• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A All- State

Started by DuckyDon, December 21, 2017, 12:18:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DuckyDon

December 21, 2017, 12:18:13 pm Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:54:00 pm by DuckyDon
5A East
DT/DE Christian Bullock Batesville
TB Cedric Hall Batesville
OG Cade Hixson Batesville
WR/DB Demetrice Holliday Batesville
K Nelson Romero Batesville
LB/DB Corey Chunn Blytheville
OL Larry Clark Blytheville
FS Derrick Parker Forrest City
TB Kobe Brown Greene County Tech- #13 RB
LB Ty Cox Nettleton
QB Deondre Henry Nettleton
WR Will Joyner Nettleton
LB Terrian Neal Nettleton
RB Detavion Turner Nettleton
QB Trent Teager Paragould
RB Ryder Snell Valley View- #10 RB
QB Joseph Waleszonia Valley View
FS Carter Winters Valley View
QB/S Luke Chapman Wynne
LB Marterious Daniel Wynne
RB/NG Ta'Von Hicks Wynne #3 RB
C/NG Hunter Hylle Wynne
DE Logan Jessup Wynne
5A Central
FB/OLB Khalil Anthony Beebe #16 RB
RB/S Taylor Boyce Beebe #17 RB
REC Mikalen Hawkins Fair
QB Jackson Bowerstock Little Rock Christian
RB Ladarius Burnes Little Rock Christian
WR Trey Harris Little Rock Christian- (should be 4th WR)
LB Grant McElmurry Little Rock Christian
RB/S Andre Campbell McClellan
RB/OLB Tommy Crumpton McClellan
QB/ILB Bennie Kemp McClellan
RB Corbin Humphrey Mills
QB/OLB Geary Allmon Parkview
LB/RB Trevon Hadley Parkview #37 RB
OL Allen Amuimuia Pulaski Academy
QB Layne Hatcher Pulaski Academy
WR Hudson Henry Pulaski Academy- #4 WR
WR Tra Johnson Pulaski Academy#1 WR
OL Luke Jones Pulaski Academy
LB Brooks Walton Pulaski Academy
TB/LB Ty Compton Sylvan Hills
K Tito Mendoza Sylvan Hills
WR/FS Darius Waddell Sylvan Hills
RB/CB Deon Youngblood Sylvan Hills
5A West
DB Coltin Bowerman Alma
OL/DL Zac Henson Alma
QB Garrison Jensen Alma
WR Brayden Johnson Alma- #3 WR
TE/DE Zach Oliver Alma
QB/RB Nicholas Buckner Clarksville
OL Zach Newman Farmington
RB Caleb Williams Farmington #9 RB
REC/S Grant Brown Greenbrier #11 WR
QB Andrew Johnson Greenbrier
OL/DL Joseph Shaw Greenbrier
RB/LB Spencer Sutterfield Greenbrier- #12 RB
ILB/RB Brooks Both Harrison
QB/OLB Noah Ditmanson Harrison #18 RB
OLB/WR Caleb Huskey Harrison #50 WR
RB/RET Gabe Huskey Harrison- #1 RB
ILB/RB Mason Martin Harrison
LB/DE Spencer Simpson Maumelle
SS/RB Darius Thompson Maumelle #63 RB
QB Jacolby Criswell Morrilton
DT Hunter Desalvo Morrilton
DL Isaiah Williams Morrilton
DL Wyatt Millikin Vilonia
5A South
MLB Tyree Holliman Camden Fairview
WR Dalvonte Lewis Camden Fairview--
DE Cullen Rogers Camden Fairview
DE Tarrion Thompson Camden Fairview
RB Hunter Earney DeQueen #5 RB
OL/DL Jace Sims DeQueen
P Isiah Calhoun Hot Springs
DB Brandon Chambers Lakeside-HS
OL/DL John Fuller Lakeside-HS
RB Michael James Lakeside-HS- #20 RB
WR/TE Carson Muldoon Lakeside-HS
LB Alex Stewart Lakeside-HS
RB Dupree Swanson Lakeside-HS- #2 RB
RB Kadyn Roach Magnolia--1640 yds (should be #4 RB)
RB Omar Allen Watson Chapel
DL Collin Branch Watson Chapel
S Keveon Dandridge Watson Chapel
DL Keandre Kendal Watson Chapel
DL Adareus Lewis Watson Chapel
OL/DL Malik Neal Watson Chapel
DL Tariq Urquhart Watson Chapel
QB Ollie Reddick White Hall- # 8 RB
WR/DB Austin Terrell White Hall

DuckyDon

I am wondering...new to Arkansas, from Texas...who comes up with this? Coaches? Few things stand out to me...1- Watson Chapel has 7 kids that are all state and they went 8-3 and got bounced in first round. Pulaski Academy wins state, goes undefeated and has 6, which is the same as Lakeside that went 6-5 and got bounced in the first round. Makes no sense...couple teams got 0-10 or 1-9 and have a kid on All State..to me that's a joke...as a team...you go 0-10 or 1-9 and you SHOULD NOT have a kid on the All-State team...its not a PARTICIPATION AWARD...it should be the best of the best...kids that performed ON THE FIELD at the highest level....

DuckyDon

Quote from: DuckyDon on December 21, 2017, 12:28:27 pm
I am wondering...new to Arkansas, from Texas...who comes up with this? Coaches? Few things stand out to me...1- Watson Chapel has 7 kids that are all state and they went 8-3 and got bounced in first round. Pulaski Academy wins state, goes undefeated and has 6, which is the same as Lakeside that went 6-5 and got bounced in the first round. Makes no sense...couple teams got 0-10 or 1-9 and have a kid on All State..to me that's a joke...as a team...you go 0-10 or 1-9 and you SHOULD NOT have a kid on the All-State team...its not a PARTICIPATION AWARD...it should be the best of the best...kids that performed ON THE FIELD at the highest level....

There are 11 teams with more kids than the State Runner Up...and it just so happens they beat 3 of those schools in the playoffs...

AHS06

I am not sure how All-State is determined but it is not a team award.  There are a lot of kids that are the best of the best individually but the team could have a down year. 

STBruin

It's a joke, that the WR that led the state in TDs over all classes and was 2nd in 5A in yards didn't make it. All-State should never be based off politics, and a kid should make it, solely off what they do ON the field!

Complete Biased PoV

Each conference's coaches vote at their respective conference meetings, so Central coaches select central all-state, east coaches select east all-state so on and so forth.  Personally I think it is a stupid system, because that is what all-conference is for!  All-state should be held in higher regard than it is.

STBruin

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on December 21, 2017, 02:53:01 pm
Each conference's coaches vote at their respective conference meetings, so Central coaches select central all-state, east coaches select east all-state so on and so forth.  Personally I think it is a stupid system, because that is what all-conference is for!  All-state should be held in higher regard than it is.

My thoughts exactly!

Go Postal

If I'm reading this right, that's pretty good for a Sophomore RB from Harrison. :o 8)

STBruin

Quote from: Go Postal on December 21, 2017, 03:25:27 pm
If I'm reading this right, that's pretty good for a Sophomore RB from Harrison. :o 8)

him and the QB from  Morrilton

DuckyDon

Quote from: STBruin on December 21, 2017, 02:24:34 pm
It's a joke, that the WR that led the state in TDs over all classes and was 2nd in 5A in yards didn't make it. All-State should never be based off politics, and a kid should make it, solely off what they do ON the field!

I just looked it up on Maxpreps...looking at the other WRs that made it...that is truly a shame, but that has to fall on your coach's shoulders...cause based off his stats...and what he did in some big games...that is a crock!!!

FridayNightFans

ST, what's your point?  More PA kids are on here that any other team, ok I get it.

But, if your kid didn't get on this list and two PA receivers did. (Henry/Johnson) who don't have the stats then that is a PA coaching issue more than anything else.  They obviously were not pushing the issue.

RazorDad

Quote from: DuckyDon on December 21, 2017, 04:49:56 pm
I just looked it up on Maxpreps...looking at the other WRs that made it...that is truly a shame, but that has to fall on your coach's shoulders...cause based off his stats...and what he did in some big games...that is a crock!!!

Big mistake to rely on Maxpreps for stats.  For example, LRCA does not enter individual stats.  Stats that are entered often come from unofficial sources and are not vetted by the AAA or anyone else.

PercussionMan

I think it would be better if they did the #1 offensive and the #1 defensive player from each school....even on a "bad team" that doesn't win very many games, there will still be some outstanding performers.

STBruin

Quote from: RazorDad on December 23, 2017, 09:40:33 am
Big mistake to rely on Maxpreps for stats.  For example, LRCA does not enter individual stats.  Stats that are entered often come from unofficial sources and are not vetted by the AAA or anyone else.

Oh, I know that! LRCA's leading WR had 1184 yards and 17TDs. Figure from a passing standpoint in the 5A, that's going to be the only noticeable WR with big numbers.

STBruin

December 23, 2017, 10:48:54 am #14 Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:29:45 am by STBruin
Quote from: FridayNightFans on December 22, 2017, 06:31:37 pm
ST, what's your point?  More PA kids are on here that any other team, ok I get it.

But, if your kid didn't get on this list and two PA receivers did. (Henry/Johnson) who don't have the stats then that is a PA coaching issue more than anything else.  They obviously were not pushing the issue.

But that is my point, there are teams with as many and more, which makes no sense!!! All-State has turned into, vote for my guy and i will vote for yours. Or since I don't like this coach, I will vote his kids last, which is a dis-service to the kids! I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY! But you have to admit, the system is flawed!!!

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: STBruin on December 23, 2017, 10:48:54 am
But that is my point, there are teams with as many and more, which makes no sense!!! All-State has turned into, vote for my guy and i will vote for yours. Or since I don't like this coach, I will vote his kids last, which is a dis-service to the kids! I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY! But you have to admit, the system is flawed!!!

I agree 100%; it's total BS. 

Grond

December 24, 2017, 11:40:09 am #16 Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 12:16:30 pm by Grond

I am NOT a coach or school employee, but I think it works like this:

ALL-CONFERENCE - nominated by the coaches of the team for the players of that team. Can be one kid or ten. Essentially an honor given by coaches for players on THEIR team.

ALL-STATE - also nominated by team coaches for the players on their team, but the number of All-State nominations depends on where your team finishes in the conference.

I also have to admit that I do NOT have a clear picture of how all this works.

Also be aware that being All-Conference or All-State has little meaning to college coaches in Arkansas.

Grond

There is also the Senior Game in the Spring. I don't know exactly how that works, either. I have seen players that DID NOT make All-State play in that game..........because All-State doesn't list enough linemen.

Would love for each conference to vote on conference awards, like Best O-lineman, Best RB, Best LB, etc. Make it where coaches vote, but have a rule that you CANNOT vote for a player on YOUR team.

This is how the Great American Conference [NCAA Division II colleges in Arkansas and Oklahoma] decides its All-Conference teams. They do 1st Team, 2nd Team, and Honorable Mention.

PA Dad

On a related note, congratulations to Layne Hatcher and Coach Kelley.  The DemGaz named Hatcher the offensive player of the year and Kelley the coach of the year.

Mijally2

I see that the Jones kid from Highland Park was offered a scholarship by the Hogs. What separates him from the Hatcher kid?  PA did beat Highland Park with Hatcher and he's a 4 time state champion in football and wrestling so you know he's tough as nails.  Both are same size. I'm asking because I have no clue why.

PA Dad

Quote from: Mijally2 on December 25, 2017, 09:59:53 am
I see that the Jones kid from Highland Park was offered a scholarship by the Hogs. What separates him from the Hatcher kid?  PA did beat Highland Park with Hatcher and he's a 4 time state champion in football and wrestling so you know he's tough as nails.  Both are same size. I'm asking because I have no clue why.

I haven't watched the Jones kid so I really don't know.  Maybe their grandfathers?

JessieP

Quote from: Mijally2 on December 25, 2017, 09:59:53 am

A lot of people don't grasp the fact that the most impressive thing about KK's accomplishments at PA are a result of good coaching. PA is not now or ever loaded with great athletes. He has played the hand he was dealt, and has played it very well. The fact that Hatcher has won X amount of games or that he has beaten HP equals a popcorn fart to college recruiters. Jones throws bullet passes, he can read a defense and has won against much tougher competition then PA faces. College coaches look for intangibles that the average fan has no clue about. Now I do feel Hatcher has D1 attributes, the kid is tough as nails and can handle pressure. He may one day prove a lot of doubters wrong but he doesn't jump out at you compared to other QB's. Having played D1 football and seen a great many PA games I really only see the OT as a can't miss D1 player. I know they have others that received offers but he's the only true Power 5 senior player they have.

Mijally2

Being a D1 player doesn't have a popcorn fart to do with knowing anything about recruiting football players. I was asking someone besides the know-it-all.

STBruin

Quote from: Mijally2 on December 26, 2017, 08:09:59 am
Being a D1 player doesn't have a popcorn fart to do with knowing anything about recruiting football players. I was asking someone besides the know-it-all.

Both very similar- both undersized height wise- both around 5'10"- both put up crazy passing numbers in pass happy offenses. If I were to guess, I would probably say Jones's grandfather had something to do with the offer.

JessieP

Quote from: Mijally2 on December 26, 2017, 08:09:59 am

I meant no disrespect towards your Lord and Savior Kevin Kelley. I was actually paying him a compliment on what he has achieved. Tell you what, as my Christmas gift to you I'll play along.

Here goes: Can someone please explain to me how no NFL team has hired KK to become head coach? In fact, why is he not commissioner? I mean schools are out until early January, surely he has time to send notes to all playoff teams, negotiate a middle east peace treaty and cure all known diseases. Why do more people not see this? Another point, why are there players from other schools on the All-State team? All-State should be the 22 PA starters, no one else. And why are the players and coaches at East Salt Lake not under Federal Indictment? Those dirty cheaters should be locked up. Let's all try to make 2018 a year when not only Arkansas but the entire Nation kneels at the alter of Pulaski Academy and their devilishly handsome head coach. It sickens me how the non-PA players named to the All-State team have not denounced the honor and given the award to more deserving PA players. God Bless PA and God Bless Coach Kevin Kelley.

Merry Christmas!

STBruin

Quote from: JessieP on December 26, 2017, 01:23:21 pm
I meant no disrespect towards your Lord and Savior Kevin Kelley. I was actually paying him a compliment on what he has achieved. Tell you what, as my Christmas gift to you I'll play along.

Here goes: Can someone please explain to me how no NFL team has hired KK to become head coach? In fact, why is he not commissioner? I mean schools are out until early January, surely he has time to send notes to all playoff teams, negotiate a middle east peace treaty and cure all known diseases. Why do more people not see this? Another point, why are there players from other schools on the All-State team? All-State should be the 22 PA starters, no one else. And why are the players and coaches at East Salt Lake not under Federal Indictment? Those dirty cheaters should be locked up. Let's all try to make 2018 a year when not only Arkansas but the entire Nation kneels at the alter of Pulaski Academy and their devilishly handsome head coach. It sickens me how the non-PA players named to the All-State team have not denounced the honor and given the award to more deserving PA players. God Bless PA and God Bless Coach Kevin Kelley.

Merry Christmas!

Not saying there should be 22 PA starters at all...but 2 teams in the south that have more/same amount of people on All-State list than the State Champs and the runner up, is not right...All- State should be what kids do on the field, and it not be a participation award, which in some instances it has become...again...Politics and popularity should have 0 affect on the All-State selection.

Have a Happy New Year...as well!!!!

Greyhands

Quote from: Go Postal on December 21, 2017, 03:25:27 pm
Brooks Both is a sophomore also

JessieP

December 30, 2017, 03:05:48 pm #27 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:33:30 pm by JessieP
Quote from: STBruin on December 26, 2017, 04:52:58 pm
Not saying there should be 22 PA starters at all...but 2 teams in the south that have more/same amount of people on All-State list than the State Champs and the runner up, is not right...All- State should be what kids do on the field, and it not be a participation award, which in some instances it has become...again...Politics and popularity should have 0 affect on the All-State selection.

Have a Happy New Year...as well!!!!

You're missing a pretty big point and at the same time playing into the hands of the "they recruit" crowd. PA is an outstanding TEAM, football is a TEAM sport. It is far more impressive to win a championship without a stockpile of individual stars, then to be loaded with "All-State" players. An All-State team top heavy with PA players pours gasoline on the unfair advantage narrative. Some PA fans are so busy decrying the lack of PA players, they don't realize a State Champion without any All-State players is a jaw dropping feat, people would be forced to admit "That's unreal, very impressive".

I know it's changed, but originally All-State teams were supposed to mirror All-Pro designations. 22 players, one for each position, made All-State. The best at his given position won the honor. As we became a Nation of whiney "everyone gets a trophy" sports parents All-State became watered down. At this rate in a few years 25% of starters will be named All-State, it will become a "who cares" designation.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas