• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane Hatcher?

Started by jsky14, January 27, 2018, 03:56:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdahill

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on May 29, 2018, 03:26:13 pm
Generally speaking, the rigor of a PA degree can not be achieved without the ability to get a 21 on the ACT. I'm not saying absolutely, but it would be rare.

Not to mention if you can master the PA offense you are going to handle the ACT hurdle with ease. The ACT speculation seems extremely unlikely to me

gameoflife

I don't think you can automatically say the IQ academically and on the field are always the same.  Some very good players are not very good students and vice versa. 

Overdahill

Quote from: gameoflife on May 30, 2018, 10:33:52 am
I don't think you can automatically say the IQ academically and on the field are always the same.  Some very good players are not very good students and vice versa.

I'm not saying its automatic in all cases but we're talking about QB for one of the more complex systems around and if I remember his "offer" list it included Georgetown

AirWarren

Quote from: Overdahill on May 30, 2018, 11:34:35 am
I'm not saying its automatic in all cases but we're talking about QB for one of the more complex systems around and if I remember his "offer" list it included Georgetown

Come on. There are some kids that can play football then there are kids that have a brain for complex chemistry. Football IQ and academia are two totally different beasts, I don't care how "complex" the pa playbook is.  Now, there are RARE cases where a kid is blessed with both. But again, that's rare.

the voice

I think most of the plays PA runs are determined presnap , kk gives a play and depending on the defense it's run accordingly. Most times it's more remembering the audibles for the week . I know greenwood only runs a few plays that have several different options. It seems really complex to some but it's really pretty simple. Take what they give you , which for PA includes taking shots down the field.

JessieP

Quote from: AirWarren on May 30, 2018, 11:47:25 am
Come on. There are some kids that can play football then there are kids that have a brain for complex chemistry. Football IQ and academia are two totally different beasts, I don't care how "complex" the pa playbook is.  Now, there are RARE cases where a kid is blessed with both. But again, that's rare.

That's a very good point. Take at look at a very obscure (sarcasm) example, Peyton Manning. As a student Manning was never considered an Oxford candidate. He struggled academically in high school and college. At the NFL combine he scored a 28 on the Wonderlic test (the test that measures intelligence), he was 20th in his combine among qb's. The average score of starting NFL qb's is 38. He ran the most complicated offense in the league better than anyone else. PA's offense is not Harvard, they just do it like a machine.

AirWarren

Quote from: JessieP on May 30, 2018, 12:29:01 pm
That's a very good point. Take at look at a very obscure (sarcasm) example, Peyton Manning. As a student Manning was never considered an Oxford candidate. He struggled academically in high school and college. At the NFL combine he scored a 28 on the Wonderlic test (the test that measures intelligence), he was 20th in his combine among qb's. The average score of starting NFL qb's is 38. He ran the most complicated offense in the league better than anyone else. PA's offense is not Harvard, they just do it like a machine.

God's gifts. Sometimes comes as one....both....or not athletic or academic all. Haha.

Overdahill

Yes and Manning also had the ACT score to play in the SEC. The ACT score to play in the SEC is not Harvard or Oxford level so bad comparison

Overdahill

Quote from: AirWarren on May 30, 2018, 11:47:25 am

Hello? I don't think one needs a brain for complex chemistry to score an acceptable ACT to play in the SEC

AirWarren

Quote from: Overdahill on May 30, 2018, 02:57:29 pm
Hello? I don't think one needs a brain for complex chemistry to score an acceptable ACT to play in the SEC

I'm just saying. The way you talk the PA playbook is rocket science. Nothing rocket science about a natural born athlete knowing how and when to get the ball to playmakers.

STBruin

Quote from: AirWarren on May 30, 2018, 03:08:00 pm
I'm just saying. The way you talk the PA playbook is rocket science. Nothing rocket science about a natural born athlete knowing how and when to get the ball to playmakers.

I know of 1 play...that no matter what is called, if the defense lines up a certain way, they will automatically check to...and this year...scored quite a bit on it...

footballfan-tastic

So what you are saying is if the defense does this, then the QB does this?  Wow!  That is complex.  I bet they do a bunch of repetitions to learn how to recognize that as well.

yo

Who will be the next quarterback at PA?  With a program like that surely they have some stud in the system?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: yo on July 01, 2018, 04:37:10 pm
Who will be the next quarterback at PA?  With a program like that surely they have some stud in the system?

Last year's backup QB will start this year.  Braden Bratcher will be a junior this season.

footballfan-tastic

How is Hatcher doing at Bama?

Chief_Osceola™

I'd like to see the numbers on Jay Cutler.  After all, he played at Vanderbilt, aka the Harvard of the South.  But he's also an idiot.

MT Legend

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on July 14, 2018, 10:49:04 am
How is Hatcher doing at Bama?
pratice squad, He will never see the field their.i flew in to watch the Nettleton game.They do a lot of deception with smart kids. He was a system quarterback. You could tell he was comfortable running that system. He is nowhere near and SEC caliber quarterback though. ASU would have been a perfect fit for him.He is a sunbelt conference type quarterback.I believe he will end up at Arkansas State via transfer after a couple years.

JessieP

Quote from: MT Legend on July 16, 2018, 10:00:13 pm
pratice squad, He will never see the field their.i flew in to watch the Nettleton game.They do a lot of deception with smart kids. He was a system quarterback. You could tell he was comfortable running that system. He is nowhere near and SEC caliber quarterback though. ASU would have been a perfect fit for him.He is a sunbelt conference type quarterback.I believe he will end up at Arkansas State via transfer after a couple years.

Some would argue that the practice squad a Bama is superior to the Sunbelt Conference.

MT Legend

Quote from: JessieP on July 16, 2018, 10:06:14 pm
Some would argue that the practice squad a Bama is superior to the Sunbelt Conference.
i would say so.,If he hangs out and stays their he is probably going to get a National championship ring or 2.

footballfan-tastic

A small correction.  Manning completed his undergraduate work at UT in 3 years and graduated with a 3.6 gpa in business and communication.  He remained for an addition year, his senior season.  I wouldn't say that his grades were unimpressive.  Hardly a dummy.

footballfan-tastic

In fairness to Peyton Manning, his score of 28 is actually slightly above average. Quarterbacks average a score of 24 on the Wonderlic while all NFL players average about a 20.

Also, many famous NFL quarterbacks had terrible Wonderlic scores but went on to have great NFL careers. Most notably Vinny Testaverde (17) Terry Bradshaw (16) and Dan Marino (15).take a sample test blue callout copy

Finally, Peyton did score better on the Wonderlic than his 1998 draft rival Ryan Leaf who scored a 27.
Think you're smarter than Peyton Manning? Take our 50 question Wonderlic test sample to see for yourself. Avoid using a calculator to get the most accurate Wonderlic test score. https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/3/17076272/nfl-draft-prospect-wonderlic-score

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas