you forgot to say 3 of the Riverside subs were starters.😄 Hey Lux are we talking about the same Riverside Rebels who fans taunted Rivercrest players and coach after a Rebels win last season in Lake City. Naw it can't be😂😂

Thought the same thing.

870baller15

Still doesn't take away from the fact that they were up by 30 lol

luxora4life

Quote from: 870baller15 on February 04, 2018, 11:20:31 am
Still doesn't take away from the fact that they were up by 30 lol

Again, I didn't agree with the coach's decision. 

But neither did I or any other Rivercrest fan come on here and complain or call Riverside classless, when stone was still on the floor in the 4th quarter in a blowout win against Rivercrest last year either.

RedWolf275

Wow, that's a good memory there Lux. I can barely remember what happened Friday night. But I will try to find out if Riverside was up 30 and pressing until the final buzzer. I think I already know the answer.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: luxora4life on February 04, 2018, 11:42:55 am
Again, I didn't agree with the coach's decision. 

But neither did I or any other Rivercrest fan come on here and complain or call Riverside classless, when stone was still on the floor in the 4th quarter in a blowout win against Rivercrest last year either.
The controversy started last year when one of your players pushed Stone from behind on a fast break wide open layup and got an intentional foul while being down by 15 or so points

luxora4life

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 04, 2018, 12:09:49 pm
Wow, that's a good memory there Lux. I can barely remember what happened Friday night. But I will try to find out if Riverside was up 30 and pressing until the final buzzer. I think I already know the answer.

20+ at Rivercrest, no they wasn't pressing.  Coach pull his starters with about 1:40 left in the game.  I do have good memory, but it's easy on the brain just to go back and watch the game. 

Did I forget to mention, I wasn't a fan of our coach decision to put his starters back in the game, let alone continuing to press Riverside.

RedWolf275

Lux, after reading your posts on FF for the last few years, I didn't figure you were a fan of running the score up intentionally. I'm not either.

luxora4life

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 04, 2018, 03:15:15 pm
Lux, after reading your posts on FF for the last few years, I didn't figure you were a fan of running the score up intentionally. I'm not either.

Only if Rivercrest is playing Osceola  ;D

ISU7

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 04, 2018, 12:47:16 pm
The controversy started last year when one of your players pushed Stone from behind on a fast break wide open layup and got an intentional foul while being down by 15 or so points
The difference is the Rebels were winning last season. 0-14 will make you complain about anything. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas