• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McGehee at Rivercrest

Started by owl84, November 24, 2017, 10:03:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

owl84

What's everybody's thoughts? What kind of offense does Rivercrest run?

redandgray

501Arkansas

owl84

Rivercrest has got a good size line!

ea cat

same offenses as 2014 just both run it better. This game will come down to who plays defense better.

870ARK

Curleywolf Fan

owl84

bootlegger

If the colts can get everyone healthy i pick them to win 35 to 21

luxora4life

Quote from: bootlegger on November 24, 2017, 11:27:00 pm
If the colts can get everyone healthy i pick them to win 35 to 21

That 21 might be to high.  That defense is playing crazy good.

501Arkansas

Crest defense is tough. Ill say crest 35-7

ea cat

Don't think either team will light up the scoreboard next week. Will be a defensive battle.

Leo Marvin

I watched both teams against Newport.  Should be a great game.  Slight edge to Rivercrest. 

Ghost of Colts52

The Newport game was rivercrest worst game of the year. Been a different team since then

DogCatcher

CoolBreeze

You NEA guys had better hope the Rivercrest team doesn't discount the Owls the posters seem to. They are a quality team. If the Colts don't take them seriously, they could be playing basketball next week.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 26, 2017, 03:47:01 pm
You NEA guys had better hope the Rivercrest team doesn't discount the Owls the posters seem to. They are a quality team. If the Colts don't take them seriously, they could be playing basketball next week.

you picked atkins to beat them.

ea cat

Owls don't mind being the underdog.

Ghost of Colts52

After watching the films on the owls they are a really good football team. They hurt themselves with turnovers. I was surprised at the lack of pure speed I'm used to seeing and they are smaller than the colts. I'll take the colts by 21 again. Like I said in the mayflower thread it would be a mercy rule if the colts were healthy. Once again they are high school kids and you never know but I don't see this on being close. I also think Osceola will roll up JC and it will be a missco state title. The owls are good and I mean no disrespect. But this colt team is just better.

DogCatcher

I watched their Newport game since they both played them. I think Newport is better then the owls but couldn't finish a drive and lost. Owls will have to throw the ball to win. I don't see the owls going into the cotton patch and winning.

Red Devil Dad

Don't let the Owls size fool ya, they are very physical and can hit.  Number 7 and 6 run hard and are fast.  Good luck Owls I will be rooting for you from Atkins. 

Coltfan2005

Those first two sentences sound familiar. Oh yeah, a Mayflower poster said it last week...with a few different numbers.

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 26, 2017, 03:47:01 pm
All these posters are not from NEA. Colts will not take any team light. Colts kinda banged up a little but they will be ready to leave it all on the cotton patch for the last game ever to be played there. GO COLTS🐴🏈  Safe travels to Mcgehee and praying for a injury free game🙏💯

Paperman

Colts will be playing in two weeks at War Memorial! RHS 34-19 winners

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 26, 2017, 06:20:53 pm
Don't let the Owls size fool ya, they are very physical and can hit.  Number 7 and 6 run hard and are fast.  Good luck Owls I will be rooting for you from Atkins.

Sadly you are cheering for the losing team.

ea cat

Predicting the Owls to finish with 19 only proved your lack of scouting ability.

cuz

November 26, 2017, 10:19:14 pm #26 Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 10:21:54 pm by cuz
Quote from: ea cat on November 26, 2017, 10:09:21 pm
Predicting the Owls to finish with 19 only proved your lack of scouting ability.
The Owls might just fool you....

ISU7

Quote from: ea cat on November 26, 2017, 10:09:21 pm
Why not , They only scored 20 vs Newport two td's came via  an  85 yd td on a fake punt, and the other on a pick 6. But then that was then Friday is a different game right. 8)

ea cat

Okay. When was the last time they kicked an extra point or field goal?

#54Owl

Quote from: ISU7 on November 26, 2017, 11:24:33 pm
Why not , They only scored 20 vs Newport two td's came via  an  85 yd td on a fake punt, and the other on a pick 6. But then that was then Friday is a different game right. 8)

Not a genius, but I think Rivercrest only scored 14...

ISU7

November 27, 2017, 05:34:54 am #30 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:36:42 am by ISU7
Quote from: #54Owl on November 27, 2017, 01:21:03 am
Not a genius, but I think Rivercrest only scored 14...
I was talking about offensive scores ??? You used your 13th post just too tell me something I already knew. ;D 8)

ea cat

You must not think much of Newport.  But you are right about one thing. This is a different Friday.

Ghost of Colts52

One would be a fool to judge rivercrest on their one let down game of the season. We have one every year. In our last title run it was against Manila. Before that of course we went undefeated. I think this team is every bit as good as the 2010 team when healthy. The big difference is that I think this team is way better in the trenches. This group of linemen Are special on both sides of the ball and we have really good size for the 3a.

Lions84

teh29

What is the breakdown of this colt team as far as classmen?  Like how many srs jrs etc are on this team?

Jimbo Morphis

Where is the Cotton Patch? I was told it's not at the school.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Oldman on November 27, 2017, 12:08:59 pm
Where is the Cotton Patch? I was told it's not at the school.
Wilson Ar

Jimbo Morphis

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Oldman on November 27, 2017, 12:56:40 pm
I take it if I can find Wilson I can't miss the field?

when you get off the interstate at hwy 14 take a right. Bear right at Marie, When that road ends, take another right. Cotton patch. Stay away from bathrooms.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Oldman on November 27, 2017, 12:56:40 pm
I take it if I can find Wilson I can't miss the field?
You cant miss it at all

Missco

Probably quicker to get off at the Basset exit.

#54Owl

Quote from: ISU7 on November 27, 2017, 05:34:54 am
I was talking about offensive scores ??? You used your 13th post just too tell me something I already knew. ;D 8)

You're right. I don't say much, but it does seem like you and many others believe Rivercrest is the ONLY team that have bad games. Both teams are 11-2. I'm sure neither played their best in the two losses. Both teams loss early in the season to a higher class school and 3A school. I mean Rivercrest avg. 36pts a game and allows 15pts; McGehee avg. 42pts a game and allows 17pts. I just don't see a blowout by Rivercrest.

Jimbo Morphis

November 27, 2017, 03:10:35 pm #43 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:29:13 pm by Oldman
Quote from: Missco on November 27, 2017, 02:59:55 pm
Thank You, any suggestions on eating?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: #54Owl on November 27, 2017, 03:09:46 pm
You're right. I don't say much, but it does seem like you and many others believe Rivercrest is the ONLY team that have bad games. Both teams are 11-2. I'm sure neither played their best in the two losses. Both teams loss early in the season to a higher class school and 3A school. I mean Rivercrest avg. 36pts a game and allows 15pts; McGehee avg. 42pts a game and allows 17pts. I just don't see a blowout by Rivercrest.
I suspect the predictions are based on relative strengths of the two conferences. This year, the 6-3A dropped off dramatically after the top two teams. Not so with the 3-3A.

mossflyer

There's a restaurant right in the middle of Wilson just past the field that's really good. It's a place you would not expect to be in Wilson, AR.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Missco on November 27, 2017, 02:59:55 pm

but then you have to drive through bassett

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Oldman on November 27, 2017, 03:10:35 pm
Thank You, any suggestions on eating?

The cafe is a little expensive.  Chef brought into open the place charges a little much for a cheeseburger.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 27, 2017, 05:59:28 pm
The cafe is a little expensive.  Chef brought into open the place charges a little much for a cheeseburger.
Is it a good burger?

Coltfan2005

yes, it is. but for 11.00 it ought to be made of ribeye

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas