• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devonte Davis and Gerald Doakes of J Ville Lighthouse

Started by coachzo, February 07, 2017, 12:57:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coachzo

Be on the look out for these two players. Both are freshman and both stand around 6"3. Long and athletic backcourt for the next 3 year. Both will be D1 players as long as they keep the grades up. Play AAU with Antonio Buchanan's Arkansas Wings EYBL 14U. Davis is number 10 and Doakes is number 5. Check them out asap

Cheek1

Yeah good to have Private and Charter schools who don't have to follow same rules as Public. The recruiting they do is not fair to public schools, they need to play each other

MomaLion

They are very beatable. Several teams have players just as athletic. Good,  yes...not great.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek1 on February 07, 2017, 04:11:16 pm
Yeah good to have Private and Charter schools who don't have to follow same rules as Public. The recruiting they do is not fair to public schools, they need to play each other creating there on Recruited Conferences.
I know private schools have different rules..do charter schools as well?

Pit Bull

February 08, 2017, 06:18:47 am #4 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:20:26 am by Pit Bull
Well in Little Rock area you can go to school where you want to...

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 08, 2017, 01:15:56 am
I know private schools have different rules..do charter schools as well?

Worse,  the 365 day rule does not apply to charter schools.

Donnie Jamon

Both already getting D1 offers..  Just recently Abilene Christian.. 

FisherOfMen11

Should they not be playing 15U if they are freshman? Also I would be shocked if they stay there. With all the major basketball powerhouses in the LR area look for them to move to one to play the best competition. Maumelle, Mills, Parkview, just to name the biggest 3 powerhouses.

BirdCall

Quote from: coachzo on February 07, 2017, 12:57:10 pm
Be on the look out for these two players. Both are freshman and both stand around 6"3. Long and athletic backcourt for the next 3 year. Both will be D1 players as long as they keep the grades up. Play AAU with Antonio Buchanan's Arkansas Wings EYBL 14U. Davis is number 10 and Doakes is number 5. Check them out asap
Are you implying about grades because they are black??? They are 15 they have time to get there grades right even if they aren't the best plus they go to a private school so I am sure there gradesare good and  will be where they need to be when it's time to go to college.

BirdCall

They both will be playing at a High major college when the time comes at either Arkansas or Kentucky. They honestly are probably top 5 in there perspective position PG for Davis and SG for Doakes in the 2020 class. They will also win the 2A state championship next year as well don't @ me but just wait watch and see.

BirdCall

Davis and Doakes already hold offers from Southern Miss and Abilene Christian. Today Doakes got offered by Texas A&M and I see Kenucky coming soon maybe for the summer is over just watch.

FisherOfMen11

Also offers right now do not mean much. Colleges can not officially offer kids this young so there is no commitment from the colleges just to flatter the kids to hopefully get them in their memory if the kid checks out in a few years.

BigLion10

Thought you could offer anytime you just couldn't sign till senior year

FisherOfMen11

Quote from: BigLion10 on May 01, 2017, 03:13:39 pm
Thought you could offer anytime you just couldn't sign till senior year

You can offer but I do not think it is official until then or at least that is what I have always been told.

BigLion10

BigLion10

Pit Bull

Quote from: BirdCall on May 01, 2017, 02:34:31 pm
They both will be playing at a High major college when the time comes at either Arkansas or Kentucky. They honestly are probably top 5 in there perspective position PG for Davis and SG for Doakes in the 2020 class. They will also win the 2A state championship next year as well don't @ me but just wait watch and see.

Win the 2A State next year? Wait! Didn't Earle give them a 20 piece chicken dinner? We are returning everyone next season for sides and free fries 🍟

BirdCall

Quote from: Pit Bull on May 02, 2017, 12:47:45 pm
Win the 2A State next year? Wait! Didn't Earle give them a 20 piece chicken dinner? We are returning everyone next season for sides and free fries 🍟
My point is these guys are getting better at a very high rate and I just don't see anyone in the 2A stopping them next year maybe Earle but will you all be the same team or are you getting just as good as these guys are??? I highly doubt it and what offers do any of the Earle's players hold in basketball???

Pit Bull

We will be better next season I believe, we bring in a 6'6 center from ninth grade that can run the court like a guard, he could have moved up this season but a decision was made that we were already fully loaded enough to win it all. Over the course of the next 5 years we will get stronger and stronger in Basketball for sure. As far as offers are concerned, Basketball is just what we do so at any given time these kids could get looks but our strength really isn't in individual game but team ball is how we've won 9 State Titles, 2 in a row, looking for the 3Peat viciously....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Pit Bull on May 02, 2017, 06:16:43 pm
We will be better next season I believe, we bring in a 6'6 center from ninth grade that can run the court like a guard, he could have moved up this season but a decision was made that we were already fully loaded enough to win it all. Over the course of the next 5 years we will get stronger and stronger in Basketball for sure. As far as offers are concerned, Basketball is just what we do so at any given time these kids could get looks but our strength really isn't in individual game but team ball is how we've won 9 State Titles, 2 in a row, looking for the 3Peat viciously....

The 9th grader is legit. Was impressed with him when i saw him.

Pit Bull

Dogg

Quote from: BirdCall on May 02, 2017, 01:17:39 pm
My point is these guys are getting better at a very high rate and I just don't see anyone in the 2A stopping them next year maybe Earle but will you all be the same team or are you getting just as good as these guys are??? I highly doubt it and what offers do any of the Earle's players hold in basketball???
they hoop in Earle year round. Getting better is what we do in the E.  The dogs will also have something they didn't have last year a true point guard that moved in that will be a game changer. 3peat coming!!

BirdCall

A move in PG takes minutes from somebody else but we will see what happens.

Dogg

The same thing that happened this year. 20 piece
🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

MomaLion

Bigtimebasketballfan

If earls managed to persuade either of the jr high guards from Marion to come over would be huge. Ones last name was Reeves. Not 100 percent on other one

FisherOfMen11

Heard LightHouse will be going 3A next year sooooooo

NWA Hawg

Quote from: FisherOfMen11 on May 04, 2017, 09:37:29 am
Heard LightHouse will be going 3A next year sooooooo

They will not move to 3A until the 2018-2019 season.

FisherOfMen11

Pit Bull

May 05, 2017, 05:18:16 am #29 Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:22:33 am by Pit Bull
Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on May 04, 2017, 06:52:41 am
If earls managed to persuade either of the jr high guards from Marion to come over would be huge. Ones last name was Reeves. Not 100 percent on other one

Earle is very familiar with these 2 guards, they were both trained as pups in the Dogpound Vicious Baller Developmental Puppy Kennel Academy when they were little because their parents and relatives are from Earle but they went on to play at Marion. Anyway I don't think either is headed our way, I've been hearing that they are looking at Jonesboro.

NEark tigers

Dont worry, The 9X WORLD CHAMPIONS will attract more players that want to be a champion....

BigLion10

BigLion10

biglion1985

Trust me coach Murray will have the dogs ready and yes I smell a 3peat

BigLion10

Heard from a lot of people that Doakes will be a Cahrgin Wildcat at NLR this year

coachzo

First off I am not implying that the boys are black and they will have bad grades....I am black myself and I've coached, trained and been around Gerald and Devo the past 5 years.....I know these are good kids but grades can always be a factor with any kid when u get in the spotlight and girls come into play. Not to mention partying, smoking and drinking. Kids will experiment. heck we did too. Yes Gerald Doakes and Moses Moody are at NLR. Were playing in a fall league currently at NLR community Center that Butter (Anton Beard Dad) is hosting. We played against doakes and moody yesterday and they looked great together. We beat them but they looked good. Davis is still at lighthouse. I talked to davis about going to Cabot High to get in 7A basketball.

Titan Spirit

I just want to ask...
Why wouldn't these kids at least be considering Jacksonville? They're 6A which has historically been the best division in Arkansas. Four state title appearances since 2010. Two state titles. They got out of PCSSD and got their own district. Getting a brand new arena bigger than Cabots by the time those guys are seniors. And it's their hometown. Why not play for your hometown team anyway, but especially with all that going for them.

LeftyWorld

November 03, 2017, 10:10:12 am #37 Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:17:31 am by LeftyWorld
Why would you convince them to go to 7A basketball? Why not 5A which is by far the best basketball in the state. Moody left Parkview which plays some of the toughest competition in the state year around in their conference and district tournament to go play 7A ball against easier competition night in and night out. If there was an overall state champion 5A would own basketball out right or at least from the championship games ive seen lately. Had NLR played in the 5-6A blended last year with parkview, maumelle, jacksonville, even hall they would have struggled.

BigLion10

Quote from: Titan Spirit on November 03, 2017, 09:59:39 am
I just want to ask...
Why wouldn't these kids at least be considering Jacksonville? They're 6A which has historically been the best division in Arkansas. Four state title appearances since 2010. Two state titles. They got out of PCSSD and got their own district. Getting a brand new arena bigger than Cabots by the time those guys are seniors. And it's their hometown. Why not play for your hometown team anyway, but especially with all that going for them.
I wondered that myself Titan, just look at the competition level and all the D-1 ballplayers that conference has produced the last 15 years it is unreal.

BirdCall

Quote from: Titan Spirit on November 03, 2017, 09:59:39 am
I just want to ask...
I'm pretty sure some 2A teams can beat some 6A teams so relax with that.

BirdCall

Quote from: LeftyWorld on November 03, 2017, 10:10:12 am
Why would you convince them to go to 7A basketball? Why not 5A which is by far the best basketball in the state. Moody left Parkview which plays some of the toughest competition in the state year around in their conference and district tournament to go play 7A ball against easier competition night in and night out. If there was an overall state champion 5A would own basketball out right or at least from the championship games ive seen lately. Had NLR played in the 5-6A blended last year with parkview, maumelle, jacksonville, even hall they would have struggled.
Mood left Parkview because it was crowded their with a lot of talent still they have maybe 8-9 players that can really go so instead of playing the 30 mins a night he wanted he was going to get 20 at the most cause the seniors Ethan Henderson, CJ White, Rod Terry. Juniors Al Flannigan, Airion Simmions, and Robert Shelton. Sophomore Ryan Gordan and Freshmen Erin Outley is a top player in the 2021 class. It's not a lot of room for mistakes or you could get subbed right out real quick and they no skip a beat at all. With the injury to Caleb Stokes hurts them more than losing Moody in my opinion. NLR couldn't beat Parkview if they played each other. If you know the Seniors and Juniors I named on the team as key players have offers and will all play college ball some where next year. 

Rayburn

Quote from: BirdCall on November 03, 2017, 10:24:37 am
I'm pretty sure some 2A teams can beat some 6A teams so relax with that.
Not sure what you're taking offense to here.

BigLion10

Saw a picture on Twitter of Doakes first day at Jacksonville High today, is he playing there this season?

BirdCall

HorseFeathers

I seen that too...and a quoted tweet of his saying he'd be eligible to play in January and Jacksonville High....

trojanman

happy for him. I'm glade he will be able to legally play somwhere

BirdCall

Well Jacksonville just got 20+ points better with Doakes on the team now. 

bdubyab60

Even though we have had the benefit of transfers and move ins I'm not a huge fan of kids transferring. Unless it is to better themselves of course. Really hurts these small schools.

It's the nature of the beast now though

BirdCall

Well he will be playing in the 5A now which might be the best classification this year so he will see good competition every night once he starts playing and people will see him perform against some of the other top players in the state as well. Gyms will be packed out now for sure. 

MomaLion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 15, 2017, 07:19:06 pm
Even though we have had the benefit of transfers and move ins I'm not a huge fan of kids transferring. Unless it is to better themselves of course. Really hurts these small schools.

It's the nature of the beast now though
Totally agree with this...a good player will be seen, even in a small pond, with enough additional activity...AAU, camps etc...there's so much available nowadays to get them out there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas